Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, August 1, 2012 - Orctivism

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited August 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Rigor is funny like that.

• Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    The title fucking seals the deal for me.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Is there a new orc game out? Or was this drawn just to use the pun?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Penny Arcade is racist towards orcs.

I bet they think all orcs are green with tusks, too.

• Options
    NeuroskepticNeuroskeptic Registered User regular
    Man, orcs can take care of themselves. It's the kobolds I feel for. Every game they appear in, these poor creatures are viciously abused.

"Do you really need that candle? Grubshukk does. He lives on less than 3 copper pieces per day."

• Options
    echo 78echo 78 Title Registered User regular
    I literally just beat the first Orcs Must Die, come on to PA and see this comic. Too perfect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeppermintaPepperminta Registered User regular
    What I love about this one is that I can't tell whether a human sympathizer was speared for naively supporting a wholely vicious species, or this is how orcs sincerely, unironically go about making their picket signs.

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Anyone else viewing the comic with the Orcs Must Die 2 ad banner right above it?

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I feel like I've seen this exact comic before.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Obviously they want people to use more spring traps. A nice, clean death as soon as they hit the acid/lava, instead of having to deal with the burning agony of walking through acid sprayers/having organs impaled by arrow traps.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    What I love about this one is that I can't tell whether a human sympathizer was speared for naively supporting a wholely vicious species, or this is how orcs sincerely, unironically go about making their picket signs.
    Definitely. I prefer the second: it's funnier and less obvious. But the beauty of the comic is that it can be read both ways.

• Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    Definitely. I prefer the second: it's funnier and less obvious. But the beauty of the comic is that it can be read both ways.

Check the shadows in the background.

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    This is the best comic title ever.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Sometimes simple is best.

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
  • Options
    yosaphbridgeyosaphbridge Registered User new member
    I wish, wish, wish Scott and Gabe both would stop with the orange noses. I just can't stand it.

That said, one of my favorite comics. The background of panel 3 seals it. They all have speared humans holding signs. Love it.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Chris FOM wrote: »

I'm not sure how that's supposed to decide the issue.

• Options
    PeppermintaPepperminta Registered User regular
    Chris FOM wrote: »

The thing is, that doesn't actually prove it either way. It could be that a rampaging horde just speared a bunch of picketers at once and you're seeming them all being mauled, or that's a group of actual picketing orcs.

The ambiguity is what makes it beautiful. <3

• Options
    Fair enough.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Picketers who all look the same.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Hello my name is Max Fairbanks and i Understand your Company deals in motorized wheelbarrow ,And can you email me with the types and Models that you have including with their prices range On them thank you

Best regards

Max Fairbanks

Max, I think you may be under some profound misconceptions about my business.

(CW)TB
    This calls for a game about Orcs Riding in Electric Wheelbarrows. Or failing that a comic.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular

ever best post

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who said PETO with a short e and had a little chuckle.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    todays update by mike is whoa

I loved that particular strip, and now it's punctuated with sadness

• Options
    No kidding. Saw that last night right before bed and was hit hard. Especially since I've had a daughter since the original strip went up.