As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strange characters - ascii art?

lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimouscyberspaceRegistered User regular
edited August 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I've been trying to figure out how the hell this works:

I’m sส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็rry I brส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ke yส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ur screส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็n

I've determined that the base ascii code is 3626. However, using simply that character doesn't reproduce the result above. Some programs seem to handle the paste 'properly', and it results in just the base character showing up without the stream of characters on the lines above. Further, I've noticed that scrolling in firefox sometimes alters the effect, or causes unexploded characters to then explode.

Anyone know what's going on here?

I would download a car.
lazegamer on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    It's an extension character, there's certain languages where they can extending letters by adding accents, and they can add accents to accents, so on and so forth and in order to do that, computer wise, you allow shit like that to happen.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    S̄̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆ - thai's specific version

That is the symbol in particular that causes this.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    I appreciate at least having something to call it. I had seen it once before and my google-fu completely failed in allowing me to describe what was happening to find it again.

I would download a car.