As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Steam thread is full, find the new one

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Played the first two levels of Iron Brigade. Seems just as good, if not better, than the XBLA version.

It's supposed to have cloud support, but it's not working for me at the moment.

• Options
    PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    Repost for new thread. Also, big thank you to @Iolo for gifting me Saint's Row 3!
    Pemulis wrote: »
    So I am super bummed. Tried to be a good neighbor and loaned some tools for the day, including a really nice drill, to the guy across the street who has been going through some tough times. Well, I get back from work and his his house has been re-keyed, realtor sign in the driveway (foreclosed on). Of course I knew it was a possibility that he'd just take them, but I thought he could use a break. Anyway, lesson learned I guess :(

To cheer myself up, here are some giveaways! Open to the main group
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh look, the Half Life 3 hypewagon is starting up again.

lambdageneration.com/posts/half-life-3-confirmed-to-be-revealed-at-gamescom-2012/
    This tip comes to us from one of our readers, Hesam, and it’s a big one. On the official Gamescom website, in the Press section, there is a PDF list of new games and products set to be showcased at Gamescom 2012.
    HL3.jpg
    In case that’s not enough, I just got off the phone with a Gamescom representative who confirmed to me that every game on that list will be showcased at Gamescom 2012, and that the list itself is entirely legitimate. I didn’t ask about Half-Life 3, but you’re free to pick up the phone if you like.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    So this is a little bit mysterious. There's a PDF on the Gamescom website listing games to be shown there. The list includes Half-Life 3.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @Span_wolf is a classy chap for gifting me The Ship.

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

• Options
    I'm more interested in seeing Source Engine 2 than Half Life 3, really. SE2 will affect how a lot of future games will look and behave.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Aaaaaand it's over.
    [UPDATE 2: In addition, Doug Lombardi (Valve's VP of marketing) has confirmed to us that Valve has no plans to show anything game-related at Gamescom:

We will have the Steam team there to meet with developers and publishers. No game showing planned.

Ouch. Well, there goes my grant money.]

[UPDATE: As it turns out, Gerald Bauser doesn't work for Gamescom's organizers, and therefore, the profile in question is illegitimate. Sorry, folks - just another false alarm!]

So Gamescom "accidentally" put two very anticipated games on the showing list the day before it starts. Sigh. Can't help but be rather cynical.

Edit: More information from Eurogamer - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-14-gamescom-claims-half-life-3-and-dragon-age-3-will-be-at-show

Suriko on
  • Options
    Well that wasn't a very long time to make people falsely excited.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Someone needs to make a Railworks/Half Life crossover game where you play as a technician at Black Mesa who is responsible for making sure that the automated tram system runs smoothly and on time.

You reading this, Gaben? You can have that idea for free.

Also, please tell us what happened to HARDPE... uhh, Adrian Shepard.

• Options
    Oh god it's alive again

http://lambdageneration.com/posts/half-life-3-confirmed-to-be-revealed-at-gamescom-2012/
    [UPDATE: I have made a second call to Gamescom. I was informed that Valve had previously requested that Half-Life 3 appear on that listing, but apparently, "just a few minutes ago", Valve requested that HL3 be removed from that list. Meanwhile, Eurogamer reports that they were notified that HL3 and Dragon Age 3 appearing on the listing was "a mistake".

The situation is murky; don't get your hopes up just yet.]

I WANT TO BELIEVE (we're not going to know shit until Gamescom I guess)

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I missed @testsubject23 's last contest, but I just want to say thanks for the honorable mention on the previous one! These are great contests, and make me warm and fuzzy. I'm also biased in favor of space games, so....yeah.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Although it didn't happen in this thread, or in a give-away, I would like to point out that during a Mechwarrior Online match last night, the topic came up that I hadn't yet played Darksiders. Our very own Carbon Fire proceeded to gift it to me on the spot.

@CarbonFire stand and be recognized!

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I don't want Half-Life 3 to be found out through fans geeking out over stupid rumors. I want Valve to blow everyone out of the water one day. Like, throw a dart at a calendar then just blow that shit up all over the internet whatever day they hit, so that the world is collectively caught with their pants down.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Why can I play every new game with no issues at all but Magicka is just a constant shit show of lag, stalling, and general awfulness?

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Does anyone want to jump in on an awesomenauts three pack? I have a buddy demanding I play and the three pack seems like the only way to go.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    The sigs are back online (calculator to follow once I do some optimization).

Thank you all for your patience.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, is there a way to get a detailed break down of how long you played a game each session in Steam?
    Mine shows overall and the past week. Is there a way to get more detailed than that?

• Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    Oh god oh god I want to believe:

What about this:
    As if adding fuel to the fire ,games magazine Game Informer has confirmed that for the first time in its history it will be going to print a day later in order to accomodate a huge announcement being made at Gamescom.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Suds wrote: »

Woo, thank you good sir. Love the sigs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    minirhyder wrote: »
    Hey guys, is there a way to get a detailed break down of how long you played a game each session in Steam?
    Mine shows overall and the past week. Is there a way to get more detailed than that?

There is not. I can't say whether they track it, but what you see on your profile is all there's available.

• Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular

You're awesome.

• Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular

Thank you for making the awesome sigs!

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Hooray sigs, no longer under construction!

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Lepwave wrote: »

Says your sig is under construction.

EDIT: Says my sig is under construction!

emp123 on
  • Options
    ZinthrosZinthros Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I want to buy Iron Brigade but I don't want to mess with GFWL. Dilemma!

GFWL sucks. Hard. It's not exactly painful, though. It probably won't break your arm or anything. Probably. If you want the game, I wouldn't let GFWL stop you.

Until it "forgets" where it stored your saves.

Remember: Always make manual backups with GFWL. That or find a disabler (if we can mention those here).

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    HL3 linux only. Half-Linux 3.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I am watching the EA live conference thing right now

So far it has been non-stop groan-worthy nonsense. The new Army of Two looks like garbage, they spent a bunch of time on NHL, and they're talking about SimCity right now and that's alright but I've never been a huge fan

In case anyone feels like being disappointed when Half-Life 3 isn't shown along with me: http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/index.php

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SaboSabo Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    HL3 linux only. Half-Linux 3.

I'm sure that would ruffle a few feathers, lol.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    In case anyone was wondering, neither Half-Life 3 nor Dragon Age 3 were shown at the EA press conference, so those games still do not exist

I almost thought this was the one, guys

I really did

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    emp123 wrote: »

Refresh. Also, I could use some help regenerating the background images.

This will generate the background images for 10 games, you should see an output of what's been done. Jus keep refreshing everytime the page finishes loading. If there is no more list of images created then we're all done.

I'm nearly done downloading all the screenshots again. About 150 games left to go through.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Although it didn't happen in this thread, or in a give-away, I would like to point out that during a Mechwarrior Online match last night, the topic came up that I hadn't yet played Darksiders. Our very own Carbon Fire proceeded to gift it to me on the spot.

@CarbonFire stand and be recognized!

Glad to help! Enjoy your not-Zelda ;-)

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I bought Iron Brigade, and looking for some people to play with, I am SanderJKay on GWFL.
    Because the matchmaking is the bane of my existence:

If someone drops in the neighbourhood of a loading screen (say 2 people dc at the same time, someones game fails to load in) chances are you're trapped in an infinite loadscreen.
    If one person lags the whole game will chop up and throw [Waiting......] at you
    The game doesn't take anyones level/progress into account while matchmaking. I'm at the 2nd campaign map 3, and just got one dude who is at the final map and one dude who is at the first multiplayer map.

Another warning: The microphone is set through GWFL. Nobody knows this. By default all the settings are off, so you won't hear people talk. You have to manually select your audio device and microphone in GWFL. Also there doesn't appear to be a push to talk.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    All done. Thanks guys.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »

Refresh. Also, I could use some help regenerating the background images. All that's required is for people to visit http://alabasterslim.com/resize.php

This will generate the background images for 10 games, you should see an output of what's been done. Jus keep refreshing everytime the page finishes loading. If there is no more list of images created then we're all done.

I'm nearly done downloading all the screenshots again. About 150 games left to go through.

I think it's done. Thanks for the sigs, Suds! :D

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    You should see the backgrounds start to appear in five minutes.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Steam Community update day 2 - Group Updates:
    Since The Community first launched, Steam gamers have created over 2.5 Million groups, bringing together their friends and other like-minded gamers to talk about their common interests. Whether these groups were associated with a particular game or were just made up of friends who wanted to play together, we’re making it even easier for those players to share and enjoy their gaming experiences.

New layout

The revamped groups layout makes it easier to see what a group is really about, who’s in it, and what they’ve been up to recently. We’ve added a group overview, friend showcase, and more.

Group Discussions

Most significantly, each group will now have their own discussions area, enabling public and private discussions within the group. You get complete moderator control over your group forums, with the ability to create sub-forums, add moderators, delete posts, etc.

More Personalized

Each group can now proudly list their favorite games for others to find. You can also set the default language for the group.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Group forums: a good place to run giveaway contests that are public without cluttering up the Steam thread with all the entries? Instead of PMing people running the contest, we could post them in the forums for everyone to read and enjoy?

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Does Iron Brigade have the Martian Bear stuff with it?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Does Iron Brigade have the Martian Bear stuff with it?

Go on? Explain what this..."Martian Bear stuff" is.

M A G I K A Z A M
This discussion has been closed.