As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The World Ends With You Will Stop Toying With Us S-E!

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    In vita veritas.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I still need to beat TWEWY too. I liked it a lot, it just got shuffled aside. This looks interesting though, I like when Square Enix and company do these little teaser things.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Would be nice if it was on *everything*. Don't want to have to run out to buy a 3DS... but I'd be really tempted to if I had to.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Oh my, good news. I wonder if I should bother 100%ing the old game, I got up to the secret boss, and then wiped my save and got to him again, but I never bothered actually beating him.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Just replayed TWEWY this year from the start, still one of the best games I've ever played. Excited for this!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Would be nice if it was on *everything*. Don't want to have to run out to buy a 3DS... but I'd be really tempted to if I had to.

95% of the time someone says this it is some Nintendo platform they don't want to buy. The other 5% is split between crazy Nintendo fans begging for some game that won't run on the DS/Wii or PC fans begging some console only company to develop for the master race.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    The World Ends with You, Too?

Yes please.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    I'm glad to see this series is getting a sequel. Picked up the first one earlier this year and was of the more fun and unique games I ever played. Hope they keep the wide genre mix of music styles in the new game; that added to the enjoyment IMO.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    PMAvers wrote: »

95% of the time someone says this it is some Nintendo platform they don't want to buy. The other 5% is split between crazy Nintendo fans begging for some game that won't run on the DS/Wii or PC fans begging some console only company to develop for the master race.

That's because the Xbox has hardly any exclusives and Sony fans are zealots who buy overpriced consoles to play that one game they really love (goddamn it Persona 4 Golden).

...I'd probably buy a WiiU for TWEWY2 (not having a Nintendo handheld is laughable to me and has been since Pokemon Red).

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Guess I need to buckle down and actually finish TWEWY 1. I didn't get very far because I never figured out the dual screen combat thing where you control one or the other dudes. I find it nearly impossible to watch both screens at the same time.

I beat this game on Manual with a broken finger. Try moar! /mean

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I spent over 500 hours on TWEWY, I'll possibly spend that much time on any sequel.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    When I first got TWEWY I switched the controls to manual and never looked back. Sure, it takes awhile to get used to but it's really how the game is meant to be played. And it's so fun and satisfying. Speaking of which, I remember 100% completely TWEWY. The biggest accomplishment was beating the bonus boss on ultimate at a low level to get the last dark planet pin. That was an epic fight. Heck, beating the bonus boss the first time period was an epic fight.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I feel sad and wrong because I can't talk with my sibling about this now.
    It's been weeks, come here and be excited with me. ; _ ;

PLA on
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    I might get Twewy again and beat it properly, wasn't even close to 100% last time.

Also: Most anticipated game so far for me on the 3DS :D If it is 3DS, anyways.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

edited August 2012
    Man, I'm really digging the remixes on the teaser page. The Calling version someone posted earlier was awesome.

EDIT: Anyone else notice how the teaser page has changed a bit since it first showed up? It seems that the background gets less blury as the days go by. Changing your computer's date to anything past the 23rd, though, only shows a black background with no image or sound. Wondering if that was intentional.

TolerantZero on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    When I first got TWEWY I switched the controls to manual and never looked back. Sure, it takes awhile to get used to but it's really how the game is meant to be played. And it's so fun and satisfying. Speaking of which, I remember 100% completely TWEWY. The biggest accomplishment was beating the bonus boss on ultimate at a low level to get the last dark planet pin. That was an epic fight. Heck, beating the bonus boss the first time period was an epic fight.

So much this.

I spent like 3 weeks on that boss, beat him and didn't get the pin, and forgot to save and the power died. So i beat him again a week later and got the pin. It was the last one i needed.

I am finally getting a 3ds for my birthday the 26th and its an xl. Would be incredible if this turns out to be for it. I would be so happy as twewy is easily top 3 game on my list.

• astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    I really want this to be multiplatform, because I don't want to buy a 3DS until the NEXT NEXT redesign.

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I would totally buy a 3ds for this

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Yeah, and it's something that could convince me too, but I don't want to buy a 3DS and then a massive XL second thumb pad. I'm still hopelessly waiting for a redesign that is "complete."

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    Just the impetus I need to go back and 100% TWEWY. Excited!

Oh, and buy a 3ds.

edited August 2012
    Eeeeee why I can't has talking with sibling yet? What if I explode?

PLA on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Guys. It's an iOS remake and an arranged album.
    Go home.
    Square Enix trolled us all with a countdown.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    So apparently TWEW is fun. As someone who's at least 5 years behind in his DSing, I guess this is one I should pick up? Just got Advance Wars and am still playing FFTA2, haha.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

Go home.

Well, at least I don't have to buy a 3DS yet.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Go home.

Gah. A port on one screen? Fuck you SquareEnix. *sigh*

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    So apparently TWEW is fun. As someone who's at least 5 years behind in his DSing, I guess this is one I should pick up? Just got Advance Wars and am still playing FFTA2, haha.
    Because of all this (apparently pointless) stuff, I popped TWEWY back in my poor neglected DS (for the first time in 999 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, according to the cart) and started replaying the first few days... it's still a lot of fun.

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Go home.
    Squaaaaaaaaaaaaare

Go home.

Is this just like an assumption? Cause still 2 days left so i was wondering where this came from.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/24/world-ends-with-you-countdown-for-ios-port-square-enix-leak-rev/
    The countdown linked to The World Ends with You is for an iOS port of the DS game, a leak on the Square Enix's Japanese eShop has apparently revealed. A listing for an upcoming soundtrack of the game disclosed that an iOS version would release later this year. It also mentioned that the port will feature new music, including arranged tracks from Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Square Enix quickly deleted the incriminating info, but Siliconera has the screencaps for evermore. Hopes of that elusive sequel appear dashed once more, but we hope we're proven wrong.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Go home.

Is this just like an assumption? Cause still 2 days left so i was wondering where this came from.

Apparently it got leaked by Square's online shop.

I'm not entirely sure how that'll work. I guess you could do virtual buttons for controlling the partner, but would it really have enough screen space for both characters?

Peewi on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    iOS only? :v: Welp, see ya later thread.

edited August 2012
    Are Squeenix really that dumb, or is this one of them "iOS are actually a huge deal in Japan and foreigners are weird for not being excited about it" things?

PLA on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Are Squeenix really that dumb, or is this one of them "iOS are actually a huge deal in Japan and foreigners are weird for not being excited about it" things?

I think it's more of a "Tablet/iOS and mobile phone gaming is becoming a big deal everywhere, and SE wants to jump onto the bandwagon as soon as it can."

steam_sig.png
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    PLA wrote: »

I think it's more of a "Tablet/iOS and mobile phone gaming is becoming a big deal everywhere, and SE wants to jump onto the bandwagon as soon as it can."

Except the people who are excited for a new TWEWY don't give a shit about an iOS port and the people who are excited for iOS games don't give a shit about TWEWY

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    I'd.. kind of like to see TWEWY on iOS, because then I'd actually buy it.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
    Can not see the game playing well on there at all without neutering it.

Which is prolly what will happen.

Sucks for anyone who might actually want to enjoy it and plans on getting it there.

also yeah, doing a countdown for something like this is straight up big company trolling.

I just can't see how this would work at all.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    How the hell would you play it on ios. Maybe on a tablet it would be possible, but a phone screen is too small.

And ugh, getting excited over nothing :(.