As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new thread about Western animation

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So Johnen Vasquez (the Invader Zim guy) revealed that he did the main character designs for a new Titmouse show for Disney called Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja. The title sequence is shit hot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4xvxPWEdBE&feature=player_embedded

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So are there any full season dvd's of adventure time yet? everytime i see one its like '12 great episodes across the 3 seasons' and they sound like they are cherry picking.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    So are there any full season dvd's of adventure time yet? everytime i see one its like '12 great episodes across the 3 seasons' and they sound like they are cherry picking.

Yes, season 1 came out last month.

http://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Time-Complete-First-Season/dp/B007Q0JJHC/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1345737370&sr=1-1&keywords=adventure+time

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So Johnen Vasquez (the Invader Zim guy) revealed that he did the main character designs for a new Titmouse show for Disney called Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja. The title sequence is shit hot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4xvxPWEdBE&feature=player_embedded

I can't understand any of the theme song.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Yup. That's definitely JV.

• Options
    krushkrush Registered User regular
    wonder if he can manage to sneak an homage to Zim or JTHM in there somewhere.

• Options
    NovidNovid Registered User regular
    krush wrote: »
    wonder if he can manage to sneak an homage to Zim or JTHM in there somewhere.

he will. he did that in IZ.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Wooo the new Adventure Time marks the return of Lemongrab wooo.

• Options
    VestyVesty Registered User regular
    A trailer was released today for Seth Green & the Robot Chicken guy's new Star Wars show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRNXFhboBI

I haven't been able to find any info about when this is coming out and where it'll be airing. It looks rather meh.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    There's some solid jokes in there, but those designs! Ugh. It's like they're trying way, way too hard to be funny and takes away from the humor of everything else.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Vesty wrote: »
    A trailer was released today for Seth Green & the Robot Chicken guy's new Star Wars show

I haven't been able to find any info about when this is coming out and where it'll be airing. It looks rather meh.

George Lucas must really need money right now. Jeez.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

um... Seth Green is the Robot Chicken guy.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    As long as Seth MacFarlane continues to voice the Emperor I'm happy.

• Options
    VestyVesty Registered User regular

I know he's the big name but isn't there a few other guys as well?

• Options
    Anybody else see that Tom Hanks has a webisode on Yahoo! Called Electric City? It's strange. And they don't cuss, they just say "expletive"

• Options

I know he's the big name but isn't there a few other guys as well?

Matthew Senreich

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I can't believe no one is talking about the newest Adventure Time episode.
    Lady Rainicorn is pregnant, presumably with Jake's children.

What children's cartoon has ever featured anything like this?
    Not only is she pregnant, she's pregnant out of wedlock, and judging by her and Jake's reaction, it's unplanned

But really I wouldn't be surprised if they hardly even mention it again for the rest of the season. It wouldn't be the first time they drop a major bomb at the end of an episode and then leave it sitting there.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    Kana wrote: »

Not only is she pregnant, she's pregnant out of wedlock, and judging by her and Jake's reaction, it's unplanned

But really I wouldn't be surprised if they hardly even mention it again for the rest of the season. It wouldn't be the first time they drop a major bomb at the end of an episode and then leave it sitting there.

The continuity has been getting stronger of late, though.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Heh, that put's Tree Trunk's statement about two people living together out of wedlock in a whole new light.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

I think there's an errant apostrophe there, he probably meant Seth Green and the Robot Chicken guys, as in the whole Robot Chicken crew.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

They had plans for something like that in the DCAU.

When they were making Batman Beyond, they had plans to have Huntress (Helena Wayne) show up. They also considered an arc about the son of Superman and Lashina.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    Opty wrote: »

I think there's an errant apostrophe there, he probably meant Seth Green and the Robot Chicken guys, as in the whole Robot Chicken crew.

ah... Carry on then.

danger_mouse_colonel_k.jpg

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Detours seems funny enough to me. I'm looking forward to it.

• Options
    It kinda seems like they created it as a way to do things they wouldn't have been able to do with stop motion.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I don't understand why some of the characters are in weird semi-chibi nonsense.

Other than that it seems fine.

The Obi Wan stuff looks great and if I can get beyond the idiotic helmet they gave Vader him and Palps should be good for a larf.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Why does Obi Wan not have any pants?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    A lot of cartoons have been slowly dealing with heavier stuff over the years. Pretty sure both Doug and Pepper Anne had sex episodes, and Phineas and Ferb is full of divorce and remarriage, and occasional hints of sexuality. "Sexy" is also a pretty normal term in cartoons now, too. CGI films are loaded with sexuality. Hell, Madagascar and Dexter's Lab both feature foot fetishes.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    A lot of cartoons have been slowly dealing with heavier stuff over the years. Pretty sure both Doug and Pepper Anne had sex episodes, and Phineas and Ferb is full of divorce and remarriage, and occasional hints of sexuality. "Sexy" is also a pretty normal term in cartoons now, too. CGI films are loaded with sexuality. Hell, Madagascar and Dexter's Lab both feature foot fetishes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvksFBi04JI

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    I like to think this is in response to the post immediately above it.

• Options
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2yJ-VaMDYs

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    The first episode of Randy 9th Grade Ninja is on Disney's website. The opening is probably the best part.

Invisible on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    "Will true love conquer all?"
    >: (
    "... not on my show."

emnmnme on
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAFP0IoMfsA

The Flash finishes too fast? What does that mean? Someone explain it to me.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

Simpsons, Flintstones, Ren and Stimpy...

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Detours looks like it could be funny. I imagine it will be very hit or miss like Robot Chicken.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

Simpsons, Flintstones, Ren and Stimpy...

The first two arn't kids shows.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.