As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Child's Play Fund Raiser Event from Penny-Arcade's TERA Guild!

Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Games and Technology
With the permission of EME and the Child's Play charity I am setting up a fund drive!
Tube has given me permission to post this here in G&T.

Our guild in TERA (We Are Nice Guys - Dragonfall) is the official guild of Penny-Arcade, where Child's Play started. We are a RaidCall sponsored guild and over the last few months have earned some cash for our activity. Two weeks ago our guild master Lloye discussed donating those earnings to Child's Play. After a (very) short discussion it was unanimously decided to donate all our current earnings to this worthy charity! But, we wanted to take it a step further and involve the whole TERA community! Help make a real, tangible impact in the lives of those worthy kids and chip in a small (or large) donation today.

Our goal is a lofty $10,000 over the next month but with your help we can make this goal a reality and help a lot of children.

Donate today and be a Nice Guy too! It'll make you feel good and enhance the life of a child going through some very dark times!

So please help the kids and follow the link below and donate today!

http://tera4childsplay.chipin.com/tera-online-community-fundraiser-for-childs-play

P.S.
ChipIn is recommended by Child's Play in order to track donations to see how close we are to our $10,000 goal. Rest assured your donation goes directly to Child's Play and not a third party.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
m1LuFkU.jpg
Greg USN on

• Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    WANG is extremely proud to represent both Tera and Penny Arcade. I'm glad that our guild has such an amazing set of officers and members that really get behind helping kids. Thank you all for your support! You are an amazing person, Greg! And an amazing guild-mate!

MASeffect on
    lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks Lloye!
    so far we are at $130. Quite a ways from the goal but its only day 1!

Edit: $180! Some things happened when i was away from my desk.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Nicely done, Child's Play is always something I try to give to.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Is this different from donating to child's play normally?

I don't want to sound paranoid, but with all the things that can pop up by adding another layer to the process, if it's the same thing, wouldn't it make more sense to just donate directly?

• Options
    @Astale using ChipIn is a direct donation to Childs Play. It's the recommended on the Childs Play site and is used to give metrics for causes like this one!

• Options
    We are up to $405!! Let's keep going :)

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    I am very proud to announce that we have now hit $655!!! We are closing in on that first $1000! Thanks so much to everyone who has donated so far! <3

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    About a week of time has past and we are close to $700. Gamers really are amazing. Keep the donations up!

• Options
    Closing in on $900 Thanks for your support!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    been a bit since i updated, Real Life and all that. Very VERY happy to announce that we have now raised $1000 for the cause! Thank you everyone that has donated =)

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Child's Play is the coolest charity ever. Hoping you guys go beyond the goal.

Steam: offday