Options

MSPA: Hussmaster A raises 2 million trillion bajillion dollars

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    @tynic Look on the bright side, uh...

Uh...

Hmmmmmm...

...we live in an era with access to noise-cancelling headphones?

Well, that deals with the Pakastani pop music, but how to deal with the shippers?

This is a question for our age.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    @tynic Look on the bright side, uh...

Uh...

Hmmmmmm...

...we live in an era with access to noise-cancelling headphones?

Well, that deals with the Pakastani pop music, but how to deal with the shippers?

This is a question for our age.

FedEx!

...wait. No.

Hm.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Have you guys found the hidden arrow in the UPS logo yet

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Yes Zay it's not 2010 anymore

xet8c.gif

• Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    So who's baking up the next thread?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Sal wrote: »
    Yes Zay it's not 2010 anymore

well this is news to me

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    crwth...

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Hasn't it been 2006 for the last six years?

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    In my mind we're all still living in 2004

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Hasn't it been 2006 for the last six years?

Please don't make me 16 again, Chronomancer.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    You can make me 21 again though, that's fine.

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    220px-17again.jpg

• Options
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    i live every day like it's 9/11

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    crwth wrote: »

you sit glued to the television awaiting further updates?

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

you get woken up in the morning by someone bursting into your room saying a plane just flew into one of the twin towers and you tell them to fuck off with their obvious lies and try to go back to sleep?

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    when the date rolls around I usually tend to search youtube for videos people made on that day

not, like, from close by

just far enough that they're not in the dust cloud but they can see what's going on and are totally freaked out about it

I'm not entirely sure why I do that, but

It's A Thing

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular

You wait in your second grade classroom, twenty minutes from the Pentagon, with the lights out watching Charlotte's Web as the teachers around you wig the fuck out while trying to make it not show and it doesn't, so you're filled with the primal fear only an eight year old boy, just mature enough to properly reckon the implications of what's going on, can feel?

• Options
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

You wait in your second grade classroom,

welp, nothing like that sentence to make you feel old.

• Options
    You know what is really scary?
    For Homestuck fans you are both in at least the 90th percentile for age.

You know what is even scarier that that?
    I'm right at the fiftieth percentile judging by what I have seen. Half of Homestuck fans are probably younger than me.

• Options
    I'm a legacy fan, so I don't know if I would have gotten into it if I hadn't already known andrew/etc. Not because it's not my cup of tea or anything, I just don't really have time to read archive-intensive serial webcomics right now.

I think Andrew said somewhere that he doesn't really expect that his peer-group would be tremendously into the comic.

• Options
    I'm trying to remember how I got into it. It's probably at least 30% Campion's fault.

How old is Andrew? I really hope he's older than me so I don't have to feel like I should have done something equally significant in my life by now.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    andrew is 19

• Options
    I'm trying to remember how I got into it. It's probably at least 30% Campion's fault.

How old is Andrew? I really hope he's older than me so I don't have to feel like I should have done something equally significant in my life by now.

• Options
    I'm in with NaS's buddies by this point and I would say the group average for them is about 21ish?
    But then our niche of the DCstuck community is also pretty chill. The meetups we do tend to deprioritize Homestuck in favor of just chilling.

• Options

Awesome, I've still got 3-4 years to build an MSPA empire. It can still be done! I already have the creativity, all I need now is his vocabulary, his artistic talent and connections, his technical talent and connections, his motivation, and his lack of a full-time office job.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    I'm in with NaS's buddies by this point and I would say the group average for them is about 21ish?
    But then our niche of the DCstuck community is also pretty chill. The meetups we do tend to deprioritize Homestuck in favor of just chilling.

NaS is the creepy homestuck uncle.
    (you can tell him I said that).

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    My ego isn't too threatened by Hussie due to his mindset sorta working differently from most people I know. Most people can't get into the same habit of always working on something constantly. It has the awesome benefit of honing your skills to a mirror sheen. When I'm not a goddam loser I can start doing comparisons in terms of talent.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Awesome, I've still got 3-4 years to build an MSPA empire. It can still be done! I already have the creativity, all I need now is his vocabulary, his artistic talent and connections, his technical talent and connections, his motivation, and his lack of a full-time office job.

you could just write thinly disguised homoerotic fantroll fiction and get picked up by a major book publisher

#50trollsofgay

• Options

NaS is the creepy homestuck uncle.
    (you can tell him I said that).

Yes ma'am, auntie Tynic

• Options
    Rolo wrote: »

you could just write thinly disguised homoerotic fantroll fiction and get picked up by a major book publisher

#50trollsofgay

I'll have to be careful. If I carelessly throw a rainbow drinker into the mix I might get sued by Stephenie Meyer.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

#50trollsofgay

i'm honestly surprised that hasn't happened already with the quadrants. that's a whole "Teens/Young Adult" market goldmine.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    EffefEffef Who said your opinion mattered, Jones? Registered User regular
    tumblr_mb86qaw70S1r4qxzoo1_r4_500.png

tumblr_mb86qaw70S1r4qxzoo2_r2_500.png

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    Ooh that could be handy

• Options
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    for some reason I am dismayed

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    well guys, it's been a good run but now that homestuck is mainstream i'm out

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I can now only read homestuck ironically

• Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    The article itself doesn't seem all that bad. I'm not sure why they always feel compelled to put cosplayers in the header images though.

It's sad that the comic had to make a tremendous amount of money in a short time in order to garner media attention.

This discussion has been closed.