As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[State of Decay] YOSE available now on XBone/PC. $10 off for returning SoD owners!

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    I have no idea what systems are real time and which are in game time. I *think* outposts will provide supplies from the big sacks that are left in containers in them, until those supplies run out. If your food supplies go down in real time, that might be the way to keep them going. I think I have 45 food in my base, and a good 60 supply in outposts, so if it is real time, I'm good on food for 2 weeks. It's would still be annoying if it was real time, but not game ending for me.

Side note: I noticed the leaderboards go up to like 130,000 already.... isn't that a pretty good number of people buying the game for 1 day after release?

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Ok, this game sounds awesome. Is it MS exclusive or just timed exclusive? I would kill for this game ont he Vita, zombie killing on the go!

Regardless, I'll be up picking the 360 version tonight.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Oh, just read MS are publisher. There go my hopes of a Vita version :)

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Don't suppose there's an ETA on a PC version? This game looks totally awesome and I want to play bad.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    Screw it.

Purchasing this tonight.

I have too many games to play, but i want to play this badly and i also want it to do well. So I'll do my bit.

Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    My trouble with the Wilkinson mission had jack all to do with what I brought, it was just bugged all to hell. The zombies couldn't be touched with my fireplace poker which actually has a SPECIFC animation to stab zombies through barricades but it couldn't hit any of them; the contact just didn;t register barricade or no barricade. Yet flailing wildly with my axe I would sometimes clip enough through a wall that I would hit a zombie once but that was about once in 50 swings. The only way to kill the zombies was to let them break a barricade and come through so I could finally hit them with the poker but I couldn't do THAT because the dude helping me easily kept all the barricades up so I had to start pushing him around to get him to stop repairing but when one of the barricades finally went down on one window THE FUCKING ZOMBIES JUST WENT TO THE NEXT ONE rather then come through and eat my tasty African ass.

Anyway, this went on for a good hour before I finally got Fatty to spawn and I couldn't hit him no matter what I tried so I went outside, got stuck clipping in the wall and he one shot killed me; tore me right in half.

very not happy

• Options
    Don't suppose there's an ETA on a PC version? This game looks totally awesome and I want to play bad.

Nope and I don't expect they'll announce one any time soon. I'm assuming a six month deal like what MS does with most of their XBLA games.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Is there anyway to see what the maximum storage capacity of my home base is? I don't want to be scavenging resources only to find out I can't store them.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to see what the maximum storage capacity of my home base is? I don't want to be scavenging resources only to find out I can't store them.

I know there's someplace that shows it but I can't remember off the top of my head.

I THINK it's on the Home tab of your journal on the side?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh, hey a bug. This is why everyone is having survivors go missing all the time:
    The game considers all infections spread randomly across the entire map as "Local", causing panic and forcing your characters to go missing.

It'll be fixed in a patch. In the meantime try to keep infestations to a minimum.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I found a cricket bat!

It's almost broken now though, so I had to store it. I hope it's repaired when I get home. I got so much to do. Working on cleaning up the little town by the church. Outposts are such a godsend for dealing with roaming hordes! Just remember to book it from an outpost if you notice a horde approaching, because the explosions are going to attract every zed in the area to that outpost...

I just wish there was a way to have another survivor follow me whenever I wanted instead of having to wait for a morale mission to show up.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Some other gripes:

Lord the game is ugly. That's me being spoiled by PC graphics for the last year and I absolutely stopped noticing after 30 minutes but ouch. Sometimes it's hard to even see zombies because the graphics are so rough.

CLIPPING OMG

I had a weird problem walking at he beginning of the game. My dude would just stop and then start again over and over. Maybe it was the terrain or something because it didn't happen again but it was odd.

They REALLY need a button press to get on and off ladders. Going up is fine but I think I've only successfully gotten on a ladder to go down twice the whole game. Otherwise I just face plant.

I should be able to kill people in my group that are dicks.

Considering some melee weapons are "broken table leg" they seem stupid rare in my game.

Maya is the most poorly written character I've seen in a long long time. I know she's supposed to be "brusque" but she ends up sociopathic. And then she's supposed to suddenly give a shit about Ed? Please. Unlike Marcus, I'm really looking forward to her getting eaten. If she wasn't one of only 3 usable characters I have I'd run her out to get nom'd.

otherwise yeah best game evar

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Well, at least you can play it. Knowing how bullshit certification is, I am pretty sure I won't be seeing this game for a month or more.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    I think I just looted Ted Nugent's house. Two Glocks and an MP7 in the bathroom.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Some other gripes:

Lord the game is ugly. That's me being spoiled by PC graphics for the last year and I absolutely stopped noticing after 30 minutes but ouch. Sometimes it's hard to even see zombies because the graphics are so rough.

This is why I want to wait for a PC version - at the very least I'm hoping for increased draw distances and anti-aliasing - but it's becoming really difficult. The game sounds so fun. I do not want to wait six months to play it.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    I'm buying it tonight, then if I like it I'll wait for a combination of pc release + steam sale and double dip :)

• Options
    Dashui wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Some other gripes:

This is why I want to wait for a PC version - at the very least I'm hoping for increased draw distances and anti-aliasing - but it's becoming really difficult. The game sounds so fun. I do not want to wait six months to play it.

Again, you wan't even notice it after 20 minutes.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Got this last night based on, well, hype I guess. Only had like 15 minutes to play because ugh work, but I think I'm glad I picked it up. The graphics are awful and the animation and controls feel super jankey. That said I'll let it slide if the game's systems are really as rad as they seem based on what you folks are saying. Definitely looking forward to exploring and then dieing horribly as a result of said exploration.

However, I'm super displeased to be reading about this real world timer chicanery. I can't stand that sort of shit. At least make it optional. What is this, tamagotchi with zombies? Yuck.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    However, I'm super displeased to be reading about this real world timer chicanery. I can't stand that sort of shit. At least make it optional. What is this, tamagotchi with zombies? Yuck.

That would be awesome on it's own but from what I've read the real time stuff affects very very little. I think it's only what gets repaired; not how fast you use up resources.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Well, at least you can play it. Knowing how bullshit certification is, I am pretty sure I won't be seeing this game for a month or more.
    by then at least we might have an idea when the PC version is due

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »

And whether or not it's a Windows 8 game.

The realtime thing is only related to repairs. Can't grab the quote atm, but it was mentioned a page back or so that you also would have to exit the campaign and come back for that upkeep to occur... but I'd imagine that you would have to be playing for a very long time or just happened to start at the threshold of the game's "day" for that to have to happen. IDK.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Do melee weapons perform worse when they show as damaged? Or do they keep hurting zombies as much as usual up until the point the weapons actually break?

And do weapons have different durability and damage ratings or anything like that?

• Options
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Do melee weapons perform worse when they show as damaged? Or do they keep hurting zombies as much as usual up until the point the weapons actually break?

And do weapons have different durability and damage ratings or anything like that?

Pretty sure they do the same up until they break.

I know weapons have a five box rating of something on their description tab but I'm not sure what it means. It just may be their durability score.

Also does anyone know what that #/# thing means on your hud next to the mini map? You can see it in this pic; his is 16/30. Is that ammo in your equipped gun?

State-of-Decay.jpg

• Options
    Viking wrote: »

And whether or not it's a Windows 8 game.

The realtime thing is only related to repairs. Can't grab the quote atm, but it was mentioned a page back or so that you also would have to exit the campaign and come back for that upkeep to occur... but I'd imagine that you would have to be playing for a very long time or just happened to start at the threshold of the game's "day" for that to have to happen. IDK.

It really SHOULD just be in game time but it's hardly a deal breaker for me.

• Options
    Yea, that's your ammo count. it will always show up even when you're swinging your weapon, I've noticed. It confused me for a while then I actually at shot something. Which... was a mistake.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    16 bullets in the gun, 30 more bullets in your backpack, your suppressor has 28 more total shots before it breaks off your gun.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    This game sounds fantastic, but I think I'll wait for the PC version. This, coming from me who hardly ever plays games on the PC, for the sole reason that it sounds like this is the type of game which would greatly benefit from patches and updates.

I don't want to regret buying this on my 360, like I regretted buying Dungeon Defenders (wtf no updates?).

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    You keep in mind that you're clearly just Too Hardcore for the likes of me, and I'll keep in mind that I've been playing games for plenty long enough to a) know when shitty design choices are in play and b) that fun overrides Hardcore.

If people got to that and didn't have an issue, whatever. But objectively? That mission is ass, so I can gladly disregard you telling me how I should be playing the game. Seriously? Getting butthurt because you don't like how someone else is handling the game? Pretty tedious.

You said the mission is impossible without a gun and railed against terrible design without specifics. Clearly it's not.

Having an inability to melee through a barricade? Poor design choice in a game with defense missions.

Having that wilkerson fellow be like fix it felix in how fast he puts up those barricades? Probably not intended to be an issue, considering the big guys knock one plank off of each window when they charge.

The big guys being tough to kill in melee? Not a bad design choice. Ferals are too, I end up running them over most of the time.

Feels like timing issues and pathing being the negative parts of the mission. That's poor implementation, easily patchable.

I never said you played it wrong. I never got 'butthurt' over the way you play your game. You might consider the fact we all have different styles here and coming in with nothing but complaints leaving no options for discourse is tedious

Also for your actual question, resources are taken every 14 hours, just like the workshop repairs.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm just happy I don't expect a spoiler free experience while reading these threads. otherwise... man.

Totally going to that place with all of the grenades that I've found in pantries.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Ok, I'm confused about how the game decides whether or not you can control another survivor. I'm a couple in-game days through, and I've been playing as that first girl you meet a bunch. I just went to switch to her again, and the option isn't there. She's still marked as being a 'friend,' and her location is shown as being at home.

What gives? And what do I need to do to be able to take control of other survivors, just keep doing tasks until they decide they like me enough?

• Options
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Ok, I'm confused about how the game decides whether or not you can control another survivor. I'm a couple in-game days through, and I've been playing as that first girl you meet a bunch. I just went to switch to her again, and the option isn't there. She's still marked as being a 'friend,' and her location is shown as being at home.

What gives? And what do I need to do to be able to take control of other survivors, just keep doing tasks until they decide they like me enough?

You can only control Survivors who you are friends with, if they're not busy, and you're not on a mission (did you get put into a mission accidentally)?

• Options
    Thanks, that's what it was. I must've accidentally walked through a mission area.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Oh crap. I must have done the same thing.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    You can also lose friendship along with the ability to switch by say...setting them on fire.

I said I was sorry. So sensitive. :P

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Lt. Fragg wrote: »
    You can also lose friendship along with the ability to switch by say...setting them on fire.

I hit people with cars to save them from hordes. Apparently they don't mind me running away and leaving them to die though

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »

I hit people with cars to save them from hordes. Apparently they don't mind me running away and leaving them to die though

I did that too. Lady clipped right through the car (intentionally I'm sure) and I smashed the horde.

• Options
    I'm just happy I don't expect a spoiler free experience while reading these threads. otherwise... man.

Totally going to that place with all of the grenades that I've found in pantries.

I don't see any spoilers in here except for that Wilkinson nightmare and you pretty much need some advance warning on that thing.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I speed by the hordes, and then slam it in reverse. Cars last longer that way.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

That's another beef I have, when things get hairy, and you've got a partner, using a molotov is almost a bad idea because the AI partner is all up in the Zed's grill. No way to not hit them with the flames, so I have to deal with their butthurt attitude later *sigh*

• Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    Holy crap I love this game.

Hitting zombies with doors is just the best.

calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif