As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ballot measures, state races, and all that other downticket stuff

1101112131416»

• Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

I don't know why I'm surprised that a goddamn tyrant who took away the right of people he and his legislature find undesirable to self-rule is blatantly disrespecting the will of the electorate, but I am.

Brian Krakow on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    VA GOP clears path for Cuccinelli in 2013.

Dear Virginia,

Don't fuck this up.

<3,
    Hedgie

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Don't get me wrong, big aggro is full of shit heels.

But there are some rather loony people when it comes to GMing crops that could one day save us all.

For one thing, we've been genetically modifying crops via various analog methods since the creation of farming. Hell all modern genetic research is based off of Mendel's work with pea varietals!

Of course you can go too far in the other direction and make a Monsanto brand super crop that dies off after the season is over, purposefully kills competitors crops and weird lawsuits about naturally spreading seed lines but that's on them. The technology is sound and proven and has already lead to a good deal of insurance against mass famine.
    I can agree with most of this, but pretending that shitty Monsanto practices are just a subset of the larger more widespread use of GMOs in general is disingenuous at best. My impression is pretty much the opposite, that large scale ag industry wankery and actual usage of GMOs is nearly synonymous.

Granted, that's the root issue that needs to be fixed, not 'OMG the genetic freak corn will kill us all!!!!!'.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Indeed.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Rick Snyder and pals continue to show contempt for things like "democracy" and "local autonomy", prepare to gut public schools.

• Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    Illinois rejected the "assault weapon's ban". Good for them.

Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Good news from the frozen north: the war on transparency is dealt a severe blow.