As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mac Wi-Fi issues.

GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So, my folks wound up changing their television service provider to bell from rogers today, and part of doing so involved removing our old Bell WIFI router and replacing it with a new one for reasons I neither understand nor care about.

Problem is, this new router seems to be pissing off my Macbook pro since (despite having 15 minutes where it worked fine while the service men were setting up the TV/router system) now seems to be dammed and determined not to work with the new wifi service, either telling me that the password is invalid or that my connection timed out.

Presently, I am sitting about two feet from the router due to the limitations of the ethernet chord I could find, and am also directly in front of the 42 inch flatscreen my dad prefers to watch sports on, so this is a situation that cannot stand for an extended period of time.

Can anyone advise me on how I can fix this problem, since it appears that only my mac is effected by this conundrum?

Gaddez on

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    What kind of router is it?

• Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    I have the same issue - my time capsule died and I changed to a d-link router and my iMac is happy with it but my Macbook Pro is not. It says its connected and says its connected to the interwebs but I can't use any internet stuff (no Safari, no IMs, nothing)

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    What kind of router is it?

It's a big black one from bell. Looks like it's got a logo with "Sagemcom 2864" on the back.

It looks like this:
    $(KGrHqV,!hcE8nLvl6t,BPwTWf)Ne!~~48_35.JPG