As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Possible foot fracture

KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Yeah, I'm already seeing a doctor next week. Just wanted to see if people had experiences with this.

About a a month ago I clumsily missed a step and ending up awkwardly landing on my right food. It hurt like hell for a couple of days but and got really swollen up but after the usual rest, ice, bandaging I was walking fine enough. Some pain still lingered, but I figured that was going to go away.

Well it hasn't. I can walk fine, but I can't run at all (which training for a marathon has been really depressing). The pain is on the right side of the foot, almost by arch and by my pinky toes. So I'm guessing there's a fracture there (Don't think anything is broken as i have full mobility).

Anyone have experience with this? What's the recovery process like?

Kyougu on

• Options
    Reverend_ChaosReverend_Chaos Suit Up! Spokane WARegistered User regular
    You may have broken something. My buddy slipped on som grass and thought he twisted his ankle. It hurt, but he was walking around on it just fine. Turns out he broke his leg in 2 places, and his ankle in 1 spot.

Keep your foot elevated as much as possible, and try not walking on it as much as you can get away with.

“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    uh, a fracture is a break. there is lots of stuff to damage in your feet. Is there swelling or bruising? could just be a sprain, but it could be a fracture. you should stay off of it as much as possible. also, RICE.

honestly, probably all they will do is cast you up, or just stick you in a walking boot. i broke my hand a few years back, i had limited mobility and some pain but it didn't look bad. After seeing the xray, i basically cracked my pinky knuckle in half, and all they could do was surgery or cast, but no guarantees the surgery would actually help anything. i went just cast for a month, and I have full mobility now, and you can barely tell it was broken. if you have insurance, go get an xray and stuff, it is not a good idea to leave your feet to chance, jacked up feet can lead to knee/back issues and all kinds of other crap.

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    Not sure what you mean when you say "almost by arch and by my pinky toes.". I got one of these by having my foot land awkwardly when running. And then rebroke it a year later playing basketball (didn't even land funny, landed square with good footing when coming down with a rebound and heard a click and felt pain and knew what had happened). Recovery was 6-8 weeks in a cast with a recast halfway through, 1st cast was crutches, 2nd was a walking cast. See a doc and get an X-ray.