As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Cartoon Network]'s 20th Anniversary: Nostalgia To The Max

LegendofLinkLegendofLink Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Social Entropy++
There doesn't seem to be a thread discussing this yet, so this seems appropriate.

20 years ago today, Cartoon Network was launched. It has had its ups and downs, but it is certainly a huge part of many of our childhoods. In celebration of this event, Cartoon Network has put out some awesome promotional videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxctv3Un5s&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ToedGaNN65g

And an amazing picture with so many shows in it that I'm being reminded of cartoons that I forgot even existed:

hh1.jpg

Let the nostalgia commence!

LegendofLink on

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Between Foster's replays, Adventure Time's 100th episode, and new season of Regular Show starting with a half-hour episode, today is a perfect day to watch Cartoon Network.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    God did I love SWAT Kats.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Let's hope CN keeps making, you know CARTOONS and not more live action shit. Even if one of them had Andrew WK hosting.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Williams Street was the best thing to happen to this channel.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Good.

Now where are my Dexter's Lab Reruns?

Because FUCK Johnny Test.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Good.

This.

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Is that 20th anniversary image a poster I can buy

It is amazing

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Good.

There was one earlier today.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Good.

And I missed it?

FUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Dexter's Lab and PPG were my favorite cartoons.

• Options
    LegendofLinkLegendofLink Registered User regular
    Is that 20th anniversary image a poster I can buy

It is amazing

I did some poking around, and apparently they were handed out at San Diego Comic Con. You can probably snag one on ebay.

• Options
    Good.

And I missed it?

FUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Dexter's Lab and PPG were my favorite cartoons.

There's a Powerpuff Girls rerun in 9 minutes.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    One of the suckiest things about Canada is that we didn't get Cartoon Network properly during its heyday.

• Options
    Dammit we are never going to see that rated R Dexter's Lab episode and that makes me sad.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I don't really like what happened to the channel in recent years

But Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Space Ghost Coast to Coast/Cartoon Planet...all fantastic stuff

I need to replace my SGC2C DVDs, someone borrowed them in high school and then mysteriously moved to New York, the bastard

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Sweeney are you lying

I just turned on Cartoon Network and there's a timer in the corner counting down to a Regular Show special ugh

I guess timezones and all that

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Sweeney are you lying

I just turned on Cartoon Network and there's a timer in the corner counting down to a Regular Show special ugh

Is Foster's on right now?

If so, up next is a Powerpuff Girls rerun

Two episodes, one of which is the one with MoJeesha

I'm EST so

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I feel privileged to have Samurai Jack DVDs is all I know

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Vow here thinks he's too good for Regular Show

• Options
    Sweeney are you lying

Is Foster's on right now?

If so, up next is a Powerpuff Girls rerun

Two episodes, one of which is the one with MoJeesha

I'm EST so

I don't know what Foster's is, so

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Wooo Sweeney was not lying

Ah that timer was five hours

That's a bit excessive but okay

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Foster's is the cartoon that brought 'pissed off' to stay at home mothers everywhere

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Dammit we are never going to see that rated R Dexter's Lab episode and that makes me sad.

wait what?
    Vow here thinks he's too good for Regular Show

or adventure time

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

wait what?
    The panel for Dexter was with a special guest being Genndy who delighted us with some oncoming specials and such. He then hinted that he also wanted to show us something ‘truly special’ at the end.
    Nearing the end, a girl from CN stood up and announced that everyone under 18 needed to stand up and would be given something special but had to leave. The kids filed out as the adults kind of looked at each other with a big ? over our heads. Genndy kept grinning.
    After all the kids were shooed, Genndy looked at the remaining 20-30 of us and said “We made something special as an inhouse project to show only at CN parties and the like…I loved it soo much you guys are gonna get a treat…Dexter’s Rude Removal”
    The girl then stood in front of us and warned us with bodily harm if she caught any of us taping anything or even remembering hard. She was pretty much imagining it getting out there and torpedoeing CN with lawsuits. “I want you people to know this will NEVER be made public…so count yourself extremely lucky”. Finally Genndy shooed her away.
    Title screen: Dexter’s Rude Removal. Dexter is mooning us and Dee Dee is flipping us the bird. Oh boy!
    Plot: Dexter has decided that rudeness is preventing him from becoming the perfect child and has constructed a ‘Rude Extractor’ to separate his bad mojo. Dee Dee of course shows up at the wrong possible time and wreaks havoc. Dexter manages to tackle her, directly into the Rude Beam…
    Dee Dee and Dexter separate from each other, spawning a evil twin of themselves and knocking out their good halves. Both look at their good selves and immediately begin to curse each other, their surroundings and trash the place. ***k this ***k that…you are a ***king idiot…who the ***k you calling a ***king idiot, you ***king idiot?
    Mom calls “Dexter…Dee Dee….LUNCH!
    “AW ***t…I AM ***kING STARVED!” They tear out of the lab and blunder their way through the house, wrecking stuff and cursing up a blue streak.
    Just within earshot of mom, they stop cursing as they drop into their seat, and start shoveling food noisily with belches and farts. Mom pauses and turns asking how their food is. Dexter belches and exclaims
    “Aw ***king hell mom, this ***t is ***kin great!”
    to which Dee Dee counters
    “Shut the ***k up you ***thead…you can’t ***king curse in front of ***king Mom!”
    and they both begin to literally curse the ***t out of each other. This exchange manages to make Mom faint and they really go at it (Seriously, Dee Dee called Dexter a Skull***king Douchebag one time).
    Eventually, Dexter and DeeDee wake up and manage to trap the cursing twins back in the lab and eradicate them (To the scream of ***k OFF, YOU ***kIN NERD from the evil sides). They leave the lab as Dexter declares that ‘Lucky we got them in time…ah well no harm done’.
    Rounding the corner, they find Mom standing there menancingly with a big bar of soap as she screams “DEXTER AND DEE DEE…GET OVER HERE”. The black circle closes over Dexter as he looks at the audience and goes “Oh ***k!”
    The End
    Needless to say, all of us were in complete hysterics. Both my friend and I were tearing up from laughing so hard. Just hearing Dee Dee’s high pitched voice sailor talking makes it proabably the most wanted cartoon to see.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Sweeney beat me to it. I'm almost 100 percent positive that the Adventure Time crew will do something similiar down the road.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    holy shit

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Regular Show was like that at first, of course.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Sweeney beat me to it. I'm almost 100 percent positive that the Adventure Time crew will do something similiar down the road.

Just picture any episode featuring LSP, and replace "lump" with "fuck" and it'd probably be ten times worse.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y894QNtX0VA

This is what I was getting at re: Regular Show, for the unfamiliar.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    How good is Sym-Bionic Titan? I ask because I wasn't able to catch it the first time it aired and now have a second chance what with it being added to Toonami's lineup.

• Options
    It's pretty good.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I thought it was pretty good

very nice action

the plot did seem to muddle along but they got cancelled halfway through the first season so they didn't really give it time to bloom

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    How good is Sym-Bionic Titan? I ask because I wasn't able to catch it the first time it aired and now have a second chance what with it being added to Toonami's lineup.

it's a giant robot action cartoon made by the guy who made Samurai Jack

it's pretty good

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Although there was this...which was weird
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U008nGT0eww&feature=related

I really liked that show though and its super sad that it ended how it did

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    what happened, or maybe didn't happen to sym-bionic-titan is a travesty

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I really need to get the rest of Foster's on dvd

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    $10 says this devolves into an Anime thread and is prematurely locked

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Ed, Edd, and Eddy forever.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    youtube really shut down all the space ghost knifen around and flipmode clips, i need to find those again.

but there is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1AYM3lgoUI&feature=related

oh dear god a spanish version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZh2CChdqsc&feature=relmfu

Barcardi on