Options

This [chat] is mine

1808182838486»

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Stop peer pressuring inqui man it's not cool.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    people in [chat] will spoil the shit out of it and then mock you for not getting the game earlier though

so there's also that to consider

Its fucking X-Com cant be too many grandioise spoilers

Your highest level squaddie falls in love with an alien mid game.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

Even if I ordered the game now I probably wouldn't have it for like a week anyway. I'd have to import the an English PS3 copy of the game.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    I can't play x-com because my computer is dead.

Also I don't have time or money for it.

It's for the consoles too. If I end up picking up the game I am gonna grab it on the PS3 because my computer can barely run the game.

Ew, console gaming.

• Options
    Bunch of pushers.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    My aunt was seeing a life coach for a bit. Helped her decide to get a new job. Near as I can figure, (and I was way not involved at all with this), they pretty much are therapists without the degree and maybe some acumen in financial stuff.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    people in [chat] will spoil the shit out of it and then mock you for not getting the game earlier though

so there's also that to consider

Its fucking X-Com cant be too many grandioise spoilers

not grandiose ones but individual missions, the endgame, tech tree

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    what you played was like a fifth of the tutorial on the easiest difficulty and pretty much only the squad bit and no base research detection keeping the nations happy etc

you can @ aegeri about it, he had an advance copy and talked about it a fair amount

Yes, it was a bad demo. As previously mentioned, I already have stuff on my gaming plate. I really lose nothing by waiting and seeing how people in chat and in the thread feel about the game over the next week or two. Which is all I ever said.

No, you're saying the game could be junk, but your only information is the demo, when there is much more information available which supports the opposite of what you're saying.

I'm saying the full game could be junk or it could be great. I am going to wait and listen to people I trust (ie, chat) to play the game and tell me how fun going through the actual campaign is. I really don't need this reactionary jump down my throat bullshit for saying that I am going to wait and see on a game I have no immediate rush to buy.

I remember another awesome turn based strategy game. Silent Storm 2. It was set in World War 2, fantastic stuff, awesome mechanics, destroyable terrain, sweet stuff all around. Halfway through the campaign you get mech suits and the game goes to shit. So, no rush for me.

If you want to wait, that's fine. I'm waiting for a sale because I don't want to spend the money, but your posts came off as more judgmental than that, which is why people are rubbed the wrong way.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I can't play x-com because my computer is dead.

Also I don't have time or money for it.

It's for the consoles too. If I end up picking up the game I am gonna grab it on the PS3 because my computer can barely run the game.

Ew, console gaming.

Console gaming is rad foo! I am a little sad that I won't be able to mod my xcom but, the controls felt like they were made with consoles in mind over PCs anyway. So, I am not super concerned if I decide to pick it up.

• Options
    I think the dragon born should be able to side with the dragons.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

Even if I ordered the game now I probably wouldn't have it for like a week anyway. I'd have to import the an English PS3 copy of the game.

You just going to use playasia for your US releases??

• Options
    Oh I get it now. Sarks wants to be rubbed the right way. By inqui.

This discussion has been closed.