As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I got my MBA from [WH40k] Also, Drunkhammer besthammer.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Did they get rid of indirect fire in the previous book, I want to say they did

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    for the defiler? its got a battle cannon, those have not been barrage for a long time, so normal direct fire ordinance.

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    there's also the fact that a battle cannon is balanced a little different when it's backed up by all manner of chaos melee fuckmuppetry than when it's backed up by little squishy loyalists. one shot from a battle cannon can be worth 200 points if it hits the only thing the enemy has with a realistic shot of stopping your plague bikers

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Zuzzy mats have a fething huge lead time on orders. Like months. Thought I'd throw that out there.

J on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    McGibs wrote: »
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with Zuzzy Mats?
    They look super sweet and convenient. My buddy and I are planning on getting a couple shipped over here together so we have some variety in play surfaces

I have one of the city asphalt ones and it's fantastic. Rolls up easily for storage, good detail, and rubberyness kept stuff from sliding around. It was sort of a pain to paint because it's so big. I ended up using a rubber paint roller to hit the texture with a 'basecoat', and then crawled around on the floor for a few days with a big drybrush.

Was it this one? http://www.zuzzy.com/wc-bb-001-terra-flex-gaming-mat.html
    It's looking great even on the unpainted photo, I must say.

EDIT: holy shit, the shipping costs are insane.

Mayday on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Yeah that. It's flat black rubber unpainted, so you can leave lots of it like that. I really just drubrushed the hell out of it to give it some contrast, and a few detail painting like the bricks.
    I don't recall it taking exorbitantly long to get here (like a month or two), but the shipping was pretty hefty.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Hey Bit seller, thanks for clipping my Heavy Bolters off the sprue for me...
    barrel%2520damage.jpg

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Wow holy crap.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    You appear to have a pair of...mauled heavy bolters. You were never sold arms that go with them.

No problem here, move along folks.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    What seller was this.

• Options
    Let me see if they make it right before I say where I ordered them from.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    Tangentially to Ken's predicament I've ordered a lot of bits from Hoard O Bits and their eBay store and I've never had any problems from them whatsoever.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    I've order from about 5 different sellers (including this one) and have never had a problem with any of them. Again, I just emailed the seller yesterday so hopefully it works out with no issues. I posted the picture because I just couldn't believe they did the same thing to both barrels.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    That's my concern, now that every army has something with AP2 for anti-tank, regen with AV12 doesn't seem all that hot
    Not every army =/

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    mugginns wrote: »
    That's my concern, now that every army has something with AP2 for anti-tank, regen with AV12 doesn't seem all that hot
    Not every army =/
    Limed so hard.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    OK, every army that matters.

• Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Fuck you my Tyranids are undefeated in 6e. Even when I let my noob friend use them vs my BT he managed to pull out a win.

If I swap to a double Flyrant build, with the changes to FMC and skyrfire, I feel I might even have a chance against 'Cron Air.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    'Cron Air made me giggle.

• Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Fuck you my Tyranids are undefeated in 6e. Even when I let my noob friend use them vs my BT he managed to pull out a win.
    If I swap to a double Flyrant build, with the changes to FMC and skyrfire, I feel I might even have a chance against 'Cron Air.

I have had great success with Tyranids in 6th Edition. The Flyrant and new psychic powers have made them a force to be reconed with. I have been contemplating the use of dual Flyrants.

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Mang, Deathshroud terminators and their power scythes. An entire unit with an "attack every model in BtB instead of regular attacks" rule and all at S5 and AP2. Hell, the entire legion command structure can have those.
    And the general Legion list has so many bits of wargear long lost to the modern era like suspensors and chameleoline, but also missing novelties like assault cannon. I really want to try the legion list vs the codex list sometime now. So good.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular

I've done really well too but I think that is mostly because people don't understand Tyranids

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular

I've done really well too but I think that is mostly because people don't understand Tyranids

Right? It's like people see nids and think "oh no, here comes some alien menace that just wants to eat me!" Do they ever think about what the Tyranids are going through, though? What they're feeling? Hardly. It's just "fire up the flamers guys". No empathy, no consideration. Just blind prejudice, stopping them from knowing the fragile, tender center hiding behind the chitin: desperate for a connection, but always overlooked.

• Options
    saluksic wrote: »
    Right? It's like people see nids and think "oh no, here comes some alien menace that just wants to eat me!" Do they ever think about what the Tyranids are going through, though? What they're feeling? Hardly. It's just "fire up the flamers guys". No empathy, no consideration. Just blind prejudice, stopping them from knowing the fragile, tender center hiding behind the chitin: desperate for a connection, but always overlooked.

In my defense "fire up the flamers guys." Is pretty much my reaction no matter what army I'm facing.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    saluksic wrote: »
    Altman your stuff is awesome! It's making me want to buy a Land Raider.

Altmann's stuff is awesome. But it just makes me want to buy an Altmann.

Probably cheaper than a Land Raider. :D

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    So it looks like Maelstrom games are going under. How about that. I'm not sure who in the right mind would look at their email that all but says, Hey we are having a sale so we can generate cash buy stock to fulfill our outstanding orders! But christ!

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

One of my friends keeps complaining that my Tyranids are over powered. Whether he's playing Black Templars, Eldar or Dark Eldar, he just can't beat them.

I haven't told him he needs to stop concentrating on killing my bigass units of gaunts that are doing nothing to him and actually try and kill my flyrant, Zoanthropes and Carnifexes that are causing havoc. He might see some more success.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    So the Cataphractii Terminators are up now, pre-order for dispatch November 2nd. So cool, I'm going to have to buy some eventually.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I dislike this new "buy the bodies and then the guns separate!" deal that forgeworld has. It's already expensive as fuck.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    E: nvm about Maelstrom, I didn't read the newest email.

So today out of morbid curiosity I sat down and counted all my assembled and unassembled models (the latter being the crushing majority of course).

33 vehicles and 413 miniatures

help

Mayday on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    I dislike this new "buy the bodies and then the guns separate!" deal that forgeworld has. It's already expensive as fuck.

Yeah, that's a bummer. The weapon packs aren't exactly ideal either. It'd be nice if they came with the combi-bolters, because that's the most consistent part of their equipment.

The Space Marine Heavy Weapons pack is the biggest offender. One of each weapon is the worst way to sell them, especially if all you want is four of one.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I played my first ever tournament this weekend. It was a small casual tourny lots of fluffy armies maybe only a handful of optimized lists out of 30 or so people. It was a lot of fun I had two wins and 2 draws. Won against Chaos marines and vanilla marines. Tied against Eldar and Space Wolves with Imperial Guard allied detachment.

My list was:
    HQ:

Necron Overlord
    Mindshackle scarabs
    Res orb
    Warscythe

Royal Court
    Harbingers of the storm x 2

Troops:

10 x Immortals - Gauss blasters
    10 x Warriors (Overlord with this unit)
    5 x Warriors
    6 x warriors (Harbinger of the storm)

Elites:

5 x Death marks
    5 x Death marks

Fast Attack:

5 x Wraiths (3 with whip coils)

Heavy support:

2 x Annihilation barge
    1 x Monolith

My last game was disappointing because I played against a guy who yelled at me for measuring back of the base to back of the base. Hadn't had any complaints the rest of the tournament but I guess it's a faux pas at tournaments. He said it created an optical illusion for the opponent. I measured front to front for the rest of the game just to avoid conflict. It ruined the game because it was super tense from then on; whereas the other games had been competitive but fun.

Oh well, it was still a good time and I think I will try and get out to more local tournaments.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    I played my first ever tournament this weekend. It was a small casual tourny lots of fluffy armies maybe only a handful of optimized lists out of 30 or so people. It was a lot of fun I had two wins and 2 draws. Won against Chaos marines and vanilla marines. Tied against Eldar and Space Wolves with Imperial Guard allied detachment.

My list was:
    HQ:

Necron Overlord
    Mindshackle scarabs
    Res orb
    Warscythe

Royal Court

Troops:

5 x Warriors

Elites:

5 x Death marks
    5 x Death marks

Fast Attack:

Heavy support:

2 x Annihilation barge
    1 x Monolith

My last game was disappointing because I played against a guy who yelled at me for measuring back of the base to back of the base. Hadn't had any complaints the rest of the tournament but I guess it's a faux pas at tournaments. He said it created an optical illusion for the opponent. I measured front to front for the rest of the game just to avoid conflict. It ruined the game because it was super tense from then on; whereas the other games had been competitive but fun.

Oh well, it was still a good time and I think I will try and get out to more local tournaments.

How did the death marks do for you

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    altmann wrote: »

Yeah, that's a bummer. The weapon packs aren't exactly ideal either. It'd be nice if they came with the combi-bolters, because that's the most consistent part of their equipment.

I wouldn't have an issue with it if it wasn't such a blatant money grab. Tartaros terminators are £36. The cheapest you can get Cataphractii like this is £45, and that's just with combi weapons like the Tartaros terminators. It can't cost them that much more to produce the weapons separately. They could have easily brought the price a bit closer to the Tartaros figs.

• Options
    El Mucho wrote: »

My list was:
    HQ:

Necron Overlord
    Mindshackle scarabs
    Res orb
    Warscythe

Royal Court

Troops:

5 x Warriors

Elites:

5 x Death marks
    5 x Death marks

Fast Attack:

Heavy support:

2 x Annihilation barge
    1 x Monolith

How did the death marks do for you

Really well. Wiped a 5 man terminator squad and librarian the turn they deep striked in my last game. Dice were definitely with me though. Wiped a 10 man chaos marine squad on an objective in my first game that got me a win. Second game I couldn't get them in until turn 4 because of some reserve shenanigans the Space wolf/guard player was doing. And against the Eldar they were my only unit capable of hurting a wraithlord effectively.

For the points they are by far my most effective unit. Lots of Slay the warlord points come from those two units.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I have some leftover points in my upcoming necron force, and deathmarks seem like a good thing to put there.

Sucks about the way that guy reacted, but yeah measuring from the back is generally frowned upon. If you measure back of the base to front of the base, you effectivly get an extra inch or more (not saying that's what you were doing) and you should always measure front-to-front to avoid exactly that sort of thing. If you measure back to back, people will get very suspicious of you, because its so easy to go back to front.

It's a wormy cheater thing to do intentionally.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I can definitely see where back to back can be an issue. I don't watch peoples movement like a hawk and prefer to assume people are playing to have fun so it didn't even occur to me that it would be an issue. I know for the future at least.

Deathmarks are definitely worth their points. I've been considering trying to fit three units of 5 into my lists.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Deathmarks are sweet.
    Put them with a Harbinger of Despair and watch those problem units vanish!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Ugh, still no HH book. I had reservations about ordering from Forgeworld for exactly this reason. I don't have the patience for this.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Picked up my HH book from my local store tonight. Took a quick look through and it's awesome. I don't have time to read through it in detail tonight though. That will have to wait until later in the week.

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Hey Bit seller, thanks for clipping my Heavy Bolters off the sprue for me...
    barrel%2520damage.jpg

Those look like really shitty casts... not standard H. Bolters from a sprue

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!