As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Borderlands 2! Pip pip, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt coming jolly soon!

Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's StockingNorth PoleRegistered User regular
edited December 2012 in Social Entropy++
borderlands-2.png

Welcome back to Pandora, Slab! It's time for Borderlands 2, and that means the bad guys are badder, the loot is more looty, and Claptrap's still a pain in the ass!

AND NOW, THE STARTING LINE-UP FOR YOUR PANDORA VAULT HUNTERS!!!!
borderlands-2-maya.png

At point guard, she's the Sultan of Sirens, the Pharaoh of Phaselock, she'll break your heart and steal your guns, MAYA!

borderlands-2-axton.png

At shooting guard, you can take his money, you can take his pride, you can call him anything you want, but you better not touch his turret! It's AXTON!

borderlands-2-salvador.jpg

At small forward (heh), he may be short, but that just means he can shoot your dick off! El hombre pequeñito con un montón de armas, el es ¡SALVADOR!

118116d1329940763-borderlands-2-zero.jpg

At power forward/a deadly-ass ninja guy/his name is Zer0

b697a1f318a62c332a3bfe9a3c6910a1.jpg

And at center, introducing the newest member of the starting line-up, she doesn't need to shut you down, she's got a giant robot to do it for her! Feel the rage of GAIGE!

For more details on these superstars, feel free to check out their stats here: http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/

HOW TO GET A CHEST WITH GUARANTEED PURPLES (TVHM AND SINGLE-PLAYER ONLY)

1. Go to Claptrap's Place
2. Find the ECHO "Geary's Unbreakable Gear" in the fireplace
3. Travel by foot or vehicle to the Eridium Blight without dying or using fast travel (windshear->southern shelf->three horns divide->three horns valley->dust->blight)
4. Go to the top of Mount Hellsfont
5. You will see a guy named Geary, approach him and let him hit you, he will then jump into the lava. (unequip any spike or nova shields you might be using)
6. Three rakks will fly in with chests, the one in the middle always has purps!
7. Repeat!

As a bonus note Geary also drops a head for each class if you kill him!

Have fun!

xmassig2.gif
Kuribo's Shoe on

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Fuck, the Mechromancer is out already?

I have kinda stopped playing this game

It has become Borderlands 1, in that I will finish it over like a six month span

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Oh, that was rather sudden

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    today meaning the 9th, I do not believe it is up quite yet

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    It only just now occurred to me, that some of scooter's dialogue (such as the bit about spying on you in the bathroom out of friendship) will come across as way creepier when you're playing as Gaige.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Nah Scooter would never creepily hit on an underage girl

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Or a family member

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Histu and I finished this over the weekend, it was good times. I'm looking forwward to jumping into playthrough 2 and/or finish up my first playthroughs on axton and zer0.

The last third of the game we didn't do many sidequests, if any at all. We were both really overpowered going into that but I think it may have been because we both got really lucky with loot drops from about Lynchwood on.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I like how Zero is stabbing that engineer right in the dick

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    ALL WHO BELIEVE SHALL RECLINE IN THE FIREHAWK'S TOASTY BOSOM!

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    so gaige is out today?

that was

fast

• Options
    patch just dropped on 360, she is now available for play

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Interesting.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I'm going to take so long to finish the game with all the characters.

So long.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    this game got way easier when i started playing with a commando instead of a gunzerker

turrets are my friend

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    this game got way easier when i started playing with a commando instead of a gunzerker

turrets are my friend

The turret is civilization.

Especially if you go Gunpowder tree, and get Longbow and Nuke. Nuke never gets old.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    yeah i'm basically taking that tree plus the top two skills in the survival one

because sure your health only regens when your shields are full

but if your recharge time is nil your health is basically always regenerating

and shield recharge is one of the things i buffed with tokens

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Mechromancer still not up on PC. :(

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    wish I had spent my weekend playing this instead of

giving thanks for my family like some kind of chump

stupid family

• Options
    im working solid shifts til saturday then i get an actual factual weekend

but

pokemon b/w 2 comes out on friday

ach, mein free time

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Buttlord wrote: »
    yeah i'm basically taking that tree plus the top two skills in the survival one

because sure your health only regens when your shields are full

but if your recharge time is nil your health is basically always regenerating

and shield recharge is one of the things i buffed with tokens

This is what I'm running with my level 50 Commandbro.
    BL2_Rifle_Gunner_Build.jpg

It's specifically to take advantages of bonuses from the 2 main types of class mods I like. Rifleman and Gunner. The single points in Metal Storm and Onslaught will allow you to take advantage of those kill skills when you get bonuses from the mod, which at higher levels can be 3 to 5 points.

Things like Overload, Steady, Battlefront, Sentry, and Precision I believe are on those mods too.

Basically when you're not trying to pick up badass challenges, you'll be using nothing but assault rifles, launchers, and grenades to fuck shit up. I only carry other weapons for the few times I run out of ammo and can't find a vending machine or enough from looting. If you run with an awesome Gunzerker like @Caulk Bite 6 with the ammo regen for group mod going, you can just mow shit down with suppressive fire.

Hunter on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Got a level 33 Jakob's purple sniper rifle last night

something like 3.8k damage, 98 accuracy

With a full sniper tree zero... that's... that's pain

My opening shots are creeping up to about 100k

Jasconius on
  • Options
    wish I could find a decent Dahl assault rifle

• Options
    Vladoff AR's are way better.

• Options
    whatever, I'm just tired of having to multiclick my jakobs

can't get anywhere near my actual boosted metal storm firing rate with manual clicking

• Options
    The problem with Dahl is the 3 round burst while zoomed in. Sometimes you want to zoom in and hold down the trigger to light shit up.

Torque guns are decent too if you get a 3 or more firing rate and a decent magazine size on them. You just have to lead targets a bit more, and lead Buzzards a lot more.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    oh hey looks like the slaughterhouse glitch is fixed

hurray time to gun down wave after wave of people

• Options
    Ore Chasm is better, if only for Innuendo Bot 5000.

• Options
    i love that one of his idle quotes is just

sex sex sex sex sex sex

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Did they patch the Bee?

Also Gaige is awesome but she is not in the intro which made me sad.
    maybe they'll toss a new one in with the first expansion.

No idea where her echo logs are I'm assuming eridium blight or arid boneyard.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    The problem with Dahl is the 3 round burst while zoomed in. Sometimes you want to zoom in and hold down the trigger to light shit up.

Torque guns are decent too if you get a 3 or more firing rate and a decent magazine size on them. You just have to lead targets a bit more, and lead Buzzards a lot more.

All the best ARs I've found so far have been Torgues. At first the slow bullet flight put me off, but the damage is good and I've just gotten used to them now. Plus, I love how they spin up and just fire hot explosive death after a couple of seconds.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I found a nice purple Dahl assault with 350 damage in Opportunity on my first playthrough

Of course I then found a 650 damage repeater pistol in Lynchwood which lasted me to the end of PT1

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options

All the best ARs I've found so far have been Torgues. At first the slow bullet flight put me off, but the damage is good and I've just gotten used to them now. Plus, I love how they spin up and just fire hot explosive death after a couple of seconds.

My good sir, there are non-spin gun Torque rifles. If you can find one of those with an improved fire rate or a stabilizing effect for accuracy (little handle on front of rifle) you are in for fun times. I also had one with a bayonet which I had fun stabbing dudes to death when they were at a sliver of health after I shot them in the face and chest with explosive bullets.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I have a sick ass Dahl corrosive sniper with a clip of 10 that shoots 6 when zoomed in.

It's a bit silly

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I have a sick ass Dahl corrosive sniper with a clip of 10 that shoots 6 when zoomed in.

It's a bit silly

Magazine

not clip

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular

My good sir, there are non-spin gun Torque rifles. If you can find one of those with an improved fire rate or a stabilizing effect for accuracy (little handle on front of rifle) you are in for fun times. I also had one with a bayonet which I had fun stabbing dudes to death when they were at a sliver of health after I shot them in the face and chest with explosive bullets.

There is a great one the I think was a reward for

Slap Happy

Either that or I just got a lucky drop. No spinup, jut a straight Torgue AR. Something like 585dmg at lvl 23, with I think 5 shots per clip.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Was able to beat my first playthrough and enter true vault hunter mode last night. Gonna hold off on grinding to 50 with axton to play as a mechamancer or put the game down awhile and play x-com for now. Though holy poop does TVHM get tough right from the get go. Played a bit and rushed to get to sanctuary, dying a few times. That'll be a good spot to get back to down the road

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    IF YOU DON'T BUY TORGUE GUNS YOU'RE FUCKIN' RETARDED!

The next time you go shopping for a new gun, ask yourself one question: Are you a man? If you answer in the affirmative, then you're ready for a Torgue. You see, we at Torgue make guns for real men. Tough guys. Badasses. The kind of guys your dad was and you hope to be! Torgue doesn't screw around making lightweight toys and we sure as hell aren't concerned with selling you a stylish accessory like those guys in the hip-huggers over at Maliwan. No. We make them tough, and we make them heavy. It's up to you to make 'em dead. Do it with a Torgue.
    — Torgue sales pitch, Official Borderlands Guide

• Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    Tiny Tina is the worst character in the history of fiction.

xcomsig.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Fallout wrote: »
    Tiny Tina is the worst character in the history of fiction.

why are you saying wrong things

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Togue sucks balls

I'm a maliwan man