Options

Pokémon X gon' give it to ya (WHAT)

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    what the hell did poison types do to you, guy

focus all your hate on a scrub typing, like steel

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Steel is admittedly pretty BS. I guess they were going for a really good defensive typing that was deliberately meh offensively, but you can just use a strong secondary typing for offense and the whole thing kind of falls apart.

Although funnily enough, Steel-types actually managed to become a liability in my Black 2 game. I wound up with a serious shortage of things I could safely put against enemy fire types...it was a relief when I finally had the chance to dump my Lucario for a Mienshao (who is now one of my favorite pokemon of the generation, alongside Joltik/Galvantula and Volcarona). But Magnezone still proceeded to be the shining star of the team until the Elite Four, wherein he was oneshotted by Focus Blast in literally every fight.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    so what happened with eevee news
    was that just a rumor

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    so pokemon xy huh

I have a little bit of an itch to play one of these again, maybe actually try doing endgame stuff for once. Can't decide if I should wait forever and jump in on this upcoming one or pick up BW2, need help.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    that is...
    creepy

• Options
    I feel like I recognize the thing that the face and ears are photoshopped from, but I forget what it's called so I can't look it up.

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    dat frogstache,

looks like water starter it is again.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    so what happened with eevee news
    was that just a rumor

well, they didn't announce anything yet

they have been promoting the eevees a lot recently, so I guess it remains to be seen if that's related or not

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    7166735878_a027a5acbd_b.jpg

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    make a dunsparce evolution that is literally togekiss with a different sprite

find something else to do with togekiss

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    yes

yes I approve of this

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    a new eevee is pretty likely now that gen 6 is confirmed

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    destroy togekiss and destroy anyone who remembers its existence

erase it from history

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ian you look...shyer

less poisonous

did you lose weight

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    lol if you don't think that shyguy is poisonous

i mean look at it

it's purple

• Options
    i sort of assumed it was wearing white and fell in a vat of grape juice

• Options
    give dunsparce a stat boost and flying type

he doesn't even need any new moves

give ledian a huge stat boost and make it bug/fighting

I have no idea what to do with sableye but do something

• Options
    grape juice accident seemed more likely than "purple clothes"

• Options
    it's a thing that happens a lot in the mario universe in my headcanon

• Options
    peaches castle is actually a very famous vineyard!

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Please evolve Pinsir. He is too cool to not have an evolution.

If they give him a baby form I will scream silently into the void.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    also give farfetch'd fighting typing already

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    A shared Herracross and Pinsir evolution would be pretty great

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    also give farfetch'd fighting typing already

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG

Steel please.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    A shared Herracross and Pinsir evolution would be pretty great

I find it more likely they do a baby that evolves into either/or depending on the item used rather than either one evolving into the same mon.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    okay I am liking chespin more now that the chestnut hedgehog thing has been put together for me

and after looking at pictures of oshawott and dewott it only really has vaguely the same body shape as dewott, but I can't shake the vague feeling that it looks too derivative

god I need more news though

between this and gatecrash I am craving spoilers for everything

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    pinsir evolves into a bug/ground antlion themed pokemon
    keeps mold breaker
    high attack/speed
    has a mane

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    since this is the first worldwide release this will also probably be the first game where I don't know all the pokemon months before playing it

that will be neat

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    And with DLC, there's at least a hope that the event Pokemon won't be preprogrammed into the game and revealed immediately.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    After having a whole day at work to think about it, I will revise my earlier pokopinion, and am cautiously optimistic about maybe having a grass starter. I will need evolution information though.

So help me Arceus, if only the first starter evolves into a dual type pokemon this time!

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    -Tal wrote: »
    since this is the first worldwide release this will also probably be the first game where I don't know all the pokemon months before playing it

that will be neat
    Yeah, I had that same thought. Except now I'm worried that there will be something really stupid like Challenge Mode being Black exclusive this gen and we'll all be screwed.

Wyvern on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Fire fox guy looks the best so far, I suppose it depends on how they all evolve and what else is available though.

Also if we're talking about potential new evolutions; a new Mawile would be nice, everytime I look at her I wish she was better.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    Poison is a pretty good defensive typing, isn't it?
    It's resistant to fighting (which is great), grass, and bug (which are meh). Flying is also resistant to all three of those and is immune to ground instead of weak to it (Earthquake being like the most popular physical attack in the game). Granted, flying has a couple of other weaknesses which are worse than psychic these days, but the point is that poison is rarely the best way of achieving resistance to anything and it is by a wide margin the single worst attacking type in the game (one strength, four weaknesses, one immunity; even with STAB dual-type poison pokemon almost never bother).
    The weakness to Stealth Rock is what really keeps poison from being outshined by Flying. Not to mention that there was no such thing as pure flying until last gen, so sometimes you end up with a worse defensive spread.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    So the new region appears to be based off of Paris, that's interesting.

How big is Paris compared to NYC or the Japanese regions? Can the one city make up the whole in-game region, or will they need to borrow some other nearby French geography?

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    a new eevee is pretty likely now that gen 6 is confirmed

Eevee-evolutions-anime-pokemon-9116463-591-700.jpg

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Paris is smaller, but then again they added a giant fucking desert to New York, so I think they'll get creative when they need to.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    A normal Eevee evolution: Eeveeon? I wonder if we will ever see the day of dual type Eeveeolutions.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Normon

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    29bfd4e6bbeeb122e433fe317ebdb42f7f0153f7.jpg__939x820_q85.jpg

thinking about this picture, statue of a trainer with a golurk, eevee, and palpitoad outside a mansion

I see two possibilities

1. it's your rich rival's house and he builds a new statue every time he gets new pokemon to gloat

2. it's YOUR house and the statue is of your older sibling or parent

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.