As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick Photoshop Help

multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
(X-posted from the Art forum as I really need a hand quickly)

I need some quick help in the latest version of PS - I need to give a shape an inner glow, but for some reason this task that was once simple no longer works, and I can't find any tutorials.

I have a capsule shape that I made previously:

16odS.jpg

I want to have the empty inner space surrounded with a white glow. Before in previous versions I would select the space I needed, go to Layer>Layer Style>Inner Glow and make the adjustments I needed to. Now, when I do this, nothing happens visibly. I have to go to Outer Glow instead, which creates a halo outside the shape (which isn't what I want). Does anyone know how to get the desired effect without resorting to hand-painting with different brush opacities (which as you can see looks awful)? It would be really appreciated as I need to have this finished tonight.

multimoog on

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    I can't tell what kind of layer structure you got there, but I made a similar shape and I also couldn't get the inner glow to work. I did manage to make something similar with inner shadow.