Options

Pen and Paper and [chat]

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Cass, can you take a pic (phone maybe?) of the back of your case and post it?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    yeah there are no screws its just a door, i can pry the side off by like a centimeter but then it feels like im gonna break it

Try sliding it? It might slide along tracks inside.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    yeah there are no screws its just a door, i can pry the side off by like a centimeter but then it feels like im gonna break it

Depends on the case. Some slide back and then swing open like a hinge, some just slide off, some more pop off. Sorry I can not be more helpful :(

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    One of the vocab words in the current chapter I am teaching is "Mexican-American"

It takes all of my willpower to not burst out into song every time we get to that word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2K-_2AHYh0

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    overview2.jpg

What a great picture. Where was it taken?
    :mrgreen:

Xanadu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvenQv3o3fM

?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i loved the simpsons as much as anyone

seriously

it was a large part of my life for a very long time

but the show has been unspeakably bad for twice as long as it's been good

i think it's kind of mathematically a bad show at the this point

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Cass, can you take a pic (phone maybe?) of the back of your case and post it?

I just got in the door a bit ago and my phone is really low I'll charge it so I can take pictures I guess

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    For thanksgivings, I only order the most corpulent coprophiliac turkeys

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Lines of code that end like this: ]]))));
    are a special kind of hell.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @Syndalis @Donkey Kong and @Other Apple people: what's my best bet for an iPhone 5 car charger? Is there anything I need to look out for that will cause the phone to explode or anything?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

Does your computer have a brand name and model number?

If yes -> what is that brand name and model number?
    If no -> please take a picture of the front and back of the case and post them both.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

Depends on the case. Some slide back and then swing open like a hinge, some just slide off, some more pop off. Sorry I can not be more helpful :(
    So what you're saying is, it varies on a case-by-case basis?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

some slidey shit or something. I dunno. There's no standard. Fiddle around with it, should become apparent.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

What I am saying is, I know where you sleep at night.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

This is the proper response to puns.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    friends was great

all y'all haters sound like the himym thread

I like Friends more than I like How I Met Your Mother.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    overview2.jpg

What a great picture. Where was it taken?
    :mrgreen:

Xanadu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvenQv3o3fM

?

nay

Tralla_la_%282%29.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

Screws often secured on the back.

Don't force it.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My programming professor told me not to take modern global history. "They might make you write papers. Just take Spanish 1 or something."

:p

• Options
    unscrew everything, is what I do, if I can't figure out how to open it at first. Every visible screw.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I like how I started a Friends chat and I haven't even seen more than a couple episodes. Ross is the gay one, right?

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    also Cass this is your day

8127577.gif

(randomly stumbled across this)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I like how I started a Friends chat and I haven't even seen more than a couple episodes. Ross is the gay one, right?

No, he's the black one.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    @Syndalis @Donkey Kong and @Other Apple people: what's my best bet for an iPhone 5 car charger? Is there anything I need to look out for that will cause the phone to explode or anything?

Something that hooks up to the cigarette lighter and gives you a standard plug or a USB plug should work fine as long as it's not knock-off China shit.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I kind of wish there was some kind of blue collar show exploring homosexuality. Pretty much Brokeback Mountain meets Trailer Park Boys

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

If no -> please take a picture of the front and back of the case and post them both.

it's a dell, on the case it says the model number is 7PB5V71, i don't know if that's what you mean

i am charging my phone to take pictures but the quality of my phone fucking sucks and also it's dark

also the computer is getting progressively louder and fannier on restarts

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

Something that hooks up to the cigarette lighter and gives you a standard plug or a USB plug should work fine as long as it's not knock-off China shit.

This might not trigger fast charge.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that there aren't any reliable Lightning-based accessories yet. Even when there are, this is probably good advice anyway (once there are knockoff Lightning cables for $1 on Monoprice, anyway).

• Options
    huh huh

fanny

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

This is the proper response to puns.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDRBb0apDg

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    I kind of wish there was some kind of blue collar show exploring homosexuality. Pretty much Brokeback Mountain meets Trailer Park Boys

Progressives don't really like shows about blue collar people, and conservatives apparently just watch sports and reality TV.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Fanniosity is the one thing I look for in a woman above all else

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    btw cass, I would agree with above to power the thing down and get some food and chill for a bit first. Sounds like you've had a hell of a day and (speaking from painful experience) you don't want to be stressed or have shakey hands if you need to open the computer up.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »

This might not trigger fast charge.

Well, the other option is to get a charger for an older model and then use the Apple adapter, but I'm not sure if that will work better.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Eddy wrote: »

Progressives don't really like shows about blue collar people, and conservatives apparently just watch sports and reality TV.

Friday Night Lights says that isn't really true. Not that it got good ratings or anything, but yeah.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    Precision WorkStation 670

1 5120P Cord, Power, 125V, 6Feet, SJT..., Unshielded
    1 D4600 Ship, Precision Workstation670, United States, North, AMF
    1 C8509 PROCESSOR..., 80546K, 3.2G, 2M, XEON NOCONA..., 800, N0
    1 Y9655 PRINTED WIRING ASSY..., PLANAR (MOTHERBOARD)..., TUMWATER..., C4, PWS670
    1 C8639 KIT..., Mouse, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS..., 2 Button, OpticalLead Free, LOG
    1 G2196 Dual In-Line Memory Module 1G, 400M, 64X72, 8, 240, 2RX8
    1 U3364 Dual In-Line Memory Module 512, 400M, 64X72, 8, 240, 1RX8
    1 C8509 PROCESSOR..., 80546K, 3.2G, 2M, XEON NOCONA..., 800, N0
    1 H2703 Card, Voltage Regulator Module Controller, 10.1
    1 P8719 Module, Processor, Second, 3.2G 2M, XEON IRWINDALE..., Transformer Metroplex Desktop
    1 N5263 Module, Speaker, Chassis Internal, TRANSFORMER METROPLEX DESKTOP...
    1 RC131 Module, Software, POWERDVD..., 5.5 Precision Workstation
    1 F7885 COMPACT DISK READ WRITE/DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE COMBO..., 48X32, HALF HEIGHT..., HITACHI LG DATA STORAGE..., CHASSIS 2001..., V2
    1 DC164 Kit, Documentation on Floppy Disk, Software, PowerDVD, 5.5 RLOB
    1 J4628 KEYBOARD..., 104, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS..., UNITED STATES..., ENTRY..., LITEON...
    1 R8961 CARD (CIRCUIT)..., GRAPHICS..., 256, FX3400, HEGA12
    1 P4086 MODULE..., CARD (CIRCUIT)..., GRAPHICS..., FX3400, HEGA12
    1 5U692 Floppy Drive, 1.44M, 3.5" FORM FACTOR..., 3MD, NBZ Samsung, CHASSIS 2001...
    1 C6355 ASSEMBLY..., CABLE..., Serial ATA..., TRANSFORMER SKY DIVE MINITOWER..., 2.0
    1 7X415 HARD DRIVE..., 80GB, Serial ATA..., 7.2K, 8MEGB, GENERIC...
    1 JD188 Kit, Software, Overpack WXPPSP2A, Compact Diskette W/documentation, English
    1 T7086 Module, Software, WXPPSP2 Precision Workstation, EnglishNDD, DELL AMERICAS ORGANIZATION...
    1 9N250 MODULE..., GUIDE..., README, CLIENTGOLD

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Feral wrote: »
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

it's a dell, on the case it says the model number is 7PB5V71, i don't know if that's what you mean

i am charging my phone to take pictures but the quality of my phone fucking sucks and also it's dark

also the computer is getting progressively louder and fannier on restarts

That is perfect. One moment.

Edit: never mind, Delmain got it. Check his post for case-opening instructions.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.