As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ALL ASSIGNED] D&D Secret Santa 2012: Being Classy for Beginners and Experts Alike!

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I love that Jake got homework for Christmas, that is kinda awesome*

*in the sense that if it was me I would have been like, welp, there's some math I guess

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I received a macy's package with a lovely oven mitt and towel inside (stock photo from website cause I am lazy, apron wasn't included):

1119683_fpx.tif

Thanks, secret santa! I think it was you anyway, no note was included.

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was in much too much of a rush when leaving the puzzle. Plus, while a math problem for the math major was fine, using the names of Celtics players with the corresponding jersey numbers would have been vastly superior. But I of course didn't think of that till the day after it was sent.

I'll have to step up the game next year.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    there is no redemption

*snaps neck*

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I have no idea if my santee has received their gift or not. They have not said anything one way or the other.

I had it set up so if for some reason the package could not be delivered they would send it back to me, but I don't have it back in my possession.

And this point I am pretty concerned because this has taken way longer than it has taken for my folks to ship me things from the States to Japan.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I made a list.

Please correct errors:

People who posted they received a gift but I couldn't figure out who was their ss

3lwap0
    Calica
    Shalmelo
    kalkino
    Thomalemes

People who have not yet received gift or who have not posted about it

So it goes
    TehSloth
    Y2jake215
    Richy
    Nova_C
    jackisreal

I can't post the rest of the list at the moment cause I'm on my phone

Oops, sorry for not following up - I was santified by @spool32. There was a note along with the initial gift(s) that a third package would be forthcoming, which I haven't seen yet and was waiting for before cataloging everything and showing some more public gratitude.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Will update the table tonight so we have a better idea of where we are at. :)

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I made a list.

Please correct errors:

People who posted they received a gift but I couldn't figure out who was their ss

3lwap0
    Calica
    Shalmelo
    kalkino
    Thomalemes

People who have not yet received gift or who have not posted about it

So it goes
    TehSloth
    Y2jake215
    Richy
    Nova_C
    jackisreal

I can't post the rest of the list at the moment cause I'm on my phone

I can verify that the shipper of my gift was female and from the East Coast.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @So It Goes

I did a pretty piss poor job by you as a Santa and I apologize. There is a secondary gift shipping within a week or so.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Omg I should have known from the name on the package!

:p

• Options
    Updated the spreadsheet; only 6 pairs missing now, and I think half of them are just "not sure who" type posts.

so that's not bad...

persons whose gifts have arrived but haven't ID'd their Santas yet:
    Kalkino
    Thomamelas
    Richy (I know you're away from home, no worries)

No gift receipt post:
    TehSloth
    Nova_C
    jackisreal

Santas whose gifts haven't been ID'd yet:
    Dunadan019
    Forar
    Inquisitor
    jackisreal
    lutra_canadensis
    Mojo_Jojo

Let us know so I can update ze list (don't spoil anyone's gift; I know a number of these are overseas folks, etc--)

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    @Shalmelo I finished The Atrocity Archives and The Concrete Jungle the other day and man it was pretty great. Thanks again!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    DSC03893_zps136626be.jpg

What's this? A box? From the United States? Could it be that 1-trillion-dollar coin I ordered?

DSC03895_zpsb00ec3ca.jpg

Better! It seems to be some kind of gift from a generous santa of a secret nature. What a fortunate santee I am!

DSC03896_zpsda815600.jpg

Within it was a DIY robotic kit for a line-following robot. Great Scott, now I can do science just like a real scientist like that 5-year-old kid on the box!

DSC03897_zps6ae75c02.jpg

But that's not all. There are also games! A brainteaser puzzle, and the Back to the Future card game. Also found inside was a bottle of tasty-looking Norwegian Aquavit, three bottles of truffle (with salt, honey, and carpaccio), and a bottle of Sumac Ground. And... could this be a card?

DSC03898_zps8cedad3b.jpg

Better! Detailed schematics for one your American Sleigh MK3. I'm told many Bothans died to bring me this information. I'm sure I can sell it for a nice profit on the terrorist black markets use it for a wise and noble cause.

DSC03899_zpsc5423fdc.jpg

Seriously though, thank you @dunadan! I've been looking for a new DIY project for a while, so this robotikit comes at a good time. But your timing on the Back to the Future game is uncanny, as I'm nearing completion of the Back to the Future iPad game and I was eyeing this card game online last week! Incidentally, it seems the package got roughed up a little on the way, but you'll be happy to know that, aside from a broken lid on the spice bottle and a little bit of honey leakage, there were no damages.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    eek, hopefully the honey didn't get on anything too much. I'm glad it got to you mostly intact I was worried because it took 10 days in customs alone.

If you look at the inside of the front of the bottle of aquavit you can see which ship it traveled on while crossing the equator. I hope you enjoy everything, Merry late Christmas Happy Early Martin Luther King, Jr. day!

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    eek, hopefully the honey didn't get on anything too much. I'm glad it got to you mostly intact I was worried because it took 10 days in customs alone.

If you look at the inside of the front of the bottle of aquavit you can see which ship it traveled on while crossing the equator. I hope you enjoy everything, Merry late Christmas Happy Early Martin Luther King, Jr. day!

Ha! Yeah, there's a certificate giving the travel history of the bottle there on the back side of the label! I hadn't see it, cool, thanks for pointing it out!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I've played that BttF card game before, it's pretty fun.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    So there are three people left who have not yet posted about receiving anything. With five days left, is it impolite to request confirmation that we should be checking? Or looking to find a misplaced package?

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    So there are three people left who have not yet posted about receiving anything. With five days left, is it impolite to request confirmation that we should be checking? Or looking to find a misplaced package?
    Five days left before what?

sig.gif
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I believe the 20th was mentioned as a hard deadline.

Edit: Yeah, the OP says that'd be when silence gets referred to the mods.

I would suggest it is also a good date to start organizing something for those who got screwed over.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    I don't know off-hand what the numbers were in previous years, or what percentage of santas/santees were deadbeats.

But 3 seems like a high number. I mean, I think of this community as generally pretty forward and close. And of that selection, people who would sign up for a secret santa, even over the anonymous internet... I guess I thought it would just be one or two... maybe none.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't know off-hand what the numbers were in previous years, or what percentage of santas/santees were deadbeats.

But 3 seems like a high number. I mean, I think of this community as generally pretty forward and close. And of that selection, people who would sign up for a secret santa, even over the anonymous internet... I guess I thought it would just be one or two... maybe none.

3 is pretty good actually

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    And it may lower yet! I've received a notice that I have a package being held by USPS from an unrecognized sender! Hopefully I'll be able to swing by on my way to work tommorow to pick it up and let you all know by the evening.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    Oh, well good then!

Like I said, I don't know what it had been in the past.

• Options
    Hmm.....looking back last year was zero but one gift was super delayed. Year before looks like a couple late ones but I can't tell if the last couple gifts showed up.

Still, we had no where to go but down after last year.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Yessss, package acquired although I probably won't be able to open it till this evening, possibly lunch time.

Hmm, what are all these arcane markings on the box?
    ScLbH.jpg

my reaction:
    jR5lw.jpg

Edit: A quick but slightly educated guess leads me to believe that @Inquisitor has bestowed upon me wondrous gifts from the far east. Pretty sure @ doesn't work in edits, but whatever, proper notification and thanks will be bestowed once I have further explored the contents!

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yessssss thank god it has finally shown up!

I seriously have been checking this thread everyday, hoping to see you got it. Every notification I got I was hoping it was from you.

I hope you like it!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    So something to note: @jackisreal hasn't posted anything since December 4th and been inactive since December 11th. Entirely possible he wasn't shafted.

Looking at the list of Santa's not identified with this in mind leads to a depressing conclusion, @Nova_C may well be jackisreal's Santee and Nova has likely has been shafted. Jackisreal also appears to be where the chain breaks in SE++'s secret santa.

@Father Christmas can we confirm Nova's Santa's identity so we can dispatch elite gift replacement ninja squads to save Christmas?

Good News: Only 1 failure isn't bad at all.
    Bad News: Nova_C has had Christmas ruined!

• Options
    Oh, ruined is such a strong word.

But there is something going on with shipping, so I wouldn't get too out of sorts yet. I'm still waiting on a package sent in early December. I wonder what's going on.

• Options
    I had forgotten you live in an amazingly isolated spot.

An early December ship date would work with the timeline of jackisreal's disappearance.

I, for one, would like to see you don't slip through the cracks in this. When do you think you would know one way or the other if the package is going to reach your frosty abode?

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I had forgotten you live in an amazingly isolated spot.

An early December ship date would work with the timeline of jackisreal's disappearance.

I, for one, would like to see you don't slip through the cracks in this. When do you think you would know one way or the other if the package is going to reach your frosty abode?

Good question.

Usually, I'd have the packages. Reaper Miniatures is reshipping a package to me that never actually left Texas, and it's been picked up by USPS today. Amazon shipped me stuff on Monday. I think once any of those arrive, it's safe to say. If someone came on and provided a tracking number or something to confirm shipment, that's one thing, but there's been no word at all.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Father ChristmasFather Christmas Registered User regular
    Hi everyone. Sorry for my extended absence and possibly not relaying stuff onto Santees from Santas. I think my Secret Identity could be discerned if I explained that I was incapacitated for a while last month and it took me a while to catch up.

First of all I think it's appropriate at this stage to confirm that @jackisreal is Nova_C's Santa. I can also divulge that the only communication I have from him is his initial signup PM. I have sent him a strongly worded PM asking to explain what's going on. The Mods are included in this message, so they'll know if and when action should be taken.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    For what it's worth, jackisreal is in our D&D fantasy bball league and has adjusted his roster as recently as Jan. 10, according to Yahoo!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Nova_C has been shafted?!

THIS WILL NOT STAND!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    After what must've been a very extensive interview with customs agents, my gift from @Inquisitor has reached it's new home, bringing me a taste of Glorious Nippon!
    yav7J.jpg

A takoyaki grill and various takoyaki related accesories! An awesome measuring cup with a handle, sauce dispenser, oil brush, boat plate thingies and picks for gettin' my takoyakon
    gWRVx.jpg

So Kawaii! So Desu!

I also got an awesome figure from da bes JRPG series to keep me company on my desk
    REBld.jpg

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I hope you enjoy it! Let me know how your first batch turns out whenever you get around to making it. :)

(there should be a letter with a recipe in there, btw)

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I hope you enjoy it! Let me know how your first batch turns out whenever you get around to making it. :)

(there should be a letter with a recipe in there, btw)

Yup, also, best instructional video ever, thanks for the recommendation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHDmVhShE80

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Nova_C has been shafted?!

THIS WILL NOT STAND!
    Agreed.

sig.gif
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Is

Is that a cutethulu grill

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @Inquisitor that stuff is awesome.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    dude quizzy that takoyaki grill is baller

octopusballer

poo