As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

pm trouble

The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
Yeah, I ran a search. Nothing seems to cover this.

It seems like a lot of pm's are going missing. At least half of my messages don't get through, and I know a few haven't reached me. That's led to a few people assuming that I'm ignoring them, which makes me sad.

Is there a specific problem with the pm part of the forum right now? Should I just switch to email? This has been going on for a while now.

Interestingly enough, pm's to people in Australia don't seem to go AWOL, while messages to people O/S do. I have no idea how this system works though, so that may be totally irrelevant..

Thanks

tmsig.jpg
The Cat on

• Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2004
    Have you emptied your Pm box? There is a maximum capacity, beyond which PMs will be deleted AFAIK instead of delivered. You need to clear out the old trash once in a while to make room for new trash...

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited July 2004
    I've never let it get higher than around 85%.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2004
    No PMs I have sent have made it through in a while. Not even to my... uh... "friends" accounts. Yeah, friends.

TDL on
    Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    Your going to have to give me some specifics. This is the first I have heard of it.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited July 2004
    I had a busy day with PMs yesterday, the sum of my sent and received was probably about 40 or 50. And AFAIK every one of them went through.

Are your messages that you send appearing in neither your Outbox nor your Sentbox?

Ramius on
  • Options
    edited July 2004
    Ramius wrote:
    I had a busy day with PMs yesterday, the sum of my sent and received was probably about 40 or 50. And AFAIK every one of them went through.

Are your messages that you send appearing in neither your Outbox nor your Sentbox?

I experimented with my, er, alts. They appear in my out box. Then my sent box. But they never get to the other account. My alt was at 0% storage.

And I have sent two PMs to Alpha, and as far as I know, he got neither.

TDL on
  • Options
    edited July 2004
    Mine appear in my sentbox, but don't seem to get through. My outbox is empty, I assume that means that they actually have been sent, and just got lost somewhere. Confusing.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2004
    I PMed Bone Daddy yesterday and he got it quick.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Johnny SmashJohnny Smash Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2004
    Actually I PMed someone about a week ago and they said they didn't get it, when I had clearly seen it in my outbox and then in my sentbox. I had to resend it

Johnny Smash on
    cFhq9lX.jpg
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    Ramius wrote:

I experimented with my, er, alts. They appear in my out box. Then my sent box. But they never get to the other account. My alt was at 0% storage.

And I have sent two PMs to Alpha, and as far as I know, he got neither.
    I got them I just haven't responded to a PM from a non-staff member since the bungie thing. I've read them all, I just am triaging things I need to do. I have a life outside of the forums that occasionally whisks me away. Anyway, the PM issue is bothering me because I have been hearing a lot about it from a bunch of people. This also coincides with a bunch of other things not working right.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited July 2004
    Oh, that's cool. I can deal with you not doing it, I just thought you hadn't got it.

TDL on