As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rain-Slick 3 Free DLC & the iOS, Android, and Mac ports coming out this Thursday!

RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Penny Arcade Games
Fun announcement time!

On Thursday, October 25th, the second major piece of free DLC for Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 will be released! Entitled “The Lair Of The Seamstress” this DLC adds a new bonus dungeon filled with some of the hardest boss battles in the game. To access this new dungeon, go to the top floor of the Class Shrine when all of your classes are LV40 or higher. The free DLC also includes a new costume pack for our heroes – Zombies! Now, Gabe, Tycho, and Moira can eat brains with the best of them! The update will come to both the PC & XBox Live Indie Game versions at the same time (the XBLIG update has already passed peer review so no worries there).

Thursday, October 25th, will also mark the release of the iPhone/iPad, Android, and Mac versions of Rain-Slick 3! The mobile versions are great with Tmuch better touch controls this time around than they were with the Cthulhu Saves the World port. And I’ve mentioned this before but it’s worth mentioning again – any purchase of the game on Steam gets you both the PC version & the Mac version; there’s no need to buy the two versions separately. Oh and of course, the new ports of the game will include the Lair of the Seamstress DLC right from the start.

The final (and biggest) piece of free DLC for Rain-Slick 3 is currently scheduled for December release. And the conclusion to the On Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness series, Rain-Slick 4, should be coming out sometime early in 2013.

RainbowDespair on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Heh, someone in the PAX IRC was just asking about this very topic this morning, funny that we got an update same-day. Looking forward to it!

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Whew! Can't wait! Then again, I can't beat the final boss in the colliseum, so I have no business with this stuff. lol

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I consider this to be an early Christmas present. :)

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Thursday, October 25th, will also mark the release of the iPhone/iPad, Android, and Mac versions of Rain-Slick 3! The mobile versions are great with Tmuch better touch controls this time around than they were with the Cthulhu Saves the World port. And I’ve mentioned this before but it’s worth mentioning again – any purchase of the game on Steam gets you both the PC version & the Mac version; there’s no need to buy the two versions separately. Oh and of course, the new ports of the game will include the Lair of the Seamstress DLC right from the start.

The final (and biggest) piece of free DLC for Rain-Slick 3 is currently scheduled for December release. And the conclusion to the On Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness series, Rain-Slick 4, should be coming out sometime early in 2013.

And then onward to PS Mobile!

I can dream, right!? :winky:

astronautcowboy3 on
    The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    MacAnatomistMacAnatomist VicenzaRegistered User regular
    First of all, forgive my english (I'm italian).
    Then, I love you all.
    BUT.
    I paid my RS3 Mac version months ago on Steam and now it went out first on Applestore? Love is suffering but I feel lightly dissapointed.
    Tell Valve to upload my game, please!
    <3

• Options
    Game VyseGame Vyse Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    i think the last fight was the 2nd hardest I had, the coliseum boss was way harder then this.

But i do have to say, it was hard at 1st but a good night of sleep and a makeshift plan later and it went down about 180% power of so on 1st fight of the day.

Game Vyse on
  • Options
    DC15DC15 Registered User new member
    edited October 2012
    I have to ask, did you guys forget to
    balance this content around Molotovs and Nihilators?
    Because it turned almost every encounter into an insta-kill curb stomp. It makes the content by far the easiest in the entire game, not the hardest.

DC15 on
  • Options
    Game VyseGame Vyse Registered User regular
    I have to say, DC15 is a bit right... it did speed me pass the mob groups with them.

• Options
    DC15 wrote: »
    I have to ask, did you guys forget to
    balance this content around Molotovs and Nihilators?
    Because it turned almost every encounter into an insta-kill curb stomp. It makes the content by far the easiest in the entire game, not the hardest.

Nah, I left that in for people who just wanted to get to the boss fights quickly.

• Options
    AskerothAskeroth Registered User regular
    That was fun. Thanks. I had more trouble fighting the Apocalypt than I did the final boss, as he kept doing an attack that killed me instantly. I believe the final boss had an attack like that as well, but at that point, I had re-unlocked the ability that let me survive one death and I just healed my party and kept on trucking. I know this game encourages you to switch up classes and find what's best for certain fights, but I preferred just sticking with something I like. I think my party did alright.

• Options
    MacAnatomistMacAnatomist VicenzaRegistered User regular
    Steam version for mac is still missing: does someone know a date release?
    Mid-november? Xmas? Never?
    This sh*t is embarassing.

• Options
    The page hasn't been updated yet, but I believe the Mac Steam version is now live.