Options

Cyberpunk 2077 - It Can't Get Darker Than Night City, Right?

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    m!ttens wrote: »
    That was so good! I don't even know what my favorite part was! Definitely going to have to watch this again this evening.

For all who missed it

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/302423092?t=09h00m26s

Time index 09:00:26

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Friendly tip to other game studios, make damn sure your game doesn't release within a month of whatever Cyberpunk 2077's release date is.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY EDDIES

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Friendly tip to other game studios, make damn sure your game doesn't release within a month of whatever Cyberpunk 2077's release date is.

Good advice for CDPR games in general here.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Hands-down the best cyberpunk material I've seen in a game. They've got everything covered, from lingo to music to tech.

This might finally unseat the original Deus Ex as my go-to for cyberpunk.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    HYPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Will 'Jesus christ my legs' be the new 'arrow in the knee'?

chromdom on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I'm pumped to watch this footage tonight.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I watched it on a phone, excited to take another look at it on a bigger screen and in better quality.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Someone needs to get on to making Cyberpunk 2077 into a TV series ala the new Witcher show.

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    I hate all of you because I'm now ultra hyped and it'll be another few hours until I get home and can watch this.

The suffering!

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    I hate all of you because I'm now ultra hyped and it'll be another few hours until I get home and can watch this.

The suffering!

On the upside, it's nearly an hour of solid gold so you'll want to be able to view it at leisure anyway.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I watched most of the stream at work, but it was minimized and I had no sound.

It should say something that even with that resolution and no sound, I could tell how fucking gorgeous this game looked and how much I want it now.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I'm just amazed at all the little things. Like in the mod shop, where your eye is outside your body, and then the doc puts it in, or all of the little NPC interactions.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

EA is gonna be like 'lets release Titanfall 3 when cyberpunk comes out! That'll show fans that we truly support our studios!'

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    I'm just amazed at all the little things. Like in the mod shop, where your eye is outside your body, and then the doc puts it in, or all of the little NPC interactions.

Yeah, the detail level is truly insane. All the random people look like actual random people, not just a couple of the same NPC models with a few varying wardrobe options. The dash display for the car (and the car itself) is like something ripped straight out the finest 80s cyberpunk. The fixer in the car (who looks and sounds awesome) is watching the same boxing match as the ripper doc.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

he says "my legs" after his head is gone

where can I buy that mod

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    This game looks fucking good.

I was avfacing the whole time.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I feel like a lot of us are going to be building new rigs in... /squints at gameplay footage, cross-checks with Twitter ... probably 2 years.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    They keep saying the game is playable from start to finish at this stage. Whether that means it still has some game-crashing bugs or some stuff to iron out is unclear, but I feel like you don't put out a statement like that without coming up to a launch date.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    They keep saying the game is playable from start to finish at this stage. Whether that means it still has some game-crashing bugs or some stuff to iron out is unclear, but I feel like you don't put out a statement like that without coming up to a launch date.

Witcher 3 was fully playable 1.5 years before it actually launched.

There can still be a whole lot of work to do even after that point.

• Options
    2 years it is!

• Options
    edited August 2018

They clarified somewhere that this means that the story is playable from start to finish. They still have some mechanical aspects to work out, there's some places still missing assets or using placeholder assets (eg, "generic mannequin & Microsoft Sam VO; featureless grey cubes") and things they're considering changing.

When I say 2 years, that's me speaking from a perspective of "Something will always go wrong or catch fire on ANY production timeline for ANYTHING this big with this many moving parts." Not just video games, like... any fuckoff hueg project.

Remember: "playable" doesn't mean "good" or "finished." It means "Well, you can more or less get through the whole thing."

**EDIT** And to me what that means is, you can play through all the quests, but some of them may have stuff like... you can do the branching dialogue chains, but the animations might not be fully in place. Or maybe there's a big fat [UMMM INSERT COMBAT OR PUZZLE SEQUENCE HERE???].

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I feel like a lot of us are going to be building new rigs in... /squints at gameplay footage, cross-checks with Twitter ... probably 2 years.

I am squeezing as much as I can out of my 2600K build from 2011 for this exact reason.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Jackie seems like a cool guy. I can't wait to fuck his shit up when he inevitably betrays us

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »

where can I buy that mod

Hip-mouth. A mouth for your hip. 900 credits.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Obviously a bug, but it's pretty common in cyberpunk for cyborgs to move their brains to their torso with extra armor plating and such.

Which also leads to the disconcerting image of blowing someone's head off, and having them still be able to fight back.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Jackie seems like a cool guy. I can't wait to fuck his shit up when he inevitably betrays us

Nah, he's clearly the happy punk who has to die to show we're in the big leagues and no one fucks around.
    Syngyne wrote: »

where can I buy that mod

Hip-mouth. A mouth for your hip. 900 credits.

2020 has a few things that reposition where body parts are and has some voice box options but I don't think this particular oddity ever showed up.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    (Removed, misread something, CARRY ON.)

(My legs!!!)

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Whole E3 demo is shown and narrated in a video on Youtube now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Obviously a bug, but it's pretty common in cyberpunk for cyborgs to move their brains to their torso with extra armor plating and such.

Which also leads to the disconcerting image of blowing someone's head off, and having them still be able to fight back.

Real-world analog - humanoid robots now generally need their brains elsewhere in the body because the actuators, motors etc. to drive all their facial features take up so much space in the head (like, all of it).

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    So this will be out in 2020

Nice

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    5g network means my brain is in fort Knox remotely controlling my body.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So, uh, hype? Gods dammit, I'm shelling out for a 2xxx Nvidia GPU, aren't I?

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    i know this is a curated video, but this is what the new deus ex's should have been.

im fucking pumped for this gams.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I was mostly fine with the new Deus Ex entries, but HR had a shit ending and MD reeked of studio fuckery.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I was mostly fine with the new Deus Ex entries, but HR had a shit ending and MD reeked of studio fuckery.

If this goes the way CDPR handles Witcher 3, there won't be a ton of ways that your actions will affect the ending, but they will affect the entire world that you play in. Judging from how the street cred system works, I'm going to guess it affects the type of gear you can get, along with the type of help you can get when working end game.

Regardless there will probably be scenes during the credits where you see how your actions affected the city in the long run.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular

EA is gonna be like 'lets release Titanfall 3 when cyberpunk comes out! That'll show fans that we truly support our studios!'

No, they're going to be all; "SINGLE PLAYER GAMES DON'T SELL WELL! Here's Dead Space Battle Royal with zero single player cause that's the fucking hot shit right now!". And then they'll stick Titanfall 3 in there to ensure the huge sales.

Anyway, anyone else thinking of the gameplay possibilities? 100% Stealth Minimal Cybernetic!