As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Go to new thread

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What is the brawler's guild?

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    New content in 5.1 for the wow gold rich and their chosen friends. Plebes need not apply.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    brief synopsis: it's a faction that allows players to fight random elites in a specific area for rewards and reputation. You get a little gold and there's yet another set of items locked behind the rep. People have been asking for "proving grounds" for perspective raiders (you can watch them during the fight), and this is in that vein. Some of the fights are challenging, supposedly.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Also, probably balanced for blood DKs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Finally able to hand in my Serpent Deck for the astoundingly awesome Relic of Yu'lon.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    If Brawler's Guild keeps this 1-at-a-time stuff, just imagine the crowds that'll build up there before a restart...

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Great, now I'm stuck with the mental image of Gandalf standing outside the entrance to the Brawler's Guild. "YOU. SHALL. NOT. PASS."

Also something tells me if they do decide to keep with the invite-only thing, that whoever actually wins the invitation is just going to hoard it for themselves. As in, not pass out invites to other people.

I was a bit iffy with the whole one-at-a-time queuing system. But now with the invite system, it kind of kills any excitement I had for Brawler's Guild. I can only hope it doesn't make it to Live Servers like this.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I have to assume you're gonna need to be a certain rep to send Brawler invites too.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Gates gates and more gates.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    The Brawler's Guild sounds like a combination of every complaint they've received about Pandaria.

Like if they shoved CRZ into it too, it would be the perfect storm of terribleness. It's a cool concept too, which just makes it sadder.

Invisible on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I bet there will be an invite on the Black Market every day, it's not like there's going to be one on patch day and then never again. That coupled with the hope that whoever gets in gets infinite invites means that it's not really that bad. Of course this is being hopeful, if neither of those two things are true then it will be super terrible.

• Options
    Blizzard hoping that players won't be terrible/greedy? Betting on the wrong horse there!

• Options
    Your optimism is cute. I'm waiting for word that just having the opportunity to bid on the item will require a daily quest rep grind.

• Options
    On the PTR there are 10 in the BMAH right now, they started at 10k each.

This doesn't say whether or not they will do this many for Live but the price alone tells me "nope" because people are going to be selling these invites for stupid amounts of money, and the fact that they have a Realm First! for this is just adding insult to injury.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Am I literally forced to sit in a time zone two hours behind? Is there SERIOUSLY no way to keep zoning into Mulgore to get another time zone?

What moron thought splitting time zones was even a remotely good idea?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The rumors I've been hearing is that they're gearing up to just sync everything to PST, but still have your server clock be your local timezone. In other words, for people on EST, stuff like daily quests will reset at 7 AM, crops at 3 AM, and similar shit.

Sounds like a better way to deal with this nonsense. Though I can imagine some EST'ers might get a bit peeved.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I'm still pissed they have not brought back fishing tournaments yet, still sitting on that for my achievement and after they dropped the ball hard with CRZ and those tournaments I don't expect to see them anytime soon.

• Options
    I've had to adjust to PST for years, so not really an issue for me. This CRZ timezone shit is just one of those things that any dolt could have seen as being an issue LONG before implementation. Makes me wonder what kind of insular groupthink is going on when it comes to features like this.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Everyone is saying we are beta testing CRZ for Titan, and if it is a spaceship MMO (as evidence points to) then I could easily see that.

The selling point could very well be "One big universe."

• Options
    I think the Booty Bay one is being worked on so that the first 3 people win. I'm not familiar with the contest, but I'm not sure how that helps people in different time zones. If I'm two hours behind Booty Bay, by the time I think the contest starts wouldn't the contest already be over even with 3 winners?

• Options
    The fishing contests were suspended until they unfuck the system.

Again: literally no foresight here. It's incredible how sloppy they were to rush out a system that nobody really wanted.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    the brawler guild invite thing is actually pretty cool thematically

in practice though, it's a horrible idea because of the reality of people/the game

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    the brawler guild invite thing is actually pretty cool thematically

in practice though, it's a horrible idea because of the reality of people/the game

It's ironic that optimism in MMO design can very well be one of the worst things ever. Always assume your playerbase is a pack of filthy jackals waiting for something to abuse. You'll rarely be wrong.

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Do we know anything new about the warlock-specific stuff in 5.1?

I'm still kind of bored with my 90 warlock at the moment and would rather play my Shaman (currently Elemental)... or my new Death Knight... etc. BUT I get the feeling the Warlock stuff is leading the way to a legendary weapon or something, which I've never had the opportunity to even try to own.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Your avatar is going to give someone a fucking seizure.

I'm not sure how much of the warlock stuff has actually been datamined out and/or is even in the files yet. I haven't seen much of it yet, we're just starting to get stuff from a lot of the other events now.

The Wrynn sound files were...enlightening. Some interesting stuff coming down the pipes, lore wise.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Do we know anything new about the warlock-specific stuff in 5.1?

I'm still kind of bored with my 90 warlock at the moment and would rather play my Shaman (currently Elemental)... or my new Death Knight... etc. BUT I get the feeling the Warlock stuff is leading the way to a legendary weapon or something, which I've never had the opportunity to even try to own.
    There is a warlock-only scenario which supposedly will result in unlocking the long-demanded green fire spells. There's also a 489 ring that was datamined that is likely awarded from the same scenario.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I'm not interested in the Brawler's Guild, so I don't care about the invitation stuff. It's easily the most boring and useless feature of MoP for me. Probably because my favorite role is healer, so 1vs1 fights just don't appeal to me at all. I also always disliked duels, I think I never fought a "real" duel in my entire WoW "career".

• Options
    It's not duels. You fight against a random mob.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    But it's still 1vs1. It's basically duels against a scripted opponent. That makes it even worse. It's either horribly unbalanced or it's pure dance. I get that somebodye can like it, it's just not for me.

• Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    Just found out that Inscription can only make 1 Darkmoon card a day ... what a crock of shit. Instead of getting my friend to help me build a deck now, I'm going to have to go begging around to other inscriptionists on the server, assuming they aren't already using it everyday...

• Options
    Some of the cool downs are kind of dumb. Living steel, fine. But why is learning glyphs cool down worthy?
    Transmutations also share a lot of cool downs for some reason. Using the living steel transmutation puts a bunch of older transmutes on cool down as well.

The material cost for darkmoon cards should be enough to keep it low. I easily ground up enough herbs to get over 200 inks and only end up with 17 of the rare. If traded in the other inks I'd only end up with 37-40 rare inks which is only enough for 3-4 cards. I guess conceivably someone could just keep going until they get what they want but the time and effort involved coupled with random chance still seems like a sufficient deterrent.

• Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    I like the part where I level a second char to 90 and then find myself sitting in the Golden Lotus zone just staring at the screen blankly because I don't have the capacity to do the bullshit rep grind all over again. This game is fun.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I'd just skip it a second time, none of the rewards are worth doing it once if you don't want to, let alone twice.

I think everyone just feels compelled to fill every bar because of the last expansions where you had to.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I just got Exalted with the Golden Lotus, and you can't imagine how liberating it feels.

I sure wouldn't want to have to do it over again. Barf.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So, most mounts are account-wide. I assume the mount from Alani is, too. So why not make the shards BoA? I'd hate to have 2nd character collecting shards and wide up with 10 total, but unable to use them.

• Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    I'd just skip it a second time, none of the rewards are worth doing it once if you don't want to, let alone twice.

I think everyone just feels compelled to fill every bar because of the last expansions where you had to.

I'd like to have something to spend my valor points on.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    FightTest wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »

I'd like to have something to spend my valor points on.

Wait, you mean there's a problem with putting two reps behind another rep and having those 3 reps being the main source of using a currency that everything you do awards you, and you get a bonus for on alts after you cap it on a main?

I am shocked.

I mean, there's no way Blizzard could have seen this problem.

None.

Good thing the VP rewards in 5.1 aren't behind a rep grind too.

Oh wait.

EDIT: It sure is a good thing they removed head enchants so that people didn't feel like they had to grind reps. That was so helpful!

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    So, most mounts are account-wide. I assume the mount from Alani is, too. So why not make the shards BoA? I'd hate to have 2nd character collecting shards and wide up with 10 total, but unable to use them.

The mount you get IS account-wide, but are you ready for this?
    It requires The August Celestials - Exalted AND Cloud Serpent Riding.

Yeah. That just happened.

• Options
    I've been losing will to play a lot lately. I've more or less only logged in to farm the past week and that's about it. It's actually killing my desire to play any games, because in the back of my mind, even though I don't want to do them, the dailies I haven't done are just there annoying the shit out of me.

I've gone inactive on various occasions, but I haven't been unsubbed since a short stint of 'quitting' in TBC.

Maybe I just need to take a few weeks off. A similar thing happened early in Cata. I played a bunch for a month or two after launch then bam had zero desire to play. Took like..uh...like 6 months off (was still subbed) then was fully back in the rest of the xpack.

• Options
    Yeah that's what I am doing. Letting my sub drop for a bit and i'll come back in a few months, see what is going on.
    I am ready to cut WoW off though. Seven years now and I think it's just time I moved onto something else. I need a change in my MMO. CoH news has got me playing a bit of Champions Online - it isn't TERRIBLE by any means, the fighting feels clunky but it's some "pew pew" right now.

This discussion has been closed.