As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] Ring in the new year with fighting games. Merry Fightmas!

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I will record a set with Diluvian later this week. it's actually harder to do it in person because we'd have to fraps it live - there's no way to save in-person replays! super annoying.

• Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    This post marks my first step into learning how to fight mans on the streets.

I'm really liking the feel of playing on a keyboard, just have to try and find a comfortable key layout. I don't think I like having kicks(qwe) directly below my punches (123).Am I a bad person for using the macro keys( grab/focus/3p/3k)?

Rose seems like a good character, going to stick with her for awhile.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    My keyboard setup was

123 punches
    qwe kicks
    a throw
    s focus

And I rock the arrow keys for motion, although there's an argument to be made for having your motion keys in a single row.

You just gotta kinda find what works for you.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    @unintentional or anyone

what is the difference between an announcer and navigator in p4a? Googling shows the announcers are easy to unlock but most of the navigators are really hard

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    PC streets anyone

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    why u ditch me zen

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    frawrst do you need a fight buddy, I will do this for you.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    @wimble

i am playing strider/morrigan/strange now

here have some godlike point strider for being the reason i'm doing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F44vWdWS3d0#t=21s

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    oh and just to throw it out there because i might not be playing it still this time next week:

strider does his strider thing with bolts behind him and morrigan building meter, till i hit a combo that i end with legion and immediately DHC into astral vision

Legion still comes out and hits them OTG and morrigan fireballs juggle and do a bunch of damage, and then i'm sitting pretty in astral vision with bolts and vajra and they have a dead or mostly dead character

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPkEEjo1irU

It is the christmas gift that I always wanted.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    holy shit the end of that video.

I predict it'll be less than 10 hours before there's a video of that for four hours.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    GGs Frawrst!

And why yes I do want a 2 hour long excellent adventures for Christmas, Gootecks and Mike Ross you guys always know what I want!

• Options
    I feel so good about my play tonight that I wanna play some more anybody around for some more pc streets or possibly 360 streets?

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    oh and just to throw it out there because i might not be playing it still this time next week:

strider does his strider thing with bolts behind him and morrigan building meter, till i hit a combo that i end with legion and immediately DHC into astral vision

Legion still comes out and hits them OTG and morrigan fireballs juggle and do a bunch of damage, and then i'm sitting pretty in astral vision with bolts and vajra and they have a dead or mostly dead character

does strider have a move that induces a crumple state for possible raw tag combos?

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    if only

i've changed it to strider doom strange now against brt

it's real good

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    @wimble

wow. i'm going to look into this!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    double. :|

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    @Huntera you still up for Streets?

I'm kinda in the mood to do some keyboardin' just to see where I stand with it compared to stick.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    okay okay

i may have a very exciting team for you all soon i will report back

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    @futore

strider can combo into flame loops

it takes two bars, but in the corner, OTG Legion super DHC into Rings, you can dash forward and start loops really easily

right now i'm looking at strider/strange/ammy for strong anchor + meter building assist

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    it was actually the same idea behind what i was using with strider and storm to DHC into astral vision

Legion and Hail storm stay on screen which let me juggle fireballs, so i thought maybe they'll let me hit with an impact palm

lo and behold!

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    I think Cold Star would help you out more than Bloom assist

it's such a damn good assist

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    i had a reason for bloom, but i've since changed my mind and it is now cold star, you are correct

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I really wish AE had online training mode.

I have a really hard time grinding things out in training mode just mentally, I either get distracted or just straight up discouraged, I'm so much happier and more mentally present when playing with others. Plus more immediate feedback is really helpful to me, since when I'm on my own I have a hard time knowing what to focus on.

Thanks to @Huntera for the games and advice. <3

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPkEEjo1irU

It is the christmas gift that I always wanted.

This is the best. They are still the best.

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    @wimble

uugh, strider doing work without x-factor is so cool

I wanna fast forward like half a year and see if umvc3 becomes narrower or if it managed to break free, tier-wise

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    Well, considering new stuff was being found seven years later for characters in MvC2, and that UMvC3 overall is hella more character balanced, I would want to lean toward breaking free, but probably not in that short of a time frame.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I don't think comparing umvc3 to mvc2 works because of how much faster everything moves nowadays compared to then.

there's certainly good arguments for both sides though of course which is why I am dying of curiosity

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    In sixth months, the top tier will look like this: Chris/Deadpool/Hsienko - Shuma/Firebrand/Nemesis

• Options
    welp it's christmas. anyone wanna play marvel?

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    is there an archive of the barfights stream from last night

• Options
    Strider Strange Doom

Strider Strange Doom

STRIDER STRANGE DOOM

this is it this is my team let's go

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Anyone still playing Tag2 on 360? I'll actually have access to a playable connection all week while housesitting.

GT is Hiryu ZeroTwo

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Guys, Sara got me a PS3 TE stick so I have a tournament stick. Yesss.

• Options
    somebody play video gaaaaaames

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    steam online matches

• Options
    4 PM PST amazon is doing some kinda lightning deal on Fight Sticks.

the actual text says: Created to appeal to the serious fighting game enthusiast, nothing brings the arcade experience closer to home! so I figure it's a safe bet, if you're interested in a stick I'd look that deal up in 4 hours.

• Options
    Hm

HMMM

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    so I got tekken tag 2 for xmas

someone should body me/show me what to do because I am not good at tekken normally

also is jack/jack a legitimate team because I'd probably play that

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Nothing wrong with playing Jacks, there are some leg length differences so certain combos only work going one way but not the other. Avoidingthepuddle.com and levelupyourgame.com have good tutorial series for those getting into Tag. I highly suggest you check them out.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
This discussion has been closed.