As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4B.

1100101102103104106»

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    And it is May 2015, right? They're keeping with May tradition?

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    They've already written it. A year and a half to two years of production sounds about right. It's not like it'll lack for resources.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Legba wrote: »
    They've already written it. A year and a half to two years of production sounds about right. It's not like it'll lack for resources.

How it is already written?

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

This was apparently secretly planned for a while.

But I don't think they have a full script, just "treatments", whatever that means, for all three future films.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well, it's not finished but Amdt has already written a treatment. It'll only take about two months to write it once they greenlight that, which will be preproduction time anyway.

Legba on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Cambiata wrote: »

This was apparently secretly planned for a while.

But I don't think they have a full script, just "treatments", whatever that means, for all three future films.

A treatment is a short-form script, with all the story beats written out. It'll go into scene by scene detail and tell the whole story of the film in more or less short-story form. Essentially, the film is already written and now it's just the details that need filling out. Although notes will no doubt take up plenty of work still.

Legba on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Apparently Arndt has given what essentially boil down to lectures on why A New Hope has a perfect script so the dude knows Star Wars, at the very least

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    I just hope in all of this madness and emotion we find a role for Johny Depp in a wig because the world right now needs nothing more than a 50 year old man in a wig talking wookie.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Franko: that is... incredible. Loved it. Thank you for sharing that. Next time you're over, I'll bake you cookies.

I really enjoyed Toy Story 3... the ending was a tear jerker. I've never seen Little Miss Sunshine, but apparently it's good. I will have to watch that this weekend.
    I assume they have a direction they already want to take the movie because they have already started storyboard discussions. What I would give to be a fly on that wall.

2015 isn't a very long time to write, cast, film, edit, and produce the NEXT Star Wars film. It feels like they might be rushing it with the 2015 release window.
    They've easily been developing this since before last year. These kinds of deals take years to finish and no doubt they don't intend to let the property stagnate like they did with the Muppets.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    That is good news to my ears. :)

Johnny Depp should be in everything.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Oh I get it.

You're pretending to be a blind and deaf person pawing at the face of your only friend, a dog, with broken fingers and believing that there is nothing more beautiful in the world than that, or maybe bringing your parents back from the dead and that this is the emotional parallel of believing that Johnny Depp is something more than a kind of a sad, gypsy goblin.

That's really high concept, but I get what you are saying. He really should be in everything.

Well played!

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Franko: that is... incredible. Loved it. Thank you for sharing that. Next time you're over, I'll bake you cookies.

I really enjoyed Toy Story 3... the ending was a tear jerker. I've never seen Little Miss Sunshine, but apparently it's good. I will have to watch that this weekend.
    I assume they have a direction they already want to take the movie because they have already started storyboard discussions. What I would give to be a fly on that wall.

2015 isn't a very long time to write, cast, film, edit, and produce the NEXT Star Wars film. It feels like they might be rushing it with the 2015 release window.

Eh, they're still in scripting phase for 2014 movies like Captain America 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy.. They still have plenty of time.

EDIT: Also, given that Avengers 2 is hard scheduled for May, Disney is going to have to decide which franchise gets the May slot now.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Oh I get it.

You're pretending to be a blind and deaf person pawing at the face of your only friend, a dog, with broken fingers and believing that there is nothing more beautiful in the world than that, or maybe bringing your parents back from the dead and that this is the emotional parallel of believing that Johnny Depp is something more than a kind of a sad, gypsy goblin.

That's really high concept, but I get what you are saying. He really should be in everything.

Well played!

Have you not seen the most amazing movie in American history? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Shit, just slap a lightsaber in there somewhere and color me 20 bucks poorer.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Johnny Depp and Tim Burton ought to be in jail for what they did to Alice in Wonderland

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    most of the blame lies with burton, though

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    All of the blame lies with Burton for Alice in Wonderland.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    i feel confident in saying that i can blame tim burton for most things

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm going to blame Lewis Carroll for writing it in the first place

This discussion has been closed.