Options

Go find the new STEAM thread there's a sale going on doncha know

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah, grid mode is just basically impossible for me to use.

Much prefer detail view.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I wish I could compress the grid down more. There's so much white space between icons even at the smallest setting

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Zebukiel wrote: »
    I've been staring at the Steam sales since yesterday. Sleeping Dogs for $25 seems like a good deal, so I put it in my cart but I just haven't gone through with it. This game is good right? I've heard it's good.

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-41017eeping-Dogs1-Sleeping/dp/B007VFH3BQ

Damn you, Amazon. $5 cheaper and $5 off another game in January? D:

Same deal with MP3. 15 in both places, but 5 dollar credit in Jan. on amazon. Still activates on steam.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wish I could compress the grid down more. There's so much white space between icons even at the smallest setting

Can't you develop skins for Steam? Maybe there's a way in there to mod the views.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Happy Birthday @AnteCantelope

p.s. FIFA 13? Is it worth loading up Origin for this?

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I just got to the part in Critter Crunch with the stupid rock critters that you can't eat or move and the stupid veggie critters who won't eat other animals and now I've hit the wall and I hate you, @Joe Blaque.

J/K, but game got hella hard.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Joe BlaqueJoe Blaque Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    Yeah the learning curve gets steep super fast. :D

You gotta use your power ups, man!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    Zoomed all the way out in grid view I have to hit page down 10 times to get to the bottom of the list.

That seems.... cumbersome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Joe Blaque wrote: »
    Yeah the learning curve gets steep super fast. :D

You gotta use your power ups, man!

I'm installing this right now. Thanks again!

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Hoping for a Torchlight 2 deal because I'm going to buy it sometime during this sale anyways.

Also stuck at my parents' house, wanting to crack open The Walking Dead.

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    I have a hard time not buying stuff on Steam.

I seem to have this obsession on it tracking my stats and being able to look at it and share those stats.

• Options
    GaardeanGaardean Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with green man gaming? It won't let me buy doom bfg edition. Keeps telling me to contact my payment provider which is a load of crap, because it's you guys, not them.
    You'll have to send their customer service department an email, for some reason accounts get locked up so you can't buy anything until they fix it. Really annoying during sale times. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Jungleskye wrote: »

I seem to have this obsession on it tracking my stats and being able to look at it and share those stats.

I am so glad I don't have this problem in the slightest no sir I can stop whenever I want

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular

I bought Sins of a Solar Empire and Demigod from Impulse and was sad when I realized they weren't Steam keys (despite isthereanydeal saying they were, but it is Impulse which makes sense so I felt dumb) because I want everything possible on Steam.

Also a heads up:

header_586x192.jpg?t=1348951452

This is on sale while Max Payne 3 is. Both games for only $3.74.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Gaardean wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with green man gaming? It won't let me buy doom bfg edition. Keeps telling me to contact my payment provider which is a load of crap, because it's you guys, not them.
    You'll have to send their customer service department an email, for some reason accounts get locked up so you can't buy anything until they fix it. Really annoying during sale times. :(

Ugh. From what I've heard their customer service isn't much better than steam's. It's not worth the hassle. I'll just save 11 bucks.

• Options
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

I bought Sins of a Solar Empire and Demigod from Impulse and was sad when I realized they weren't Steam keys (despite isthereanydeal saying they were, but it is Impulse which makes sense so I felt dumb) because I want everything possible on Steam.

Also a heads up:

header_586x192.jpg?t=1348951452

This is on sale while Max Payne 3 is. Both games for only $3.74.

That's a good deal. Don't have MP3 yet, but I can say the first 2 are 2 of my favorite games of all time. MP 1 and 2 have an awesome atmosphere. Damn fun too.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    sorry if this was already posted:
    alienware is handing out tons of dota 2 keys

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

signature.png

Got BOTP'd

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    So, I've been going through my game backlog while I am home on vacation.

I picked up Bejeweled 3 in the MacHeist bundle. The special modes are surprisingly hard, especially Poker.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Man, all the Hotline Miami talk (okay, like 3 posts) got me excited thinking it was a flash deal

I know it's only $7 or something right now but deeeeaaals

I'm holding out for a flash deal, myself.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    I've been playing Spec Ops: The Line. Never has a game hit me like that. The hooks are officially in. I am finishing this.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    @Descendant X - Thanks for Dungeons of Dredmor!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I was hoping for a retro city rampage sale, but it's not on sale at all so I guess that's not happening. I wonder what the deal is. It came out the same day as hotline miami, didn't it?

anoffday on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    So I went and accepted @Joe Blaque's friend invite and what does he do?

b6UCm.png

Dang, now I need to start random gifting to feel less guilty.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I was hoping for a retro city rampage sale, but it's not on sale at all so I guess that's not happening. I wonder what the deal is. It came out the same day as hotline miami, didn't it?
    Yeah but not too long ago - it makes sense to maybe wait for the winter sale.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    @Iolo, howcome you don't have a wishlist? Makes it hard for me to hit you back up for SpecOps, just sayin'...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I'm undecided on whether I should gift the rest of my inventory now or wait until next month. Anyway here's AudioSurf :)

signature.png

Listen, I'm not the kind of guy to glamorize recreational drug use, because I think that it is an epidemic among our nation's youth.

All I'm sayin' is, you know, maybe you score a few Ambien or whatever and then maybe you play some AudioSurf and then maybe it blows your fucking mind.

I really wish that if you had a powerful enough PC that AudioSurf would start processing the next song in your queue while you're playing the current song so that you could jump immediately to the next one, because having to stop for a few seconds to build the level for the next song is the one thing stopping it from being the perfect party music visualizer.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that if you don't have AudioSurf you should totally enter this giveaway, because it's pretty fun and it is extremely scalable so it runs on almost anything.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    ....I'm home from working black friday.... I'm so tired..... I missed the last 12 hours of sales. Break it to me gently, what did I miss?

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Looks like I was one of the roughly 20% of entrants who win a copy of Natural Selection 2 in that huge Steamgifts giveaway.

Having played it a little, I sure am glad I didn't pay money for it.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

And also thanks to the people who gifted me so damn much. Seriously you guys, thanks a lot.

@Viking, @Joe Blaque, @Buster Blade, @Hyperion, @Gear Girl, @Spoit, @Zebukiel, @Malakaius, and @Big Isy, thank you so much. If I missed anyone, sorry, but that's what you get for giving me a key: no paper trail.

Thanks also to the dozen people who have given me gifts over the last few days. I've been given more gifts this week than I ever owned for my N64, SNES, and GB combined. It really has been a great week, thanks again.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Gangsters in space is the best one followed by trouble with clones. Wasn't a Fan of Genkibowl.

Personally, I'd rank them from best to less good as Gangsters in Space, Genkibowl, Trouble with Clones. I wouldn't recommend playing Gangsters until you're in Act 2 though, otherwise the rewards may be a bit overpowered.
    The Katamari style minigame in Genkibowl was one of my favorite ridiculous silly moments in the game.

Thanks both for the input. Since it wasn't unanimous I just ended up getting the season pass with all three dlcs. I think I can't go wrong with more SR3. :D

(Damn, this thread is going fast... the only thing that surpasses the speed of the thread is the level of classiness. You guys are amazing!)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Does it never end!?

Thanks @Gaslight for Bully, just a minute after my last post.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I'm finally on my way home! Back to my computer!

I have some gifting to do since my phone is being wonky and won't let me view a certain birthday boys wishlist. And the mobile app apparently won't let me access my inventory (wtf)

Also, hopefully ill make it before the Amazon deal expires. Come on SEPTA!! Be on time!

I also have some thanks to deal out. Been waiting till I had my computer again!

You know what's fun? Traveling by train to your family's house, not having access to your PC, then taking the train back the next day directly to work. No stopping home for me!

Thank god the Steam App is half-decent. Though Newell, it could let me access my inventory and group chat.

EDIT: wishlist viewing solved

APODionysus on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Looks like I was one of the roughly 20% of entrants who win a copy of Natural Selection 2 in that huge Steamgifts giveaway.

Sometimes you have the weirdest opinions. What in the world did you dislike about NS2? That game is basically my GOTY.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular

Sometimes you have the weirdest opinions. What in the world did you dislike about NS2? That game is basically my GOTY.

Could be weirder. I talked to a GameStop employee while trading in games for Steam Cards during the Summer Sale.

He didn't like Bastion.

I won't be back to that store if that's the riffraff they employ

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    So is the Thief collection worth 7 bucks?

• Options
    I'm finally on my way home! Back to my computer!

I have some gifting to do since my phone is being wonky and won't let me view a certain birthday boys wishlist. And the mobile app apparently won't let me access my inventory (wtf)

Also, hopefully ill make it before the Amazon deal expires. Come on SEPTA!! Be on time!

I also have some thanks to deal out. Been waiting till I had my computer again!

You know what's fun? Traveling by train to your family's house, not having access to your PC, then taking the train back the next day directly to work. No stopping home for me!

Thank god the Steam App is half-decent. Though Newell, it could let me access my inventory and group chat.

EDIT: wishlist viewing solved

:evil:

Immediately after "Does it never end!?" I get Vessel from Apo with the message "No, it never ends".

And while I was writing this @Anoffday sent me A Valley Without Wind!

Except I can't redeem it because steam's gift notification broke! You've done it PA, your classiness has broken Steam.
    gift.png
    I was able to activate it later. You still managed to break Steam though!

• Options
    Mission accomplished guys.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Woo! Fear 3 has hit a flash sale! Can't wait to get home.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options

Could be weirder. I talked to a GameStop employee while trading in games for Steam Cards during the Summer Sale.

He didn't like Bastion.

I won't be back to that store if that's the riffraff they employ

You don't even need to play that game to knows it's good.

Case in point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzGEiER7mkc