As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty] Free K-9 Unit w/purchase of a Care Package!* (YMMV)

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    While I don't want to get into the Last Stand/Second Chance argument.

I will say I thought it was hilarious that they had to make shotguns ignore it because otherwise you would be pretty much dead because you killed someone.

• Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    wait, are there more PS3 people in the thread now? I switched my pre-order to xbox because the PS3 peeps were never online.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    fearsomepiratefearsomepirate I ate a pickle once. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I believe there's a saying that goes "Insanity is repeating the same process and expecting different results"
    *I do 100 damage to someone who has 100 health, he dies.
    *I do 100 damage to someone who has 100 health, he does not die. abracadabra
    *I explode a dude for 200 damage, he dies.
    *I explode a dude for 200 damage, he does not die. abracadabra
    INSANITY.
    *I put up a spy plane, I see a guy on my radar.
    *I put up a spy plane, I don't see him on my radar. abracadabra
    *A dude sprints up behind me, I hear him.
    *A dude sprints up behind me, I don't hear him. abracadabra
    *I put down a claymore, it kills a dude.
    *I put down a claymore, a dude changes it so it kills me. abracadabra
    *A dude jumps off a high thing to escape me, he dies.
    *A dude jumps off a high thing to escape me, he does not die. abracadabra
    *A dude runs out of bullets, I kill him while he reloads.
    *A dude runs out of bullets, he reloads super-fast and kills me. abracadabra
    *I shoot a dude, and he loses control of his aim and can't shoot me back.
    *I shoot a dude, but his aim stays stable so he kills me. abracadabra.
    *I throw Nova Gas at a dude, it disorients and kills him.
    *I throw Nova Gas at a due, it does not disorient or kill him. abracadabra
    *I throw down smoke, I am invisible.
    *I throw down smoke, I am not invisible. abracadabra
    *A guy shoots 20 bullets out of his PM63 at me. He is out of ammo.
    *A guy shoots 20 bullets out of his PM63 at me. He is not out of ammo. abracadabra
    *A guy shoots a gun. He appears on my radar.
    *A guy shoots a gun. He does not appear on my radar. abracadabra

Your argument works against perks in general. Maybe you should stick to Quake?

fearsomepirate on
    Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...nobody.
    PSN ID: fearsomepirate
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    wait, are there more PS3 people in the thread now? I switched my pre-order to xbox because the PS3 peeps were never online.

Don't do it.

Stick with the 360 so you can play with the dudebros

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    mr_mich wrote: »
    Here's an early class builder for anyone into that sort of thing for Blops.

That's much nicer than the earlier one.

Edit: And Long Barrel is for Shotguns only! There goes my plan.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I believe there's a saying that goes "Insanity is repeating the same process and expecting different results"
    INSANITY.
    *A guy shoots 20 bullets out of his PM63 at me. He is not out of ammo. abracadabra

That's not the same thing at all because killing people is the name of the game and everybody has a certain amount of health and when I shoot with a gun and do that much damage I expect a bad guy to die. Because that is how the game works. When someone has a flak jacket I get a notification of it and that's why they don't die so I know to deal with it as it happens. With last stand I put a guy down and don't know about it until he's already dead. Those other things chance conditions of the game, but Last Stand changes how the game works and how killing people works not finding people.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    While I haven't built my class I'm pretty sure I'll run what I usually run. A good smg and whatever the Steady Aim, SoH, and Lightweight equivalents are, as my play style is mostly run and gun.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    gjaustin wrote: »

That's a great site. Too bad there isn't an image saving/sharing feature to show off your custom builds. Here was mine:

blops2_01.png

I really wanted Perk 2 Greed and Fast Hands for quicker grenade use but came up two points short. I could ditch the AA launcher and reduce one of my grenades I guess. I am running Scavenger after all, but read that you only get the blue bags via non-explosive kills. That means bashing in heads or relying on teammates. Tough challenge either way, but I'm up for it!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    While I haven't built my class I'm pretty sure I'll run what I usually run. A good smg and whatever the Steady Aim, SoH, and Lightweight equivalents are, as my play style is mostly run and gun.

Which Sleight of Hand? Faster reloads or faster aim time or both?

Assuming both, sounds like:

SMG
    -Laser Sight
    -Fast Mags
    -Quickdraw
    Perk 1 - Lightweight
    Wildcard - Primary Gunfighter

That leaves you 4 points for perks, equipment, or a secondary.

• Options
    Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular

PS3 needs some love too. Join us !

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Man, I'm not even worried about pre planning a class until I have the game infront of me... this new system is a little confusing.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options

SMG
    -Laser Sight
    -Fast Mags
    -Quickdraw
    Perk 1 - Lightweight

Faster reloads. Steady Aim means "who needs to aim?" as I'm usually running around spraying folks the second I or they turn a corner.

I just hope they have a gun that feels as good as the MW2 UMP45, which is probably my favorite gun in the series.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Man, I'm not even worried about pre planning a class until I have the game infront of me... this new system is a little confusing.

I love planning out classes. I even planned out classes for MW2 and I never played it!

That said, I do need to get the feel for some of the guns before I make fully informed decisions. Suppressor and Quickdraw are givens for my try-hard class. But will my favorite rifle need a Foregrip or Fast Mags or Select Fire?

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

SMG
    -Laser Sight
    -Fast Mags
    -Quickdraw
    Perk 1 - Lightweight

Faster reloads. Steady Aim means "who needs to aim?" as I'm usually running around spraying folks the second I or they turn a corner.

I just hope they have a gun that feels as good as the MW2 UMP45, which is probably my favorite gun in the series.

There is a reason it was everyone's favorite gun in MW2. The UMP was terribly broken.

• Options
    Actually, I gave it a shot, its fun! I don't see Steady Aim anywhere though... did I just over look it?

Here's a Shotty class I came up with:

xeSvl.png

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »

SMG
    -Laser Sight
    -Fast Mags
    -Quickdraw
    Perk 1 - Lightweight

There is a reason it was everyone's favorite gun in MW2. The UMP was terribly broken.
    Quite possibly. 'feel' is a pretty nebulous thing but that gun felt good. Hopefully BO2 has some good smgs.

• Options
    SecretagentmanSecretagentman Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

That's a great site. Too bad there isn't an image saving/sharing feature to show off your custom builds. Here was mine:
    blops2_01.png

I really wanted Perk 2 Greed and Fast Hands for quicker grenade use but came up two points short. I could ditch the AA launcher and reduce one of my grenades I guess. I am running Scavenger after all, but read that you only get the blue bags via non-explosive kills. That means bashing in heads or relying on teammates. Tough challenge either way, but I'm up for it!

Looks like a good start - I might even try it at some point because I love the shield.

Has there been any word yet on some kind of Blops2 equivalent for the Melee Shield Proficiency in MW3? Because getting 2 bashes in without it was almost always a pain. Dexterity seems to be that kind of thing, but I bet they just mean knife melee, the shield-hating jerks.

PSN: matter_ic
    Professional forum lurker
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Actually, I gave it a shot, its fun! I don't see Steady Aim anywhere though... did I just over look it?

Steady Aim is called Laser Sight, and it's an attachment.

Secretagentman on
  • Options

Here's a Shotty class I came up with:

xeSvl.png

Steady Aim is gone and been moved to attachments as Laser Sight. Red line gonna give you away from a distance though.

blops2_01.png

Looks like a good start - I might even try it at some point because I love the shield.

Has there been any word yet on some kind of Blops2 equivalent for the Melee Shield Proficiency in MW3? Because getting 2 bashes in without it was almost always a pain. Dexterity seems to be that kind of thing, but I bet they just mean knife melee, the shield-hating jerks.

I hope there is some form of bonuses ala attachments for the Shield but I'm not holding my breath. I definitely want to roll with another Shield user so we can be Bash Bros. I don't think I've played with Willith yet, he's the shield legend around these parts. Hopefully I can rise up to his level one day. Then again, I have no idea if I'm good for the team or not, I'll let everyone else decide that.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I hope there is some form of bonuses ala attachments for the Shield but I'm not holding my breath. I definitely want to roll with another Shield user so we can be Bash Bros. I don't think I've played with Willith yet, he's the shield legend around these parts. Hopefully I can rise up to his level one day. Then again, I have no idea if I'm good for the team or not, I'll let everyone else decide that.

Not gonna happen because I'm on the wrong system (aka PS3).

So long as I'm complaining, why does the shield take 2 hits to kill when the knife is only 1? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Options

Ah. I'll get rid of the betty and fast hands then. change it to the three attachment wildcard and pick up laser sight.

I see myself spending as much time in BLOPS 2 create a class as I do in RPG character creator screens...

• Options
    Shield isn't sharp. No if only I could get a tac knife attachment on my shield....

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBTVkIxSx5o

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Shield spike. Somebody, make it freaking happen.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    INSANITY.

Seriously? We're done here. I can't tell if your ignorance is willful or woeful, but either way there's no amount of logic or reason that can combat the amount of bad and wrong that you are presenting to this thread.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    I don't think sensor grenade works like I think it does, either. Well... maybe it does. I might switch to the shock stick thing.

Goddammit I said I wasn't going to plan ahead.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

Call of Duty: Viking Warfare

• Options

Ah. I'll get rid of the betty and fast hands then. change it to the three attachment wildcard and pick up laser sight.

I see myself spending as much time in BLOPS 2 create a class as I do in RPG character creator screens...

Since you chose a sem-auto shotgun, you might be able to just swap the Foregrip to the Laser Sight.

Hopefully they'll let you toggle it on and off like in Battlefield 3.

• Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    I liked that they changed the perk that alter your weapon into attachments, but man that makes it hard to only choose 2

on smgs I want laser sight, rapid fire, ext mags, fast mags, suppressor...ugh.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Call of Duty: Viking Warfare

We're already half-way there: we have throwing axes.

• Options
    If you're running scavenger, I'd go laser sight and fast mags on SMGs. Ext mags if you're running the three attachment wildcard.

Actually, you should just always be running scavenger.

• Options
    I'm glad all the secondaries are pistols.

Means I'm never running a secondary ever. So free points.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Magell wrote: »
    That's not the same thing at all because killing people is the name of the game and everybody has a certain amount of health and when I shoot with a gun and do that much damage I expect a bad guy to die.
    How are you still regularly surprised by Last Stand? It's five years old. I can see being shocked by it if all you've ever played are other games, but it really should be something you're expecting if you've played CoD for more than about four days.

Thing is I'm not a Last Stand fan, as I never use it. And I think deathstreaks in general are a bad idea. I just think most of the arguments against it make no sense ("I never expect it" is by far the weakest yet).

fearsomepirate on
  • Options
    Depends on how good shotguns are you may need a pistol class to show just how dominant you are over the other team.

• Options
    That's not the same thing at all because killing people is the name of the game and everybody has a certain amount of health and when I shoot with a gun and do that much damage I expect a bad guy to die.
    How are you still regularly surprised by Last Stand? Look, I was surprised when that dead body turned out to be a spy who got up and knifed me in the back. The first time. In 1999. It's not something I'm not expecting any more. If you're still not expecting anyone playing the last five CoD games to be using it, that's really not a problem with the game.

Dude, for real...

you're kind of just being a dick goose now...

• Options
    How are you still regularly surprised by Last Stand? It's five years old. I can see being shocked by it if all you've ever played are other games, but it really should be something you're expecting if you've played CoD for more than about four days.

Thing is I'm not a Last Stand fan, as I never use it. And I think deathstreaks in general are a bad idea. I just think most of the arguments against it make no sense ("I never expect it" is by far the weakest yet).

Because I'm a man and I use man type perks and deathstreaks that don't involve me sitting on my ass shooting people. And the complaint is that I shouldn't have to expect it because it's stupid and bullshit. I killed the dude and now I want to move on. I'm busy rushing a spawn site with a bunch of people in front of me I can't deal with that shit. And sometimes I have a pump action shotgun and that dude on the ground kills me before I can pump and aim low again.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I finally went ahead and pre-ordered for the PS3 even though my sketchy connection post-move is really irritating when playing online. I'm going to be back in Chicago when the game releases though, and won't get back home until November 24th, so don't expect to see me online until the 24th or 25th. Small chance of my having PS3 and internet access while in Chicago, but most of my time there is going to be spent hanging with friends and family and eating all the foods I miss regardless.

• Options
    I'm moving to Mexico at the end of the month. It should take a few days to get up and running, assuming they even allow my American PS3 on PSN down there.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    [

Nuh Uh

The guns that were broken in MW2 were:
    [insert every weapon in MW2 here]

Also you know it wasn't everyones favorite gun, I prefered the P90 over it so me and Luigi could be P90 bros and frankly if I had to pick it would either be the F2000 or Javelin as my favorite.

And by either be I mean its the Javelin.
    I'm moving to Mexico at the end of the month. It should take a few days to get up and running, assuming they even allow my American PS3 on PSN down there.

Let us know how Juarez is.

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, pretty much.

I'm like every gun in MW2 was broke.

Well...except the F2000...that gun was fucking trash no matter how much people say to the contrary.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    It was only trash compared to the MW2 guns. After playing Black Ops the recoil on that gun seemed normal.