As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Test Drive Unlimited - PC

2»

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So long as there is a Mustang I'll be happy. God that engine roar. So good.

Also, this doesn't apply to you Gaslight as you have a new meaty rig, but the beta ran awfully on my rig. Just a heads up.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »

You are a man of good taste. The car lists I've found indicate that there's a '68 Mustang fastback and a current GT and Shelby GT500. 8-)

Besides the ponies, I'm most interested in the Astons, Mercedes Benzes, and the RUF tuner ersatz Porsches (which I'm pleased to see are in the game at release this time instead of being saved for DLC).

I admit I'm a little dismayed to see no Lamborghinis this time around, though.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    And now I'm buggered. I just know the game won't run well enough on my system to enjoy it but I'm so tempted. GAH!

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    SHi- Its in my cart D:

Looks like Two Worlds 2 is gonna have to wait til much, much later.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Picking up my pre-order tomorrow. I need to stop being lazy and finish the stand I've been working on for my G25.

tek on
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    As you can tell from my posts nearly 4 years ago, I was a fan of the original. Played it on PC. However, since I'm using the same PC as I was back then, I'll be picking this up for the 360. I hope to have it within a week or so, XBL: slackericon.

downer on
  • Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    NeuralFizz wrote: »
    If your computer can't run it, get it for 360. 8-)

That is awfully kind of you. I'd like the 350GB version. Two pads if you can stretch to that.

350GB version? That must be the new free xbox, I take it.

Tek- How is the G25? Mind blowingly awesome?

Downer- I will get you added to my friend's list.

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I was typing in the dark and high on Amoxicillin. Joke still works.

Also, the PC version has a pretty big communitiy going by the beta. I was really into that.

edit: goddammit it. Bought. I just know it'll run like ass.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So the release date for this is supposedly tomorrow and yet Steam has no "This game will unlock in..." timer. Heck, most games I've pre-ordered on Steam I could pre-load by now.

Please tell me that they aren't doing something stupid like release for digital distribution X weeks after boxed versions.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    sadly most steam games don't have pre-loads, it's just most BIG releases do

this isn't really getting a major big release, it's kinda just floating under the radar.

I'm tempted to create a new non 5 year old thread with a proper OP though

(also i'm getting the 360 version)

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Steam TDU2 forums are rampant with people grousing about not knowing when the game will actually unlock. One person reports that they contacted the devs and were told that they have no idea themselves and it's all up to Steam. There are discontented mutterings already comparing this to the Steam release of F1 2010, which was apparently a major cock-up.

Hardtarget, I would be all in favor of a nice, fresh new thread.

Pretty pumped for this. Though I am still a little bummed out about the fairly small car list...Lamborghinis and Maseratis missing after they were in the first game (apparently Lambo was demanding six figures for the license and the developers were essentially forced to choose between them and Ferrari), no BMW's again. I'm especially confused by the lack of Maserati when Ferrari is in the game and Ferrari owns the Maserati marque.

But hey, fingers crossed for DLC...

Gaslight on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heh, I've been tossing up whether to do an OP for this game so I'd have a place to talk about it (never played the first one but now my interest has been piqued) but I wasn't satisfied with it.

Lotus is in this, isn't it? As long as I can get my Exige I'll be happy.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Heh, I've been tossing up whether to do an OP for this game so I'd have a place to talk about it (never played the first one but now my interest has been piqued) but I wasn't satisfied with it.

Lotus is in this, isn't it? As long as I can get my Exige I'll be happy.

Lotus 2-Eleven
    Lotus Esprit S3
    Lotus Evora

I wish the Esprit was a later model like the S4 or V8 from the first game (one of my favorite rides in TDU1) rather than the S3...

Gaslight on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    *grumble grumble*

They'll do.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Steam release dates:

USA: 8th Feb
    Europe: 11th Feb
    RoW: Insignificant

It's same as Europe allegedly. There's some talk of Europe actually getting a 10th Feb release but who knows for sure?

ALso Eurogamer review going live 5pm UK time (real time!). And we need a new OP. I'd do it but I just don't know enough about the new game to justify it.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Steam release dates:

USA: 8th Feb
    Europe: 11th Feb
    RoW: Insignificant

It's same as Europe allegedly. There's some talk of Europe actually getting a 10th Feb release but who knows for sure?

ALso Eurogamer review going live 5pm UK time (real time!). And we need a new OP. I'd do it but I just don't know enough about the new game to justify it.

Gonna see what the review says...then I might pre order it on Thursday (when I get paid).

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've already done it and new thread.

Note that I still need to add a bunch of info but I'm currently babysitting 2 kids so yeah, will have to wait a while.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »

You are a man of good taste. The car lists I've found indicate that there's a '68 Mustang fastback and a current GT and Shelby GT500. 8-)

Besides the ponies, I'm most interested in the Astons, Mercedes Benzes, and the RUF tuner ersatz Porsches (which I'm pleased to see are in the game at release this time instead of being saved for DLC).

I admit I'm a little dismayed to see no Lamborghinis this time around, though.

I spent the majority of my time in the '04 GTO in the first game. I even beat the "Island Tour" race with it, which apparently was pretty astonishing to folks on the forums when I first posted about it.

As it turned out the AI was pretty terrible which made it quite possible. In fact if you ran anything faster than around a GTO-level car, it was no challenge to win. The GTO and similar cars were capable of finishing right around the same time as the AI cars so it made it an actual race. They'd leave you far, far behind on the long straight sections but they were so terrible in the corners you'd make up the ground.

citizen059 on