As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please Don't Starve (Together)

123457»

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Sticks wrote: »
    Holy shit, that's a great idea. It's like a beefed up version of the bee mine.

Assuming the bees actually become active when the chest is destroyed.

Oh yes.

Quite active.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    You can build your own hives for one very specific purpose: harvesting killer bees for DW's Chest of Murder.

Permission to pronounce it, "Chest-a-moider?" sir?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    It just occurred to me that I would make a great Bond villain with nasty ideas like that.

• Options
    I'd like to provide an update to my Deerclops Strategy:

Use every dirty trick you have because that motherfucker won't go down without massive carnage.

I lucked out in my choice of campsites because I knew, much like Winter, Deerclops was coming.

Advantages:

1. Aggro near Bee Hives, specifically Killer Bee Hives. Every attack on a bee prompted more bees to attack him.
    2. Bee Hives were near an active Walrus Camp. Those fucking walrus-men and ice-hounds are a bane on your existence until they aggro on him.
    3. Kite his ass to your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Apocalypse. I lucked out with this one since he aggroed the whole lot of them at night when I was dodging his attacks.
    4. Attacks focused in one direction. Staying at his back and making the occasional jab diverted his attention and allowed free hits from the mobs.

Disadvantages:

1. Kept burning through food stocks for HP, Sanity and Hunger.
    2. Was gathering materials on the fly to craft food and items to last through till dawn, burned down half a forest for heat and light.
    3. Motherfucker has an AoE/sweep attack that one-shots everything in the arc.
    4. I didn't get him to the Guardian Pigs when I found them; too far away and not enough resources to keep hitting him with a boomerang to kite him there. I'll try that next time around since eight Guardian Pigs killed a herd of twelve Beefalo and not a single pig died.

Tactics:

1. Hit, run, kite ... like Braveheart without the self-aggrandizing actor/director ... also without the rampant anti-semitism and misogyny.
    2. Boomerangs are BOSS-HOG for kiting that bastard.
    3. Didn't have time to put together Killer Bee Murder Chests, but was halfway to Swamp Tentacles when he bit the dust ... so, use every last aggressive mob you can think of.
    4. Kite him to the clockwork mobs next time. The bishops alone should cut his HP by a quarter.

Evasion:

1. If you can't kill him, run like Hell to get to a sinkhole and drop down to the caves.
    2. Use caution with spider nests without a cane because the movement is for shit on those webs.
    3. Use fire to aggro all around him. Fucker hates fire.

Summation:

I need a cigarette.

• Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Has anyone else been playing the new Giants DLC?

Game is fucking hard now.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah, it's too hard now. Makes it kind of boring.

• Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    I kind of like the weather changes. I haven't gotten that far yet but it seems like they want you to be more adaptable. Maybe change where you live each season (instead of always hanging with the rabbits)

But there is so much shit that can kill you now, and early, that its a little crazy. I'm sure after a couple more runs I'll figure out how to get past day 15, but for now it is kicking the shit out of me

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Multiplayer expansion announced. It will be free to current owners, but the price of Don't Starve is going up to $19.99 after the expansion goes live.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i might actually start playing this again if it's multiplayer. Or not.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    You'd been roasting a former friend's corpse before the second day.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Cannibalism fills your hunger meter and your insanity meter.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Pretty excited for multiplayer

Even if the game doesn't need it, it should be a lot of fun. Wonder if it'll be online, or local only?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Well, now that they've added random present skins to Don't Starve Together I am well and truly hooked again. I just wish they dropped more than 4 a week.

I also killed my first Boss last night! I managed to take down a Tree Guard with just an axe, a torch and Webber all on his lonesome.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I just discovered this game and I'm hooked - but can't get past deerclops.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine