As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands 2] Gameplay? But...but I wanted loot! MASSIVE SALE, SEE P.97

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    legendary loot midgets are UVHM only. easiest place to find them is to take the Doctor's Orders quest in Wildlife Preserve, but to avoid actually doing any of it. one of the quest items is in a cardboard box in a row of other boxes, and opening those boxes will spawn legendary loot midgets almost every single time.

other good places are thousand cuts and sawtooth cauldron, though neither of them are nearly as reliable.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Looks like i'll have to get to UVHM then! Wonder how fast I can finish the main questline in TVHM.

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    It really isn't like Diablo. Diablo isn't completely dependent on the highest tier stuff to just survive higher levels. That isn't difficulty. That's besides the fact that you just described why I don't want to play this game anymore.

I'm not sure what class you play, what build you field, or what playstyle you enjoy most, but I can tell you from personal experience that I could have walked into UVHM naked as Axton and still progressed through the content; his turrets are just that powerful. The Sabre can fire off rocket salvos, and it slags everything it shoots, causing massive amounts of additional damage on UVHM. You can maglock it up onto walls, which often distracts melee enemies who can't figure out how to path up to it. And Gemini allows me to have two of them active at the same time.

I have 10/5 in Resourceful, with an additional +35% cooldown reduction from my Sentry Engineer class mod and an additional +34.5% cooldown reduction from a Proficiency Relic, so the cooldown on my turrets is extremely low -- about as low as you can get it.

And I didn't have to farm relentlessly for those items (I just hit 61 on Axton last night); I've had most of that stuff since 50.

So because the turret is the workhorse of my playstyle, I really do not require good items to be effective. When I get them, its awesome, but I use my weapons to supplement my turret DPS -- not the other way around.

This is exactly like Diablo, according to my experience with the game. I primarily played a Trapsassin and Zookeeper Necro in D2, so my sentries or minions did all my work for me. And again, I was just there to supplement DPS and pick up loot. I don't need great gear for that -- all it takes is +to all skills. Just like in Borderlands, where all I need is cooldown reduction.

All I'm really reading is I should have rolled Axton.

• Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    It really isn't like Diablo. Diablo isn't completely dependent on the highest tier stuff to just survive higher levels. That isn't difficulty. That's besides the fact that you just described why I don't want to play this game anymore.

I'm not sure what class you play, what build you field, or what playstyle you enjoy most, but I can tell you from personal experience that I could have walked into UVHM naked as Axton and still progressed through the content; his turrets are just that powerful. The Sabre can fire off rocket salvos, and it slags everything it shoots, causing massive amounts of additional damage on UVHM. You can maglock it up onto walls, which often distracts melee enemies who can't figure out how to path up to it. And Gemini allows me to have two of them active at the same time.

I have 10/5 in Resourceful, with an additional +35% cooldown reduction from my Sentry Engineer class mod and an additional +34.5% cooldown reduction from a Proficiency Relic, so the cooldown on my turrets is extremely low -- about as low as you can get it.

And I didn't have to farm relentlessly for those items (I just hit 61 on Axton last night); I've had most of that stuff since 50.

So because the turret is the workhorse of my playstyle, I really do not require good items to be effective. When I get them, its awesome, but I use my weapons to supplement my turret DPS -- not the other way around.

This is exactly like Diablo, according to my experience with the game. I primarily played a Trapsassin and Zookeeper Necro in D2, so my sentries or minions did all my work for me. And again, I was just there to supplement DPS and pick up loot. I don't need great gear for that -- all it takes is +to all skills. Just like in Borderlands, where all I need is cooldown reduction.

I lucked into rolling Axton. The dude is sick as balls. One thing I wish for games like this is an easier way to switch classes for funsies> I've put 60hrs into BL2; all with Axton, and I'm not done. I'm going to keep playing. But, differnet classes dont' bring enuogh to the table for me to re-do what I've done. So I'll never get to level 50 as another class, but man, cause I've earned it by beating the game with Axton, I feel like I should be able to play as other classes at 50. Just for funsies.

P.S. Just beat Tiny Tina's DLC. Wow...........that is easily the best DLC I've ever played. Everything about it was AMAZING. Loved very second of it.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Some masocist decided to do a Krieg run with no weapons or shields. Beat UVHM naked

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular

If you're looking for a class that isn't entirely "gear dependent", Axton and Krieg are solid choices; Axton can be built for maximum turret effectiveness, and Krieg can be built for massive melee damage. With Krieg, all the stuff you really want (Rapier Assault Rifle, Love Thumper Shield, etc) are quest rewards. So all you really need to farm up is a Scream Sickle or Beef Slab class mod and either a Strength or Vitality relic, depending on whether you want to maximize offense or defense.

He can melee for literally millions and millions.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    TVHM/UVHM is all about gear, pretty much. Do you have friends that can give you the top tier legendaries/do you have access to the Gibbed editor? Congratulations, you may play beyond normal. Oh, and roll a Gunzerker as they are infinitely more powerful than any other class in the raid fights.

Borderlands 2 is a great game, but dear fucking god Gearbox are terrible at game balance. I mean, these people have been creating games for how long and they balance their mechanics like a $2.99 indie title.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Axton. You. is. a pimp.

Oh I see you guys were discussing this already.

I'm not sure what it was, but when I initially rolled into UVHM, it suddenly felt like my formerly overpowered explosive set-up just wasn't doing what it used to. I slogged through to 54, then kind of set him aside in favor of farming on my siren or running my Krieg.

Finally picked him up again yesterday and suddenly he's back to goddamn melting faces. What I just did to the miners in Tundra Express can only be called a war crime, which really illuminates his wanted poster

i'm not sure what it is

a couple extra points in battlefront and steady can't be that significant, can they? is it the slippery prefix on my rifle? maybe i'm just getting more shots on target and more crits

who knows, man

who knows

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Esh wrote: »
    So, Games Master magazine has some shift codes in the new issue. I used the 360 one, but here are the PC and PS3...first come, first serve.

PS3: WTKB3-WW35J-6RCCT-ZTW3B-RJKZZ
    PC: CB5JB-WBHK9-5CHT6-KXB3B-TBJSX

They put a Love Thumper shield, a Bandit rocket launcher and a couple of random blue/purple relics in your inventory.

Let me know if you use them so I can strike them out.

Those aren't single use.

So, should I save this code for when I get higher level characters, so the relics and weapons are at max level, or can I use it now and then again down the road? Does it give items to multiple characters?

Iolo wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »
    So... missed out on the Amazon thing, eh?

Still showing live for me, @Panda4You:
    Krummith wrote: »
    Amazon has a Borderlands 2 Bundle for $21.99
    Borderlands GOTY
    Borderlands 2
    Borderlands 2 DLC Season Pass

I'm tempted to get it just for the season pass (I have BL1 and 2, but no DLC on 2)...anyone want BL1 and 2 and want to split the cost?

I've never finished the main quest (I'm 1/3 with maya and nearly at the end with Zero)... I may start over with Gaige now that she's on sale. I know she's fun to play (so sayth the thread), but is it better to do the first run all the way through with someone else first?

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular

If you're looking for a class that isn't entirely "gear dependent", Axton and Krieg are solid choices; Axton can be built for maximum turret effectiveness, and Krieg can be built for massive melee damage. With Krieg, all the stuff you really want (Rapier Assault Rifle, Love Thumper Shield, etc) are quest rewards. So all you really need to farm up is a Scream Sickle or Beef Slab class mod and either a Strength or Vitality relic, depending on whether you want to maximize offense or defense.

He can melee for literally millions and millions.

That's the problem. I've invested far too much time already to just start over again. I'm burnt out on this game. At least with Maya I'm the support role for my crew. Zero just seems to be left behind.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

Maybe he is thinking about number 3? Never played that one so I wouldn't be able to say but this is very much the diablo 2 of fps. It also really makes me hope they dont do anything diablo 3 did.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    The code has expired. But you want to use the codes ASAP. They give you keys that you can use at any time

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    After some quick border-hopping with my Amazon account I too can participate in the border... landing...

Mechromancer was on sale too!? I've always wanted to be the little girl... :3

Edit: Might've whot myself in the foot though, no dl code for the dlc char. :( Lessee if this shit will work...
    Edit2: Strange, they sent a code in the mail but showed none on the Amazon account side of things. Well, shit seems to have indeed worked out in the end though; all that matters.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    i got around to trying that butcher i got from the tiny tina slots

farming up some torgue tokens on my maya

my thoughts are as follow:

DIS GUN KILL GOOD

my favorite thing might actually be the ammo consumption

fucking thing never runs out

spend an entire bar brawl shooting at just under SMG fire rates, and finish up only to find you've still got half your ammo

needless to say, moxxi's heartbreaker went in the bank

• Options
    Anyone have a casual swordsplosion they want to trade? I love my juicy one but the extra swords would be such an upgrade.Shame you cant farm it.

• Options
    Anyone have a casual swordsplosion they want to trade? I love my juicy one but the extra swords would be such an upgrade.Shame you cant farm it.

Can't you? turn in quest, check reward, if you don't like it..reset before it saves?

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Im on the PC kind ser.

Also the game of throne quest is the greatest thing ever keep slapping joffry for hilarious dialogue , also the fantasia quest was awesome as well. The constant summoning of minions had my bloodsplosion doing 999999k damage to everything . Fucking glorious.

• Options
    For the record, the Seeker might be very picky about what skills actually work with it, but Anarchy works 100%.

That gun is now my go to sniper weapon.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Anyone have a level 50 legendary class mod for Maya laying around?

360 version.

Esh on
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Im on the PC kind ser.

Also the game of throne quest is the greatest thing ever keep slapping joffry for hilarious dialogue , also the fantasia quest was awesome as well. The constant summoning of minions had my bloodsplosion doing 999999k damage to everything . Fucking glorious.

Copy your save. Turn in quest. If you don't get the reward you want, restore the old save and try again.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Kambing wrote: »
    Im on the PC kind ser.

Copy your save. Turn in quest. If you don't get the reward you want, restore the old save and try again.

if you're going to cheese to that extent might as well just say fuck it and fire up an editor to give yourself whatever you want

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    new thread will likely spawn tomorrow

but only on UVHM

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    But but I haven't finished all the content in this thread yet.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    If you want Seraph items, apparently! Does't make a lot of sense, really. Why not just make them different tokens based on difficulty?
    Because none of the Seraph Guardians scale to the player's level; Gearbox doesn't want 61s beating the crap out of a 32-Hyperius and get rewarded for it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    Assault on Dragon Keep quest question:
    So, I'm in the Dwarven area right now. I have the quest to assemble the beard parts into a beard for the wizard (Claptrap) and the quest to get the last two runes to open the door. Both quest objectives are located in a part of the map that I cannot find a way to and seemingly cannot access. The only thing I can think of is a gate near the building where you punch the Dwarven leader, but it's still shut. Any help with what I'm missing?

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Im on the PC kind ser.

if you're going to cheese to that extent might as well just say fuck it and fire up an editor to give yourself whatever you want

Meh, I put cycling saves for quest rewards on the same level as turn-in-but-quitting-before-save on xbox and ps3. You aren't manufacturing new, impossible guns; you're still working within the confines of the game.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    Metallikat wrote: »
    Assault on Dragon Keep quest question:
    So, I'm in the Dwarven area right now. I have the quest to assemble the beard parts into a beard for the wizard (Claptrap) and the quest to get the last two runes to open the door. Both quest objectives are located in a part of the map that I cannot find a way to and seemingly cannot access. The only thing I can think of is a gate near the building where you punch the Dwarven leader, but it's still shut. Any help with what I'm missing?

I had this problem too , just continue along the path up the mountain and you will find your way , really wished the waypoints were more clear when they are on a higher level of the map. Took me forever to get out of this map.

• Options
    Whoever designed the Forge area in Torgue's needs punched. Overly long and waaaaaay too many enemies.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    If you want Seraph items, apparently! Does't make a lot of sense, really. Why not just make them different tokens based on difficulty?
    Because none of the Seraph Guardians scale to the player's level; Gearbox doesn't want 61s beating the crap out of a 32-Hyperius and get rewarded for it.

Wait, so it is retroactive? o_O

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Whoever designed the Forge area in Torgue's needs punched. Overly long and waaaaaay too many enemies.

I got a level 50 siren mod to dupe. There is a trick so I don't lose mine.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options

I got a level 50 siren mod to dupe. There is a trick so I don't lose mine.

Not really into duped items. It's just a thing for me.

• Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    Im on the PC kind ser.

Meh, I put cycling saves for quest rewards on the same level as turn-in-but-quitting-before-save on xbox and ps3. You aren't manufacturing new, impossible guns; you're still working within the confines of the game.

So err...I'm making profile.bin readonly to protect my golden keys and giving myself a nice purple set of weapons if I get really stuck. Well I did it the first time out of curiosity about how keys worked, never used them before. I did it at level nineteen again yesterday when I had all greens and whites and enemies started taking over half a full magazine each to kill.

I also cloned my save and used that guy to loot so as not to corrupt badass ranks and stashed them over to the non-clone when done.

I don't really want to play anyone but Axton so far and it's nice to be able twink my first serious character a little. Cheesy be damned...I don't want to slog though uphill battles all the time and it's not like you can even grind for gear when you're low because very soon you're no longer low.

I am still playing the game and not editing past the game but if I go another 20 quests and bosses or so and end up 5-10 levels higher without any upgrades the purples are likely to come out again. I'm using it super sparingly and probably will stop altogether when I get to a high level with a decent variety of grinding options because obviously it's more fun to loot out of the game but there you go.

After D3 I really don't care about purism that much and just want to have more fun than grind.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Reading a list of skills detailed on Reddit, and I am sad to learn:
    Scorched Earth
    Equipping your turret with rocked pods also decreases the damage the gun of the turret does by 13%

Double Up
    This upgrade also decreases the turret gun damage by 13%. This results in a 74% increased damage for having 2 guns rather than the 100% increase that you would expect.
    If you combine this with rocket pods then you will be only getting 54% increased turret gun damage.
    All of that does not mean that rocket pods are not worth it.

But my Torgue shotgun is pleased to hear
    Steady
    This skill states that it increases grenade damage, that is true, but that bonus grenade damage also applies to the explosive round of TORGUE weapons and Tediore reload explosions.

Do or die
    Same thing as Steady.

Battlefront
    Same as the two above, but it also gives gun damage, that means that TORGUE weapons double dip with this skill for a massive damage increase.

Also Deathtrap just as horrifying as expected.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Double Up and Scorched Earth both decrease the amount of "gun" damage your turrets deal, but Double Up also spreads slag around the battlefield which dramatically increases overall DPS, so you definitely come out ahead in terms of damage output overall.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »

Wait, so it is retroactive? o_O
    What's retroactive?

If you're a Lv. 61, you can go back into Normal and clear out any missions you didn't up until that point, with little to no trouble.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Scorched Earth
    Equipping your turret with rocked pods also decreases the damage the gun of the turret does by 13%

Double Up
    This upgrade also decreases the turret gun damage by 13%. This results in a 74% increased damage for having 2 guns rather than the 100% increase that you would expect.
    If you combine this with rocket pods then you will be only getting 54% increased turret gun damage.

Steady
    This skill states that it increases grenade damage, that is true, but that bonus grenade damage also applies to the explosive round of TORGUE weapons and Tediore reload explosions.

Do or die
    Same thing as Steady.

Battlefront
    Same as the two above, but it also gives gun damage, that means that TORGUE weapons double dip with this skill for a massive damage increase.

Do they have one of these for Maya?

• Options
    Scorched Earth

Double Up

Steady

Do or die
    Same thing as Steady.

Battlefront

Do they have one of these for Maya?

It's in the link.

• Options
    the wildlife preserve just went apeshit on me to a degree that's nothing short of astonishing

pimon and tumba spawned, along with seven or eight rabid stalkers

to put this into perspective, my explosive specced axton with a DP Harold was having issues with enemy health regen

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    the wildlife preserve just went apeshit on me to a degree that's nothing short of astonishing

to put this into perspective, my explosive specced axton with a DP Harold was having issues with enemy health regen

I'm bored El. Take me with you!

On another note, does anyone know of any non expiring Shift Codes besides the ones on this page?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/borderlands-2/SHiFT_Codes_and_Golden_Keys

• Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Elendil wrote: »

I'm bored El. Take me with you!

On another note, does anyone know of any non expiring Shift Codes besides the ones on this page?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/borderlands-2/SHiFT_Codes_and_Golden_Keys

I used this page as I just started and wound up with 37 keys including the one from signing up for Shift.

Otaking on