Options

There is a brand new STEAM thread for this sale now

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Thanks to @Iolo for Fallout: New Vegas. I had this on PS3 before said console died and ate my saves, so he's saved me from the horrible fate of completing the most recent game in first RPG franchise I ever played on a console.

shdwcaster on
  • Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    alright everyone im going to bed. have a good night and ill try to catch up to everything tomorow sometime.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    So now that I have an Awesome theme song being composed by @Ruiner999 and possible Roguelike play throughs by @Milski... I'm going to throw this out here: If you have some artistic ability and no funds to donate at this time, I'll donate for you in exchange for something cool.

hmmmmm... i'll get back to you. I don't really have the materials to do anything by hand because i gave away most of my stuff when i moved. but I'll see what kind of setup I can commit to. If I can figure out something then I may be open to illustration. If not then I may still be available for design work.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Ruiner999 wrote: »
    Ruiner999 wrote: »
    I don't have a means to donate currently, but I'll tell you something I will do. For a paltry donation of $10 to this cause, I'll write a song complete with lyrics, vocals, and a bitching solo to be the theme of this horrible game's playing. Also, for paltrier donations of $5 to this cause, I'll write you your own theme song, replete with "[Blank] is the best!" and gang vocals. All songs will be offered up for free download on Soundcloud in WAV, FLAC, and MP3 so you can hear how awful I am.

I'm already in for a Benjamin but put me down for another $5 so that @Ruiner999 has to write me my own theme song!
    Also, as an additional minor incentive for roguelike fans: for every dollar you give and mention me with an @Milski, I will run 1 character of your choice in 1 free roguelike of your choice (or Dredmore, and I loathe Dredmore) and give you a brief epithet of their inevitable failure.

Hell, for an extra Dollar I get @Milski to play through Dredmore as Me and get his Epitaph? Put me in for another $1 for NetHack as well.. and while we're at it Elona too. That's what $3 total?

I'm not a Pizza hut; I don't mind if you claim two offers at once.

If you want another five characters to go along with your song, be my guest. And if you want any specifics on the characters, feel free.

I'll just take the 3 run throughs though. How about

Dredmore: Thrown Weapons, Dual Weapons, Vampirism, Psionics, Assassination, Burglary and Tinkering
    NetHack: Samurai and however you see fit to go from there.
    Elona: Fairy, Pianist and however you wanna go from there.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Fairy... pianist.

What the hell am I about to get into.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    That Rouge video made me never want to hear or read the word "fuck" after I finish this post.

That said, its really fucking weird that I can buy B:AC with all DLC for $60+ for my bro's 360, 360's disc drive can die, and now I buy that same game and DLC for $5. This is the world we live in.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    That Rouge video made me never want to hear or read the word "fuck" after I finish this post.

That said, its really fucking weird that I can buy B:AC with all DLC for $60+ for my bro's 360, 360's disc drive can die, and now I buy that same game and DLC for $5. This is the world we live in.

This is exactly why we collectively have $1715 laying around to give away.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Descendant X: Hi guys.
    Descendant X: I finished Spec Ops.
    Drake puts his hand on Desc's shoulder
    Drake: It's time to go home soldier
    InitiateFailure: Hi guy! I'm sorry
    Descendant X: I was given targets, and I took the shots. I think I did what I was supposed to do.
    InitiateFailure: do you even remember why you came here?
    Descendant X: I don't know if I want to know what that says about me as a person.
    Descendant X: bloody hell.
    Descendant X: What a game.

I'm going to bed now.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    If the thread is this generous right now I'm terrified as to what's going to happen when the winter sale starts.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    If the thread is this generous right now I'm terrified as to what's going to happen when the winter sale starts.

We may reach some sort of generosity singularity.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Many thanks to @lolo for classing me something fierce with Fallout: New Vegas!

Shade on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

That's how I always feel. This thread is bananas.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    @Vegan is a super lucky fellow, his name was drawn on the Chains giveaway!

Oh and in the meantime:
    signature.png

iRevert on
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    TGD6z.png

Do not try to 100% the game offday. Just completing the game is painful enough.

I wanted to punch my monitor near the end. I still kinda do.

Damn it Isorn, now I have to run that damn thing again

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    signature.png
    Congratulations to the winners of my Magicka giveaway! @Elimination @Doodmann @Caedwyr

I have sent Steam friend invites to you all so that I can gift you the game, but if sending by email is easier just let me know.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Where others think of themselves, we think of the many.
    Where others ask, "how much is it," we ask, "how many can I buy?"
    Where others flood tumbler and facebook with shallow plays at intellectualism, self idolatry, and the latest memes, we flood the inventory of friends and family with the great, the cheap, and the overlooked (plus the horrible abominations).

We are Arcadians, we are adventures, we are humble, we are generous.

We serve the Newell

• Options
    I'm installing Bad Rats right now, I have to try it at least once.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    @Banzai5150, first epitaph for the Elona playthrough:

Banzai the fairy pianist was never the smartest, or the best at reading a crowd, but she had a dream to share her unique brand of music with the world. After setting off from the broken and messy cave she called home, she saw her calling on a quest board in a nearby town; a job to entertain guests at a party. However, she was booed offstage near immediately. But one minor setback wouldn't cause Banzai to give up! She went to the local pub to ply her trade and make some small coin. While there, an unappreciative rogue named Loyter threw a rock at her, cleaving her in twain. With her dying breath, she expressed shock at her situation, saying "but I thought... everyone liked... Nickelback covers."

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    @Banzai5150, first epitaph for the Elona playthrough:

Banzai the fairy pianist was never the smartest, or the best at reading a crowd, but she had a dream to share her unique brand of music with the world. After setting off from the broken and messy cave she called home, she saw her calling on a quest board in a nearby town; a job to entertain guests at a party. However, she was booed offstage near immediately. But one minor setback wouldn't cause Banzai to give up! She went to the local pub to ply her trade and make some small coin. While there, an unappreciative rogue named Loyter threw a rock at her, cleaving her in twain. With her dying breath, she expressed shock at her situation, saying "but I thought... everyone liked... Nickelback covers."

Well done!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Where others think of themselves, we think of the many.
    Where others ask, "how much is it," we ask, "how many can I buy?"
    Where others flood tumbler and facebook with shallow plays at intellectualism, self idolatry, and the latest memes, we flood the inventory of friends and family with the great, the cheap, and the overlooked (plus the horrible abominations).
    We are Arcadians, we are adventures, we are humble, we are generous.

We serve the Newell

Sigged

Edited a little for size
    also edited so that "many" didn't follow "many"

Shade on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

We may reach some sort of generosity singularity.

Sadly, I won't be able to participate in the Wintery shenanigans, I went a bit LA-LA a little while ago. And then this Childs Play thing comes up and I wanna give everything to this. Do we have a deadline for when the donations need to go in?

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I'm going to set the deadline for the Steam Thread Bad Rats Charity Drive as whenever the winter sale starts.

Which would be the 20th.

Not like there's any real limiting factor to this deadline, just that that's the point by which the Bad Rats LP is supposed to be completed. I think you mentioned waiting on the 21st, so I don't think anyone will have a problem swinging a day.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Seeing all of the bad game induced misery in this thread inspired me to boot up Secret of the Magic Crystals. I think I recieved it in an indie game bundle with Crayon Physics several sales ago.

Things were off to a pretty good start with the names of the graphics settings:

654Wr.jpg

And the game's intro slideshow involved both A) a meteor with the ability to mutate horses falling to earth, and B) Your college professor Grandpa being laughed off of campus when no one would believe his theories about magic horses.

I was secretly hoping that it would turn out to be fun pet sim with RPG elements... but it's excruciatingly boring to play. I think the game only has one piece of music that loops endlessly, slowly chipping away at your sanity as you return to the stable to brush your horse to renew its will to live every time you complete a minigame.

So naturally, everyone I know is getting a copy for Christmas! Bring on Secret of the Magic Crystals 2.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    @Vegan is a super lucky fellow, his name was drawn on the Chains giveaway!

Oh and in the meantime:
    signature.png

Two in a row! This is kind of embarrassing! I will ruminate on what to give back to the community.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Wow guys, this has gotten out of control is a great way. Well done. I also vote for Farming Simulator 2013 because that game will NEVER end, so long as people need to eat.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    So, speaking of bank robberies and the use of ensuing monies...

I realized that I hadn't done anything too stupid in a while, and came to the decision that 24" wasn't enough monitor. Turns out a 32" tv is fucking huge when it's two feet in front of your face. Huge and beautiful and huge.

Bad Rats is going to look great on that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Gah, thread shot up ten pages while I was at work. Still time to get in on @anoffday submitting to cruel and unusual punishment for charity?

I'm in for $100 if so. Is anybody coordinating the donations, or are they just going straight to Child's Play?

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    There's a google docs spreadsheet floating around, and most pages have an update. With your donation I think we'd be at around 1800; at 2500 Raz has to do a Let's Play with his brother in addition to one he already promised for 1250, and I believe me and a couple other forum members have promised to do Let's Plays at the 2k mark. There's also one member who was offering custom songs for donations, and I've offered to run and probably horribly kill 1 character in a roguelike of your choice for every dollar you donate if you want.

So basically, yeah, it's still going on. We are, incredibly classily, torturing ourselves and others for charity.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Excellent, I'll go do that before punching out. Is a screenshot of the confirmation page good for proof, or is there anything specific that's needed?

• Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    I like that we have added stretch goals to this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think the easiest way to do it would be to donate directly, and then submit proof to... someone, I dunno.

• Options
    simacsimac Registered User regular
    Wow. I wake up and the original goals are long gone!

Christmas will be spent watching generous souls playing awful games. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

• Options
    I guess here's as good a place as any. Photobucket loves to compress these things, let me know if it's not clear enough.

You gonna carry that weight, @anoffday.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I thought donations were going in after the LP was done?

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I thought the same Isy, I guess it doesn't matter either way

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I plan on donating once the LP is complete.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Yep. LP first, donations second. A lot riding on the line...

What about X-Com Enforcer for one of the various stetch goal LPs?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    So... "The Road"...

Spec Ops doesn't pull any punches now does it?

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    So... "The Road"...

Spec Ops doesn't pull any punches now does it?

It does not.

• Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    Yep. LP first, donations second. A lot riding on the line...

What about X-Com Enforcer for one of the various stetch goal LPs?

Bollocks, jumped the gun. Oh well, live and learn.

Anyway, it is amazing that this thing now has stretch goals. Just a spur-of-the-moment promise that snowballed into its own charitable event. That meets the classic definition of awesome, that of 'awe-inspiring.' This is a great idea and you folks are a great community for coming up with it.

This discussion has been closed.