As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is a brand new STEAM thread for this sale now

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Elin for Patrician III and @Emberquick for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    So I took up that Gamestop offer and traded in some games that I haven't played in a while and added some funds to my steam wallet. Looks like I'll be gifting some lucky individuals this year after all. Just gotta wait for the right game to come along!
    Super nice deal.
    Bethesda New Year Collection €26.42

Brink Complete Pack
    €33.47
    33%
    Dishonored™
    €29.95
    DOOM 3 BFG Edition
    €9.95
    Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
    €17.48
    50%
    Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
    €19.95
    Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
    €19.95
    RAGE
    €9.99
    Rogue Warrior
    €11.94
    40%
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
    €16.74
    33%
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
    €49.95
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-BETHESDANYC/bethesda-new-year-collection-bundle

Why isn't this on Steam? :(

Almost all of those games are Steamworks.

I think Gamersgate has crashed though, it won't load up the site for me. I wonder if this is a pricing error.

I don't have the money for it. I saw that trading in games at Gamestop will give me extra credit for Steam so I only have money on Steam. I want some games in that bundle, and the ones I don't want would make great gifts.

Thought, if it is a pricing error, I won't be too upset.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    So I took up that Gamestop offer and traded in some games that I haven't played in a while and added some funds to my steam wallet. Looks like I'll be gifting some lucky individuals this year after all. Just gotta wait for the right game to come along!
    Super nice deal.

Brink Complete Pack
    €33.47
    33%
    Dishonored™
    €29.95
    DOOM 3 BFG Edition
    €9.95
    €17.48
    50%
    €19.95
    €19.95
    RAGE
    €9.99
    Rogue Warrior
    €11.94
    40%
    €16.74
    33%
    €49.95

I think Gamersgate has crashed though, it won't load up the site for me. I wonder if this is a pricing error.

Probably cause us Americans couldn't figure out what € meant. I mean it looks like croissants.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Gah, being giftbombed all over
    Thanks @inksplat for Qube and @Elin for drakensang and DLC

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Well I have $40 of my Steam Christmas money left after buying gifts. I really need this sale to hit the top half of my wishlist.

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Super nice deal.

Brink Complete Pack
    €33.47
    33%
    Dishonored™
    €29.95
    DOOM 3 BFG Edition
    €9.95
    €17.48
    50%
    €19.95
    €19.95
    RAGE
    €9.99
    Rogue Warrior
    €11.94
    40%
    €16.74
    33%
    €49.95

Probably cause us Americans couldn't figure out what € meant. I mean it looks like croissants.

It's not croissants? What the fuck am I supposed to do with all these croissants, then?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    starting a game of Ignite up now if anyone wants to join in?

we couldn't get ignite multi going, has anybody had it working?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    I hear you Ceno, @Gear Girl took care of my number 1, BL2 Season pass (thanks again, you classhole). I'm now in deadlocks with Xcom being on sale (on steam only cause steamwallet/Gamestop thing also).

That or I'll get 2 other games on the wishlist.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Gamersgate still has the same price showing for me, just loading slow because people are pounding the buy button

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Anyone picked up that pack yet?

Would like to know if it's a single key or individual keys for each game.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I have that bundle reading $28.76. Crazy!

Zenitram on
  • Options
    I'm trying to buy it, but it's not loading.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Got home from work long ago and am happy to see that many people are now making one of the Ys games their "Y" game in their Steam library. Both games are excellent.
    Marty81 wrote: »
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    ETA: I was going to ask what the deal with Ys...is, but then I realised that would be an awful pun. Can someone tell me what Ys is ?

It's a long-running action RPG series with an emphasis on action. In the older games, even at max level you had to be really quick and precise during boss battles. This video sold Milski on the game. Based on the first couple games in the series, I can recommend it to anyone with a love of action RPGs and frantic, difficult boss battles.

Anyone who enjoys action RPGs should buy Ys Origin. It fixes the issues Oath had with "unfair" (or "boring," depending on how you look at it) boss battles and is just superior to Oath in every way - boss battles, difficulty curve, story, unlockables, replay value. Everything.

I can't agree with "everything" here -- I think the music in Oath of Felghana is better overall. As someone else said earlier, music is pretty important in the Ys series.

• Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Thanks to @Elin for Patrician III and @Emberquick for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

No, no, no. Thank *you* for buying on that Torchlight II pack. A class act to be sure.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Gamersgate is kaput.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    darn it if that just hit a few days from now I'd be all over it... the only games I have in the whole set are new Vegas and rage!

• Options
    I'm trying to buy it, but it's not loading.

Me too. Will this work in the US or is it a Europe thing?

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Double post, sorry. That site is fragged.

Ceno on
  • Options
    I wait and wait for it to load, and now it says I got my password wrong and my account is locked for 24 hours?!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    darn it if that just hit a few days from now I'd be all over it... the only games I have in the whole set are new Vegas and rage!

Yeah, if this had hit a few days from now this would've been heavenly.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Well steam is borked, not letting me buy things.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Too many deals.

SHUT DOWN THE INTERNET.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    641 new from last night! I'm sad I was stuck driving all day. Anyway, I have to say holy crap thank you so much to @Gear Girl for the gift of Far Cry 3. And also to @Hyperion for the gift of Ys: The Oath in Felghana. I'm speechless. I don't even know what to say to you guys except for thank you so much. Tomorrow I'll be at my parents and be able to hook up the computer. I'm so excited to play these games.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Think Borderlands 2 will go cheaper at some point?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Not on Steam (not soon anyway). Maybe on GMG or some other site.

I'd be surprised if it goes lower anywhere than the 4 pack price of 22.50 the rest of this year.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Too many deals.

SHUT DOWN THE INTERNET.

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    For anyone who's not able to snag that Bethesda pack, take solace that at least you won't have Rogue Warrior in your Steam library.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Wow. Having trouble with steam. I think it's kinda busy right now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Anyone played the HAWX games on the PC? are they shitty ports like alot of ports now a days and are they a decent game?

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    To repeat what others have asked... if anyone's managed to snag it let us know if single key or multiple. I might just take the chance, as I want dishonored and skyrim althorugh it's outside my budget at the moment, but... if I get that gifting potential with it... I'll make it work:)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sounds like they fixed it. I gave up after the site just refused to load for me.

Man... I really just wanted all the Elder Scrolls stuff. I traded in my PS3 copy of Skyrim pretty early on due to the whole "unplayable" thing. Plus, turns out no DLC.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Not this sale. 4 pack is as cheap as it'll get.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Thanks @testsubject23 for the Airmech pack that was waiting for me earlier today as I got to my computer. I wanted to chat you up and thank you in person-ish, but I missed you online.

So thanks! I'm looking forward to trying some of those goodies out.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »
    Anyone played the HAWX games on the PC? are they shitty ports like alot of ports now a days and are they a decent game?

Don't know, but just bought the first one to be safe. We shall see!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Just a reminder, the Social Entropy Solid Saints auction should probably be starting up sometime after Christmas, and last year they had a pretty good sized Steam game bundle up for bid. This year I think we can get an even better one together. For those that don't know, or don't wanna click the link, it's an auction set up by the forumers that gives the proceeds to Child's Play. I don't remember the totals from last year, but it was like, 10k at least I think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    Sounds like they fixed it. I gave up after the site just refused to load for me.

Man... I really just wanted all the Elder Scrolls stuff. I traded in my PS3 copy of Skyrim pretty early on due to the whole "unplayable" thing. Plus, turns out no DLC.

Its still showing for me when I can manage to get the page loaded. Just haven't gotten it to accept my log in for checkout.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Any thoughts on the non-SplinterCell Tom Clancy games? I could always use more shooters to not play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I walk away to TCB, and you guys post 500 times. Wut.

signature.png

This is still a thing. I'd guess most people have it, though, and that I'm the only person to never play Monkey Island.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    If you're into the Tactical FPS genre, you can't go wrong with Rainbow 6: 3. A classic.

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.