As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Christmas [Miniphalla] - Do It Yourself 3: With a vengeance. GAME OVER - Host Victory!

romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
edited December 2012 in Critical Failures

It's that time of year again. Grab your Christmas Spirit™ and get involved. Just don't sit too close to your creepy Uncle again. We don't want a repeat of last year.

christmasintro.jpg

What is This?

This is a MiniPhalla for up to 25 people. See here for information on what a Phalla is.

This is the sequel to this game and this game so you're encouraged to read some of those if you want a good idea as to what goes on.

The Catch

Rather than me assigning roles, each person will make his own role and send it to me in a PM.

I will then collect all the roles and 'balance' them. This 'balancing' might take a variety of forms. I might impose some bizarre restriction on what you sent me, modify it slightly or just flat out ignore your sugestion and give you nothing.

The only direct rule on role choice that exists is that, as this is a Christmas themed game, Your role must be at least loosely christmas (or holiday/whatever the politically correct term is) themed.

You're welcome to suggest win condition/faction along with your role but don't be surprised if that changes.The roles of each faction really depend on what gets sent in by everyone.

Ok, so how do i play?

Once you PM me your role submission, i'll add you to the player list. Signing up is entirely optional and does nothing other than letting me (and others) that you'd like to play.

The bare minimum you need to send me is a character name and a brief description.
Obviously the more you send (i.e powers, win conditions/alignment etc) the more your character is in your control rather than mine.

At the end I'll share all the roles and my favourite one will win best role PM. Here and here are the past two winning roles.

Helpful tips on making a submission
  • BE CREATIVE! The more creative you are, the more likely I am to give you what you submit or atleast more of it. Also don't worry about the strength of the connection with Christmas, last year the best role was someone from a different holiday who just mixed it up. I allowed it because it was really creative. See where I'm going with this?
  • BE UNIQUE! Powers like vigs and seers are really strong. But they're also likely to be requested a lot, and that means people gettting hit with the 'balancing' stick. Here is a pretty good list of mafia(the game not faction) roles that you can use for inspiration.
  • You can contact me for advice on your role before submitting it. I generally have a good idea on how strong I want to make each role and I can lead you to that.

RULES:
    • No anonymous contact. PMs, proboards, IRC or IMs etc are all allowed as long as both players talking know who the other is in game. Additionally, i ask that you send me links to any proboards you create.
    • Don't use the 'add to conversation feature in a conversation that's already been started. It allows you to prove what someone said in a way that shouldn't be possible.
    • No screenshotting or direct quoting of your role PM or any other information I send you. You are allowed to paraphrase it however, unless i state otherwise but no madlibs or trying to use my wording to prove anything.
    • Dead players may not converse with living players and vice versa. When you die, whatever you know dies with you. Ghost posts are tolerated but they must not contain anything game related.
    • Voting is done in bold red. Retracting can be done in bold lime but is not required, just revote.
    • Posts containing a vote cannot be edited. You are not allowed to delete posts.
    • Clarifications should be asked in bold orange.
    • You must make ONE vote each day. There is no minimum post number, but if I feel you are not contributing to the game enough I will send you a warning (not the same as an inactivity notice). If you fail to meet these requirements you will have 12 hours to respond to my inactivity notice PM or I will contact a reserve to replace you.

VOTE CLOSE will be at 11Pm EST(American)

For convenience sake, if you want to PM me individually, please reply to your role PM. It makes it easier if i have one PM strand from each player.

Village Win condition:

Bring vengeance to those that would tarnish the Christmas spirit.

romanqwerty on

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Player List:
    • Anialos
    • I Needed a Name to Post
    • Enlightenedbum
    • Assuran - Yukon Cornelius - Burned
    • Jdarksun - John Mclane - H.O.L.L.Y. virus
    • Kilnaga - Heat Miser - Mobbed
    • Typhus733 - Krampus - H.O.L.L.Y. virus
    • Obifett
    • tzeenchling - Stable elf - mobbed
    • Langly - Billy Mack - H.O.L.L.Y. virus
    • Macallan - Spirit of Egg Nog - accidentally caught in the Mob
    • Capfalcon - Vengeful Turkey - turns out he couldn't live without his head after all.
    • Baidol - Ghost of Phallamas yet to come - Burned
    • Lucedes
    • Ominous Lozenge
    • Zombie Hero
    • Slym - Black Friday - Mobbed
    • JaysonFour - Christmas Songwriter - Mobbed
    • undergroundmonorail
    • 38thDoe - Cthulu Claws - H.O.L.L.Y. virus
    • GandalftheCrazed
    • Premium
    • Egos
    • Spoit
    • Corvidae - Krampthulhu - Mobbed
    • The_Anonymous - Host to the H.O.L.L.Y. Virus - Thrown out by the Mob

Reserves:
    Mild Confusion, Void Slayer, Stever777, Gizzy

Narrations:
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5

romanqwerty on
  • MacallanMacallan Registered User regular
    PM is coming shortly

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Count me in!
    Gotta put some thought into the role, but I'm on it.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Let's get stupid crazy.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I'm in

I know what I'm going to be, I just need to put some thought into the role.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Sign up! I have an idea for a role, I just need to figure out the mechanics.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    doin this

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

liEt3nH.png
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Signup

And ideas I do have

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    This time, the Christmas Spirit will prevail

I forgot to mention this before, but you are under no circumstances allowed to share your PM submissions or anything related to them with anyone else before the game has started, after which normal rules apply.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    hope i made it

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

steam_sig.png
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    SANTA ARRIVES... or at least I hope to, will submit something in the morning :D

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    siiign

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Made it!

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Hope I made it...

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    SIGN

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• MacallanMacallan Registered User regular
    PM sent! Let's do this crazy thing!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    is it too late to signup?

we'll see!

...looks like 23, so far? still room.

Lucedes on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Want to play, but cannot due to time constraints and ongoing things. Watching with interest!

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Yes

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Role sent in. This should be fun...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    I'm so in you don't even know

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Want to play, but cannot due to time constraints and ongoing things. Watching with interest!

You'll always regret not playing in these. You should play!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

4ish spots left. i'm going out for 1-2hours. Hopefully I have those PMs by the time I get back. If there's more than four, preference will be given to those who've signed up followed by order I get the PM.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    wooioooo

premium on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Is it too late to do this?

Been lurking for a small bit and this sounds fun!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    please please please please signup?

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    What are the odds someone is going to get an infraction before this is over for trying to impersonate @Robot santa?

steam_sig.png
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    What if I mimick Chanuka Zombie?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    Alright, All spots are filled.

Balancing as we speak.

Some of you may start getting your PMs back. No talking about them until I post Day 0 narration.

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Ahh noo too late, damn the bus, well I will be watching with a vengeance.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!