As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tetris thread or other addicting games that cause you too lose sleep at night...

lancasterlancaster Registered User regular
well hello there, I am a Tetris fanatic, I just absolutely love me some tetris, I can't get enough of it, and I found tetrisfriends.com and that is an amazing place to play tetris, they have 1vs1 or a 6 player versus, it is just simply awesome with many ways to play tetris
well my tetrisfriends name is lancaster_
and if any of you guys want to get down in some tetris let me know.

or you know, just talk about addicting games that make you loose sleep at night, and when I do get some sleep, the whole time I am dreaming of Tetris, or as a documentary I saw on Tetris ecstasyoforder.com said, when you dream of tetris that is your brains way of storing those moves into your memory for future use.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    my addictive game is making too many threads

you're way better than me at it, though

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    OP lacks content

• Options
    well how do i delete it then?

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    my addictive game is making too many threads

you're way better than me at it, though

He's only made 2, man

When I play too much of a certain game (like Tetris), I also have dreams about that game

I played Bejeweled too much a while ago

I dreamt of shiny things for like a week

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I wind up hearing phantom sounds of the game music if I play one too long.

Happened a lot with Harvest Moon

• Options
    I notice that after having Tetris dreams I always seem to be more efficient with my playing afterwards, that and able to move faster too.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »

Brain spiders

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »

I get music stuck in my head if I play a game too much, recently I blasted through the first 8 worlds of super mario 3d land getting all the gold coins in 3 days and by the end found myself humming the music randomly.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    HEY HEY

YOU YOU

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I DON'T LIKE YOUR GAME THREADS

e: fucking post timer ruining my shit: EDITING NEW POST IN HERE

I played a shit load of tetris DS a few years ago, and I put maybe 10 hours into Ginormo Sword when it was A Thing. Dota is my current sleep-loss aid.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    I've actually been playing Harvest Moon instead of going to bed lately.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i play a lot of street fighter

lots and lots and lots and lots of street fighter

also dark souls and the binding of isaac

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    For about a year I played Tetris on an old Game Boy every night. I'd play until I would complete type B level 9-5. Even if it meant I'd stay up another hour, I would finish that difficulty. For the rest of my life, I know I will see tetris shapes in tiles. I still love tetris and I'm excited to play the Tetris arcade game at my local game store/arcade. I haven't played that since high school.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    it would be the minecraft

just gotta

clear out this 9x9x5 space real quick let me just clear out these coal veins now wait do I want this room even or odd symmetrical you know what I don't have a squid aquarium yet ah but it won't work without more lightstone speaking of how are my glass levels oh wait I think it's time for the harvest agh I can't leave the stragglers you know I think I could stand to tweak the carrot/potato to wheat ratio in the underground farm actually while I'm down here let's pad out the mushrooms and netherwort I think I should maintain 27 of every potion in reserve I'll need a new chest arrangement screw it I'll just extend the storage pattern down another level

just gotta

clear out this 9x9x5 space real quick

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I am not a fan of the entire "things falling from the sky" genre of puzzle games

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    The XCOM battle music that sounds like it was from Deus Ex was stuck in my head for weeks

l3icwZV.png