As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video sites other than youtube and video editing software

WarponyWarpony Too small.The MoonRegistered User regular
Does anyone know of other sites besides youtube where I can upload videos to showcase? It could be a nice alternative to that site to be honest. Also, I am tired of windows movie maker but not sure what else I can use that could help me making videos better. Any suggestions? Even if its a trial I would love to try and see that there can be better alternatives to that awful program, thanks in advance.

• Options
    defreakdefreak Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I've never used it personally, but I know people who used vimeo before and loved it, I'm pretty sure they have free membership along with paid ones.

I make a lot of sports highlight videos, and I recently switched from WMM to Adobe Premiere Elements 11, because I needed something that can handle AVCHD. I'm still getting used to where everything is at, but no complaints so far. They have a 30 day trial version you can use, fully functional, just has a watermark.

It was on sale for $40 when I bought it.

defreak on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    I like Sony Vegas for video editing, but it doesn't have the most user friendly interface. A lot of power for the price, though, and you can do a lot with it if you're willing to endure some initial learning curve.

• Options
    gameenthusiastgameenthusiast Registered User new member
    For video editing there are a lot of good software, I've heard Sony Vegas is good but haven't tried it
    Other video sharing websites:
    Metacafe
    Vimeo
    Veoh
    DailyMotion
    Screencast
    Flickr (Yes Flickr) it has video sharing as well

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    I've seen some stuff hosted on bliptv as well. They seem to work fairly well and can be embedded in other pages.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Another vote for Vimeo.

• Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    The following applications, some free, others not, do a very good job if you know what you are doing:

1. Virtualdub (lots of plugins free for things like adding a logo, removing a logo, enhancing colors, etc), it can be used to create avi, MP4)
    or feed another application through a process called Frameserving.
    2. HC mpeg encoder (needs a gui) and only encodes video.
    3. TMPGEnc (there is free version which is old, but very good for mpeg, DVD quality encoding)
    4. TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress (very expensive, but very powerful, flexible, can use NVIdia video cards GPU for faster filtering)
    5. Handbrake (free, very fast, can convert to several formats)

Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!