Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

[TRENCHES] Tuesday, January 1, 2013 - wubba. wubba. wubba.

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited January 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub
wubba. wubba. wubba.

wubba. wubba. wubba.
http://trenchescomic.com/comic/post/wubba.-wubba.-wubba

DAVEBOT 4000

Anonymous

My company hired a director to oversee a large and budding portion of our team. This was a man with very little experience in the industry, but had come from a managerial background at an aerospace company. What those who hired him did not understand is that he was likely the single most condescending and passively sexist/racist person I’ve ever known. I’m also not sure he ever did a days work in his life.

What made him more interesting was his typical day. It was so regimented that we decided he was very likely a robot and created a workflow to show how his programming functioned.

1. Davebot arrives at work, walks in the front door.

2. Davebot looks to see who is around.
2A. If no one is around, Davebot heads to his desk to fiddle with his phone.
2B. If someone is around, Davebot’s insult programming is initiated. Pick from one of the following insults:
I. “Hello cupcake”
II. “Hey Ladies”
III. “I thought turtlenecks went out of style”

3. If Davebot has not already gone to his desk, head to desk and commence fiddling with his phone.

4. Davebot is bored, Davebot stands up and walks to the desk of one of his employees.
4A. If she is there, sit down, steal snacks and begin gossip protocol.
4B. if she is not there, head to the kitchen and get a Talking Rain Sparkling water.

5. If 4A was accomplished follow up with 4B.

6. Circle the office and reinitiate insult programming (there’s now a bigger audience to choose from).

7. Once insult programming has been executed, head back to desk and commence smart phone fiddling.

8. 15 minutes later, recycle to Step 4 of Davebot programming.

9. Cycle through stages 4 through 7 until 1 PM and initiate exit strategy.

10. Head to managers desk and invite to drinks.
10A. If accepted, leave for the day and head to the bar.
10B. If not accepted, head back to desk and retry in 30 minutes.

11. Once the bar protocol has been executed, stay at bar for the next 5-7 hours, or until intoxicated enough to avoid Davebot’s crappy existence.

12. Get in car, Drive home (drunk) and commence hibernation.

This was literally an everyday occurrence. We actually timed it.

Geth on

• marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    I see the casual sexism, but where's the passive racism I was promised?

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Maybe we have to hope for Davebot part 2.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Maybe "cupcakes" is really a racial slur?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    If you know a guy is drunk driving maybe call the police.

Just a thought.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Maybe "cupcakes" is really a racial slur?

'Cupcake' is usually a term of endearment for someone, but I mean, usually it's someone you're close to. Otherwise it sounds, uh, condescending.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I'm sure Chris Mathews can find a way that it's somehow racist :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    In all fairness to DaveBot, turtlenecks did go out of style.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • wormspeakerwormspeaker Objectively Terrible Registered User regular
    The OP should have just informed the people who hired him. And do it quickly before he has time to become friends with them by taking them out drinking every day.

• fezz1kfezz1k Registered User new member
    Not that I condone the behavior as described, but.. that's not very efficient programming, even for a simple task based robot. Perhaps some criticism was valid, even if it was delivered in the wrong way?

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    he was likely the single most condescending and passively sexist/racist person I’ve ever known.
    Davebot sounds like my kind of guy.

• TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    I cast Life-2 on this old thread!

Just wanted to point out a bug. If you are browsing the Trenches archives and you reach this comic, wubba. wubba. wubba., You will indeed get it, along with around 99 other Trenches comics.
    You can check out the bug here: http://trenchescomic.com/comic/post/wubba.-wubba.-wubba
    I presume the bug is due to the periods in the comic's title.