Options

Strap on a job helmet and squeeze down into a job cannon [Job Thread]

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    That's just... Who does something like that? I cannot wrap my head around it.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Throwing up at a sizzler is one thing. Hell, it's almost expected.

But... hiding it... under lettuce? Which someone could lift up thinking "Alright gonna get some sweet greens in my mouth."?

That is a whole other level of nasty.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I have that thought almost every single day.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i have a sizzler like a block and a half from my house sometimes i walk in and get some frozen yogurt from the machine and leave

i guess that's stealing huh

i guess i'm a bad person

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in ops or programming in the bay area, hit a dude up.
    We hirin' mad folks.
    :bz

Black ops?

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Once I saw someone vomit in the salad bar at Sizzler.

They just hid it under some lettuce.

The true horror?
    Going to Sizzler.

:S

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    New job wanted me to start Monday. Then they pushed it to Wednesday because the CEO had some end-of-month stuff he was trying to get done. Fine. He emails me today telling me he's going to have to push it to the 18th because he's going out of town next week.

I emailed him back and said as politely as possible that I need rent and food money. Hoping he sees the light. If this falls apart, I am going to be so mad.

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    You'll be fine, Orik, don't worry.
    You're fucking great and they know it!

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Not if they push my start date to next fucking year.

• Options
    I am so broke. I don't appreciate people fucking with my rent.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    That's just... Who does something like that? I cannot wrap my head around it.

Mmm. Wrap. Nice. Warm. Lettuce. Wrap.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Applying for graduate jobs is so fucking depressing, but at last, a ray of sunshine, I have a phone interview for a software engineering grad scheme on friday. I'm shitting a brick about it, but at least I'm finally getting somewhere after all these insta-rejected applications.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    So my boss texted me last night asking me to come in an hour early, which is fine

and then last night I absolutely cannot fall asleep and finally at almost 2 am I pass out and get a little over 3 hours of fitful rest

wake up at 5:45, do my morning routine and get out the door by 6:05, power walk to the train station in the dark, make it to work at 7:00am as promised

and the late shift production guy took the delivery out last night and didn't tell anybody

after I finish crying I have to decide if I want to leave early or stay to my normal time and get some OT

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    New job wanted me to start Monday. Then they pushed it to Wednesday because the CEO had some end-of-month stuff he was trying to get done. Fine. He emails me today telling me he's going to have to push it to the 18th because he's going out of town next week.

I emailed him back and said as politely as possible that I need rent and food money. Hoping he sees the light. If this falls apart, I am going to be so mad.

I thought you were going to work at a university?

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I got a letter from a patient this morning - to start, since I handle insurance and billing, most of the correspondence I get is not pleasant, and I've racked up my fair share of complaints, not because of my tone or attitude, but because I, more often than not, have to deliver bad news about money owed.

The letter I got was effusive with praise and thanks, written entirely by hand, from an elderly patient that I spent a few hours last week talking on the phone with, helping her sort out her insurance and understand her benefits. The insurance company hadn't adequately explained things, so I spoke with them to get the information, and finally got the entire thing sorted out. It's the first time I've ever gotten written thanks - verbal on the phone, occasionally, but most of the time it's, "Thanks for nothing," or, "Thanks, Obama," or, "What should I do if I can't pay?"

It was nice to get a letter like that. I brought it to my boss, because when patients complain about me, they complain about me to her. When she read the letter, her face lit up like a Mom who was expecting her kid to get an 'F' on their history exam, only to find their progeny managed to pull a 'B'.

She read the note out loud, and the Scottish girl from yesterday was walking by.

She stopped long enough to tell me, "Nice job," before returning to clinic.

I like today.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    every morning for the past two weeks I have woken up unprompted, wide awake, at 6:34AM

what is this bullshit

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    why is that bad

poo
  • Options
    i am not supposed to wake up until 7:15

and i enjoy that 45 minutes of sleep

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    God I would love to get up at 7:15

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Apartment building? Could be a neighbor's alarm that you're not quite conscious enough to hear.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I would love to get up at 6:30.

• Options
    i sleep with ear plugs and my walls are thick. i rarely hear anything at all

• Options
    What's your address, I want to stop by while you're sleeping to...uh, visit.

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i sleep with ear plugs and my walls are thick. i rarely hear anything at all

I'm not saying it's aliens ...

• Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    Thanks to getting up at 5:00 during the week for work, "sleeping in" for me is getting up at 7:00.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Ganluan wrote: »
    Thanks to getting up at 5:00 during the week for work, "sleeping in" for me is getting up at 7:00.

I really wish I did this

But even though I'm up at 5:30/6 weekdays I can still sleep until 9 or 10 on weekends with no problems, screws me up something awful for Monday mornings

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Our alarm goes off at 6 because Godmode showers in the morning and has to walk the dog, but I usually stay in bed until closer to 7 since I shower at night.

• Options
    Usagi wrote: »

I really wish I did this

But even though I'm up at 5:30/6 weekdays I can still sleep until 9 or 10 on weekends with no problems, screws me up something awful for Monday mornings

I thought that was Druh's job :winky:

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Usagi wrote: »

I really wish I did this

I'm up every weekday at 5:45, but at weekends if I don't set an alarm I usually wake up at 1/2pm. No-one else seems to think it's a problem but I hate missing most of my weekend because I'm asleep.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    JoeUser wrote: »

shortly after that i got offered full-time work as a c# programmer. now of course it's been delayed

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I'm trying hard to wake up earlier. So operation "put the clock on the window sill" is working well.

• Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    Speaking of .NET programmers, we are hiring if you live in or around Phoenix, AZ. We specifically focus on web development, but have quite a bit of non-web work for middle-tier and back-end processes.

• Options
    Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular

My 8 month old daughter doesn't really understand the differences between weekdays and weekends.

So she gets up at 5:30 every day. Which means I get up at 5:30 every day.

"Sleeping in" on the weekend means my wife takes baby duty (doodie?) one morning and I get to sleep in to 7:00.

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Idiot Coworker told a guest that she should stop using Safari on her Mac and switch to IE

ON HER MAC

Yes, Idiot Coworker, our website is optimized for IE. On a PC. On a Mac, she should use Safari or Firefox or Chrome or ANYTHING EXCEPT IE.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    Eek about the leg surgery

I'm lucky enough to not work during the summer, and have plenty of time to get my vag installed

fuck, how am I surviving the summer

FUCK

you doin that this summer? dang girl, things have been moving quickly for you it seems. congrats

my therapist is ready to write a letter for me (name change stuff, too)
    just gotta call another number to get a PhD therapist to write a letter for me
    then I gotta contact my school insurance
    and then get in line at my surgery clinic of choice

That's awesome! But quick question, your school insurance is covering the surgery?

90% coverage, up to 70k dineros
    And I want to see if I can raise it to 100% before I leave, especially in light of the city of San Fransisco's decision to cover SRS for all its uninsured trans citizens

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    Idiot Coworker told a guest that she should stop using Safari on her Mac and switch to IE

ON HER MAC

Yes, Idiot Coworker, our website is optimized for IE. On a PC. On a Mac, she should use Safari or Firefox or Chrome or ANYTHING EXCEPT IE.

You must remove her from the herd. I suggest a crochet needle to the base of the neck upwards into the brain stem.

• Options
    JoeUser wrote: »

shortly after that i got offered full-time work as a c# programmer. now of course it's been delayed

Oh wow I missed that! Why would the CEO need to be around for your first day? What kind of development is it? I use C# for ASP .Net.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    Eek about the leg surgery

I'm lucky enough to not work during the summer, and have plenty of time to get my vag installed

fuck, how am I surviving the summer

FUCK

you doin that this summer? dang girl, things have been moving quickly for you it seems. congrats

my therapist is ready to write a letter for me (name change stuff, too)
    just gotta call another number to get a PhD therapist to write a letter for me
    then I gotta contact my school insurance
    and then get in line at my surgery clinic of choice

That's awesome! But quick question, your school insurance is covering the surgery?

90% coverage, up to 70k dineros
    And I want to see if I can raise it to 100% before I leave, especially in light of the city of San Fransisco's decision to cover SRS for all its uninsured trans citizens

That is seriously awesome!

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Today has been going pretty slowly. I've actually been pretty productive, but then I look at the clock and it's as if time is frozen.

I think I died and went to Hell.

This discussion has been closed.