As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: SWEET BRO AND HELLA JEFF HARDCOVER OUT NOW HOPY FUCKING SHIT

SalSal Damnedest Little FellowRegistered User regular
edited January 2013 in Social Entropy++
Hello, fellow fans! It's the start of another year, and that means a new season of our favorite television show, MS Paint Adventures! Word from producer and showrunner A. Hussie is that this will be the last season (fear not - the series is due to be spun off into video game form next year). Last year ended on a cliffhanger as Jake English was contacted out of the blue by arch-villain/dickhole Caliborn:

05670.gif

WILL HE FALL FOR HIS CHERUBIC WILES!!!

Let's take a moment to review how we got here in the first place.

SEASON 1 (4/13 2009-12/31 2009). The shortest, and, according to some, the weakest season, Season 1 introduced us to (a tiny fraction of) the characters we know and love:
DYPyi.png
KYxAw.png
LBjnM.jpg
Not pictured: winniethepoop2, who developed a cocaine addiction and whose contract was not renewed for another season.
After a slow burn during the "Act 1" arc, the show finally hit the mainstream in October, when an episode titled WV: Ascend broke all previous viewership records and catapulted MSPA into the mainstream.

SEASON 2 (2010). Now we're cooking with petrol! The year started off uncertainly when Hussie mysteriously disappeared for several weeks, allegedly to create his own soul portrait, leading the other writers to hastily cobble together the scattered notes he had left behind to create the Intermission, which featured television's most beloved murderous gangsters, the Midnight Crew:
tfKLO.png
Hussie, upon returning, was unphased and quickly incorporated the unscheduled event into the show's overall mythos.
Season 2 also saw the introduction of the Trolls, who would quickly become some of the most beloved characters, even eclipsing the original 4 kids in popularity according to some. A proposed troll spinoff was later folded into the main show as the "Hivebent" arc.
dLeHx.jpg
Zoosmell Pooplord, the actor who plays John Egbert, at one point threatened to walk out if Hussie did not give his character more screentime.
Notable episodes included Jack: Ascend and Descend.

SEASON 3 (2011). Season 3 began with a bang with the thrilling "Murderstuck" arc, which led to the show being moved to a later timeslot after protests that it was inappropriate for young children.
cTixH.jpg
To keep fans guessing, Hussie released concept art of several different endings to "Murderstuck."
This season saw the rise of breakout character Gamzee Makara, whose character was completely rewritten after Hussie allegedly watched IT.
49NDD.jpg
Additional controversy erupted after the infamous Vriska: Read Mindfang's journal episode, which led to MSPA being banned in several countries for indecency. Although The constant strife made the bigwigs nervous. Although Hussie initially resisted pressure from the network, he was unexpectedly replaced as showrunner midway through the season by Doc Scratch.
bsQNN.jpg?1
Doc Scratch is an asshole.
Hussie was reinstated in August after everyone got fed up with Scratch's shit. He promptly tested his employers patience, however, when he placed an indefinite hiatus on airing new episodes to work on his magnum opus, which he claimed would "blow your freakin' minds." Thankfully, fans were not disappointed when Cascade hit the airwaves in late October. After so long a break, the frenzy to watch the new episode was so immense that the Newgrounds channel found its systems overloaded and went down, leaving millions unable to catch up on the thrilling plottwists (spoiler: everyone dies).
Season 3 ended in transition as the show moved to a more frequent Act-Intermission format, where focus would shift back and forth between the new characters introduced after Cascade and old favorites.

SEASON 4 (2012). The most recent season. Compared with the tumult of Season 3, Season 4 has been more sedate, focused on helping us get to know the new "Alpha" kids better.
W5Ghc.png
Did you know: all of the Alpha kids are played by the children of the actors that portrayed the "Guardians" of previous seasons.
Bowing to popular demand, the midseason "Dancestors" arc introduced us to 12 new trolls.
kQYYF.jpg
Astute readers may notice this picture has fewer than 12 trolls in it. Fuck you, I don't have time to search for fanart all day, okay?
The revelation of the true nature of the cherubs provided the first indication in years that the story has any intention of wrapping up or even simply making any goddamn sense.
3IaZM.png
This promotional art led to millions of overeager cosplayers gouging out their eyes.

And that brings us to today. What will Season 5 bring to the table? Use this thread to share theories, discuss new episodes, and write erotic fanfiction (don't do this). Also remember that MSPA is now a media empire, with its own spinoffs, comic adaptation, record label, and apparel.

Finally, remember:

eCpRJ.jpg
DO NOT INITIATE DISCUSSION OF THAT-WHICH-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED. BE FANSMART NOT FANDUMB.
haha just kiddin vriska owns and if you don't like it i suggest you just
aCzsS.gif

xet8c.gif

Sal on

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    ahahaha that vriskub pic

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    SORRY ABOUT THIS I RAN OUT OF TIME AND COULDN'T WAIT FOR THE OLD ONE TO BE LOCKED

xet8c.gif

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    this show sucks

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I like the Japanese voice actors better

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    I only watch the superior original british version of homestuck

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    a statement nobody could ever truly believe

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    ahahaha that vriskub pic

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i Agree with anyone who emptyquotes me

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    i don't have confidence in the writers to make a good season of tv anymore

a lot of people think season 2 was the peak but sorry i'm a season 1 purist

'wv: ascend' is still the best episode. it speaks to me on a spiritual level.

i heard the actress who played terezi quit between seasons. are they gonna recast her or write her out? i will straight up KILL A MAN if they kill her offscreen.

they wouldn't DO that

would they?

Adus on
  • Options
    JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    andrew hussie, kill off a beloved character?
    What show are you watching?

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I put money in the pot for that soul portrait and instead he spent it on acquiring a supply line of shitty OG breadsticks. I think his was probably a better use of the cash, to be honest. (If you never read his write-up of that event, you should! As you'd expect, it'd great).

Taskman on
    uGn5f.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Should have been Farg

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    This show is impossible to get into and I hate it.

On an unrelated note, I just gave $500 to the Kickstarter for the spinoff series, Aranea Explains It All.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    the olive garden posts were super great

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    ahahaha that vriskub pic

yo im like 85% sure i made that one night when drinking
    i should drink more

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    idgi homestuck is a webcomic not a tv show

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Goddammit Farg I was willing to turn a new leaf on you fuck

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    duke that hurt my feelings you know I try :(

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    HucklebuckHucklebuck huckles under the buckles Registered User regular
    if i live to see the day that homestuck ends i will die a happy man

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    duke that hurt my feelings you know I try :(

no you don't

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i guess now we know why cal has a gold tooth

• Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    OH SHIT!

Thanks @Buttlord I didn't get it until you pointed it out.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I am still enjoying reading this (though I'm a couple weeks behind) but I'm definitely at the point where I've lost sight of the bigger picture and I'm actually not sure if I still care

like, the art is cool, the writing is often still hilarious, but I don't really remember what anybody's goal is anymore and I sorta drifted from the main plot about 3 big twists ago

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i don't read this for plot

i read it for dirk being rad

• Options
    No wonder you quit

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    guys i heard ratings have been dropping since season 4 switched up the characters

FOX has been thinking of cancelling the show and giving hussie one episode to wrap everything up

i heard terezi already signed up to do a Law and Order spinoff

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I am still enjoying reading this (though I'm a couple weeks behind) but I'm definitely at the point where I've lost sight of the bigger picture and I'm actually not sure if I still care

like, the art is cool, the writing is often still hilarious, but I don't really remember what anybody's goal is anymore and I sorta drifted from the main plot about 3 big twists ago

Caliborn is trying to beat his impossible Sburb session and is screwing with the heroes from afar

Adult Caliborn is on a rampage, searching for the lost soul of his sister so he can destroy her

The heroes (led by Meenah, Vriska and Roxy) have a bunch of disparate plans to defeat Lord English

Calliope has to go on a dead spirit ghost quest to find a way to defeat her brother

Condy's got some secret plans of her own cooking

Old and new heroes are waiting to meetup on 4/13/12 so they can beat the game and create a new universe

We are closer to the end of Act 6 than we have ever been

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Man my FedoraFreak tribute OP will never happen now. :(

• Options
    You gotta be faster dave

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    I'd post it here but then that would ruin the SURPRISE.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    0p1pN.png
    oHXiP.jpg

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I didn't have this thread bookmarked yet so I blame that on my slowness.

• Options
    Taya are you just gonna let Adus take your jjojb?

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Oh jjjaney

you shouldn't be wearin that tiaratop

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    yo can someone hook me up with a nice clean highish res image of the Light symbol?

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Adus has a special early notifier that is superior to my old outdated one.

• Options
    How high res we talking here?

• Options
    i'dunno respecatbly sized

what'cha got

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Gap0e.png?1