As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two Harbaughs Enter, One Harbaugh Leaves! [NFL]

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Flacco is the most awkward guy, I'm amazed anybody could hate him.

The only questionable things he's done ever was bitch about not being called "elite" and accidentally using the word "retarded" (which he apologized for a word later, recognizing his awful mistake) during a media thing a few days ago.

He's so awkward, when Matt Birk wanted to get him a birthday present and asked him what his hobbies were, Joe responded that he has no hobbies, and that his favorite thing to do is hang out in his basement.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I didn't say I hate him. I said I didn't like him. It's not a negative thing necessarily, just a nothing thing. He's so boring and bleh that I don't want to root for him.

• Options
    He's so boring and bleh

s-JOE-FLACCO-large.jpg

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Flacco and Schaub are cut from the same cloth. I can't hate boring. Boring is fine!

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Why I can never hate Flacco

http://youtu.be/YUWDPSTUYc8

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    He's so vanilla it's almost awkward to watch

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    He's so awkward, when Matt Birk wanted to get him a birthday present and asked him what his hobbies were, Joe responded that he has no hobbies, and that his favorite thing to do is hang out in his basement.
    He's officially my favorite player.

Gonna root for the Ravens now.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I honestly do not remember the last time I rooted for the AFC team in the Superbowl. I don't think I have since I started really watching and paying attention to pro football.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I was going to swallow the bitter pill and root for the ravens to spite kusu but ray lewis has been such a twat this week that I'm not going to root for either team now. I guess it would be okay if randy moss got a ring. Otherwise fuck this game

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Chris Culliver is scheduled to begin working with "The Trevor Project," an organization that provides crisis and suicide intervention to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth, according to his public relations representative, Theodore Palmer.

Also, in less than an hour, it will be announced who's in this year's NFL HOF class.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    He's also going to sensitivity training. This story escalated rather quickly.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Anyone watching the Pro Football HOF show? Their cursory discussion about the WRs sounded like they were readying excuses for Cris Carter not making it again this year, which would be pretty shitty.

• Options
    Carter gets in finally. But I don't agree with Sapp going in over Strahan in their first ballot.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    The final 7 = Bill Parcells, Jonathan Ogden, Cris Carter, Curly Culp, Dave Robinson, Larry Allen and Warren Sapp

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I don't usually go for the number of championships argument in a team sport, but Charles Haley not getting in kind of makes me want to throw up.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    RG3 won Rookie of the Year.

Luke Kuechly = Defensive Rookie

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    What possible reason could there be for Sapp getting in ahead of Strahan?

That makes no damn sense to me.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Bruce Arians Coach of the Year.

JJ Watt Defensive Player of the Year. (Fun fact: of the 50 members that vote for each AP award, 49 picked Watt for this; the other guy picked Von Miller.)

Adrian "All Day" Peterson Offensive Player.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    STRAHAN HOF

• Options
    Who's MVP?

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Think I'm gonna make an It's Time For Too Tall button. Rock that next year.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Goose! wrote: »
    Who's MVP?

I'll post awards as they happen. MVP hasn't been announced yet, but according to the Denver Post, since the OPOTY award was invented, the recipient has won MVP in addition to it 22 times. Which means if AD gets MVP, Peyton's likely getting Comeback.

edit: Peyton just got Comeback.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Peyton was getting Comeback regardless of what AD got. Dude missed a whole year, not just 1 game.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    That bodes well for AD, because no player has ever gotten both Comeback and MVP in the same season.

edit: According to NOLA.com, AD just won MVP.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't agree with RGIII as rookie of the year. It's not a bad choice or anything, he definitely deserved it, but I think Luck and Wilson deserved it a little more.

• Options
    NFL just confirmed it: your 2012 MVP is All Day Adrian Peterson.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    The reward is an orange peanut.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Wait, Sapp got in before Strahan AND Haley? That's some bullshit right there.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I don't agree with RGIII as rookie of the year. It's not a bad choice or anything, he definitely deserved it, but I think Luck and Wilson deserved it a little more.

I'm OK with him getting the rookie of the year award. That being said, if the award is based on, "Who do you want going into next year?" RG3's got an awful lot of question marks attached to him now

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Strahan not getting in and Sapp getting in is complete bullshit!

• Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    YES YES YES CRIS CARTER GOT IN AND ADRIAN GOT MVP HURRAY

I AM SO HAPPY I COULD CRY

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Jordyn wrote: »
    YES YES YES CRIS CARTER GOT IN AND ADRIAN GOT MVP HURRAY

I AM SO HAPPY I COULD CRY

If you didn't watch the stuff on NFLN, count yourself lucky.

After the inductions, the crew on NFL Total Access had each member of the class talk about their induction and their feelings on it, and Cris was the second person, and he couldn't even get a sentence in without bawling, and he kept crying for the 7 minutes he spent talking, and it was the most perfect thing and I felt so happy for him and omg my heart

• Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    Oh god that would've killed me.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I was with everyone trashing Chris Culliver till I read a bit of his bio.
    Culliver had a difficult start in life. His mother, although she would eventually graduate from Temple University, was single and only 16 years old when he was born. Culliver has a brother four years his junior and twin siblings, a boy and a girl, who are eight years younger. In 1996, Culliver's stepfather and a cousin were shot to death, and his mother was wounded, in a Philadelphia bar fight. In college, a 20-year-old Culliver almost died from complications following routine shoulder surgery.

Don't get me wrong that doesn't excuse his insipid comments but so long as he goes through with his penance and keeps his mouth shut from now on he gets a pass from me.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Meh, it'll all be forgotten by next season anyway. Isn't he a special teams player at best?

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Meh, it'll all be forgotten by next season anyway. Isn't he a special teams player at best?

He's the nickel corner, drafted in the 3rd round last year. Honestly he could be a starter on 75% of the teams in the league this year. He's pretty damn good.

Hopefully he learns from this and grows the fuck up because the dude has skills and I'd hate to see him waste them because of ignorance.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    So I'm gonna watch the superbowl tonight, but I'm still kinda unsure on the rules.

The attacking team has 4 attempts to get 10 yards closer to the touchdown area right? But do they have to make the whole 10 yards in a single attempt, or can they build it up over the four?

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    101 wrote: »
    So I'm gonna watch the superbowl tonight, but I'm still kinda unsure on the rules.

The attacking team has 4 attempts to get 10 yards closer to the touchdown area right? But do they have to make the whole 10 yards in a single attempt, or can they build it up over the four?

They have all 4 downs to get the 10 yards. But most teams will punt on the 4th attempt because if they fail, the other team gets the ball in that spot.

I hope Kaepernick can help make you a fan :)

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Suuuuuperbowl! Have pulled pork cooking and already wearing my Ravens Ngata jersey woooooooo!

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
This discussion has been closed.