As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thread creator being able to close own thread?

DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdooryou're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
Is this something that has ever been, or will ever be considered?

It was just a random idea I had today - should thread creators be able to close their own threads?

It would certainly make administering game threads easier in G&T for example - an OP could close their old thread as soon as the new one is posted and there would be a smooth transition. Rorus Raz actually seems to pay special attention to the Starcraft 2 thread, because a lot of the time it gets closed minutes after the new one is up, but it might be different for other games, and I was curious if this was something that would be considered.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Failing that, I suppose, would it be frowned on to use the Report function to bring attention to an old thread that needs to be closed?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    We notice remade threads quickly.

We have no life, you see.