As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

a webcomic thread. -posted from my iPhone

19596979899101»

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    I mean, the comic doesn't depict them being traumatized, the comic depicts them being sad but finding measures of happiness in their new environs

so talking about this "traumatizing" thing happening is nonsense

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I mean, the comic doesn't depict them being traumatized, the comic depicts them being sad but finding measures of happiness in their new environs

so talking about this "traumatizing" thing happening is nonsense

Minus seems to be more fairy tale, fable and parable than anything else. Commonly about finding what you need (even if it's not what you want), and making the most of the time you have seem to be the major themes.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    minus is basically It's a Good Life but played to be heartwarming and in my mind it doesn't work at all

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I don't think it's played to be heartwarming at all, I think it's played to be fairy tale esque vignettes.

baba yaga isn't heartwarming, she just exists.

• Options
    except minus isn't played to be heartwarming at all, at all

the very first comic has kids being basically tortured for engaging in a childish prank

I think Kalnaur is much closer to the mark--minus is way more about the interaction between accident, catastrophe, disaster, death etc. & the seemingly-sacred world of childhood and "play"

it's fine to not like it, it isn't An Incredible Piece of Human Capacity or anything, but there's a whole lot of mischaracterization goin on here

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    fine, how about I just say I hate it and leave it at that? will that make you happy?

• Options
    well, that's at least a different thing because there's no way we can talk about it

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I liked Great a lot more than Minus.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    The fact that the inspirations behind minus are the depressing works of certain Japanese peoples as well as the effed up original world of Little Nemo, it does not surprise me that the content is somewhat . . . unsettling at times.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Speaking of twins:

minus9.jpg

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    I'm making a new thread and it's going to make you all cry.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    you think you're above the rules huh mayday

well i got news for you, bucko...

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    And now I'm binge'ing minus. Dammit, I had things to do.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    what in the

This discussion has been closed.