As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camelot Unchained] CSE now Unchained Entertainment. CU in late 2025.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'm at half mast already. I don't know if I can wait 2 years.

Oh Jeeze... Worst top post of my life.

urahonky on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also donated 25 bucks, these guys get half of what they say I will be happy.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Looks like Ben helped out after all.

Yep, @ben kuchera can write an article about how him letting all the Camelot fans know their game wouldn't be getting any coverage because of their email spam got them enough coverage to close the last $300k gap on the final day of the Kickstarter campaign.

The irony would be delicious.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm pretty excited. See you all in 2 years. :P

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    If he was that ticked off about it he should have posted that article after the kickstarter ended. There were certainly better ways for fans to spread the word than mass mailing copy and paste e-mails though.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I am hesitant to trust Mark Jacobs after Trials of Atlantis (beta testers cried and moaned about so many of the changes and they ignored the problems) and Warhammer, but I really hope we get some of that old school RvR feeling with this game. A friend of mine grabbed the $600 package and I am looking forward to it now. DON'T LET ME DOWN AGAIN, MARK JACOBS!

• Options
    Their livestream is pretty fun.

• Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    Shens wrote: »
    I am hesitant to trust Mark Jacobs after Trials of Atlantis (beta testers cried and moaned about so many of the changes and they ignored the problems) and Warhammer, but I really hope we get some of that old school RvR feeling with this game. A friend of mine grabbed the $600 package and I am looking forward to it now. DON'T LET ME DOWN AGAIN, MARK JACOBS!
    With DAoC, they had to ship ToA as it was as the company funds were dwindling. They just didn't have the resources to keep tinkering indefinitely.

• Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    So guys, dunno if anyone has heard but it funded and the real journey begins. I'll admit, for basic tech demos, the concepts involved are pretty impressive. I didn't think much of the builder system, but it is also really shaping up to intrigue the fuck out of me. I mean, I can see myself making some really intricate towers with you guys.

I wonder when we will see more of the races and classes. While they will be similar, they will not be mirrored- so more like Camelot and less like WAR.

• Options
    Yeah so they have a total of ~$5mil to play around with, right?

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    2 million from kickstarter, 2 million from Mark himself, and 1 million from backers that aren't known to us.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    I'm excited. I hate that I have to wait 1.5 years though. :P

• Options
    Part of me wants to wander back to DAoC at some point. But I don't remember my old log in. And I would like to move my level 50 off of Guin because DAoC leveling is not the most fun.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I wish it was F2P. I always have to make a new account just to run through the areas and get a nice wash of nostalgia and then leave.

• Options
    Watching that kickstarter drained me out 2 nights in a row. So much stress and we hit the second stretch mark, who knew?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    CSE's vacation is over tomorrow, I hope they bring the backers forums with them. I wonder how long it will be before we see the archer or even the new herald we earned in kickstarter.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Boards are up for folks. Just remember no reposting stuff here due to TOS. But yeah figured I would let folks know.

Also they stole our rule about not being a dick. I approve.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I like the way the game is coming along; they have some awesome art.

image-306545-full.jpg?1376079207image-299944-full.jpg?1375126676

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    New class: the Helbound.

sp_helB_v3_speaker011.jpg

Too much text for me, but tell me what you guys think. The class has a healing line, a dps line, and a minion.

It looks like the dps line uses a double edged pole-arm and the healer class has a staff that looks similar. (Edited)

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    God I love polearms. Every MMO needs them.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    The pole arms look good to. If anything they have a great art team. Still the KS updates have been pretty excellent.

md_helB_v3_staves03b1.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    That right there is a class I'd play.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And now, time for something completely different: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0QnFlQjMo4

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I know one thing for sure, all the classes should be interesting and unique to play, I really hope they balance them better then what they did with the WaR classes, cause we know how well that went.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Hopefully they'll stick with the DAoC model of completely unique classes for each faction. Mirrored classes can eat a dick.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So is this technically the successor for DAoC now?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Hopefully they'll stick with the DAoC model of completely unique classes for each faction. Mirrored classes can eat a dick.

Agreed, Rock Paper Scissor is a better idea than dueling in the wild west.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

Mark said that this game is not the successor to dark age of camelot. Do not expect DAoC 2 because you'll just be disappointed.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Well I mean. Like.

PvP three realms, MMO game.

Not necessarily running through camelot and fighting spriggan before hitting up DF or Mithra.

• Options
    The game is 3 realm rvr and isn't level based. The system is more akin to Planetside 2 than dark ages.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Gotcha, that's what I was essentially after with my comment, sorry.

Has there really been anything addressed for the game if you aren't doing rvr at the moment? Crafting or anything like that? Not that I'm necessarily looking for it but just wondering.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    There's a crafter based economy which is done by a crafter class. There are material deposits (so far whats been talked about) that are found in certain spots that can be mined by a crafter. Crafting materials are fought after and are in hot areas of conflict are used for crafting armor, houses and anything your specification can make.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Roe wrote: »
    There's a crafter based economy which is done by a crafter class. There are material deposits (so far whats been talked about) that are found in certain spots that can be mined by a crafter. Crafting materials are fought after and are in hot areas of conflict are used for crafting armor, houses and anything your specification can make.

you instantly just made me want this game, I went from meh to OH MY GOD WHERE TO THROW MONEY?
    playing a 100% crafter is awesome, swg had a fucking great crafting system, and I want more of that.

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited October 2013

you instantly just made me want this game, I went from meh to OH MY GOD WHERE TO THROW MONEY?
    playing a 100% crafter is awesome, swg had a fucking great crafting system, and I want more of that.
    Also, Crafters can make houses Minecraft style in either a safe zone or an RVR zone.

It's unknown the benefits of making a house in an rvr zone, but towns there can be destroyed for crafter material by opposing realms.

Edit* Update which includes a dark disturbing story about the brand new Valkyries race.

Here's an image of the (always female) race. d4717b26ecffb231c8660c16e0231009_large.jpg?1382043288

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    bowen wrote: »

Mark said that this game is not the successor to dark age of camelot. Do not expect DAoC 2 because you'll just be disappointed.

No, Warhammer Online was DAoC 2. This is DAoC 3, and of course, third time is the charm ;)

But hey, I had a lot of fun in both games and a lack of PvE sounds like a good start. But honestly, Darkness Falls was so good I kind of hope they carry that idea forward.

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular

So... it's more like UO then?

Agreed with @TheKoolEagle. I went from "Meh." to needing this shit in my veins.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    I feel the Valkyrie backstory didn't need to exist

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I very much like the idea of not having to level.

I will pay a (low) monthly fee for a game I don't have to level a character in. Something where I can just jump in and play, build a character with a pool of points, and kill folks.

Sort of an RPG+FPS game, minus the bar filling.

I loathe filling bars.

• Options
    Grey PaladinGrey Paladin Registered User regular
    tsplitter wrote: »
    I feel the Valkyrie backstory didn't need to exist
    The writing as a whole is really weak (though it is par for the course when it comes to MMOs). It spent a whole lot of text on telling the reader "look at how dark and edgy we are", but it comes down to Evil Guys raid village, torture the locals, tortured local gets super powers and kills them dead. I don't find it offensive as much as just bad. Good thing the gameplay sounds neat.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Edited for page viewing.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg