As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gamers! I need YOU (for science)!

SummonabatchSummonabatch Registered User new member
edited January 2013 in Games and Technology
Hello everyone. My name is Eric Ekman and I am a Masters of Cyberpsychology student at the Dun Laoghaire Institute for Art, Design, and Technology. For my master’s thesis, I am exploring video game motivations and behaviors. This study will ask you about your gaming habits and what it is about your favorite games that you find engaging.

I am a lifelong and avid gamer who has been exploring video games and video game culture for many years. When I was an undergraduate in 2006 I remember first trying to study video games in an academic setting and was surprised at how out of touch or out of date most of the studies and reference material was. While this has greatly improved, the academic study of video games is still a nascent discipline. This study hopes to provide a broad perspective of video game motivations and behaviors by not limiting respondents to particular genres or even one particular game. Hopefully, this will provide a more complete picture of what players find engaging about the games they love.

For this study to be successful, I need responses from a sizeable and diverse group of players. Please take a few minutes to answer my questionnaire by clicking the web link below and feel free to pass the link on to your friends and family who play video games, regardless of the what type of gamer they are, or how often they play. If you have any questions, I will occasionally be returning to this thread to reply or you can send me an email at eekman02@gmail.com.

You can find the questionnaire at:

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.