As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THREAD FOR NERDS - what's worse, chris or the nexus q? the jury's still out

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    My PC told me bootmgr was missing.

It was lying.

I only discovered that it was actually just deciding not to boot from C even though there was nothing else to boot from, after I had re-installed windows. I did not have a back up of anything on C.

Fuck you, PC.

Thank heavens for sharepod being able to just suck all 50GB of music out of my iPhone, re-ripping all of that would have fucking sucked.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Still legal in the Great White North

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I tried to get sprint to unlock my palm pre

But they did not. Don't know how I could have done it on my own anyway.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    so I just got a nexus 7 and I'm using it for pretty much the same stuff I use my computer for, what are the neatest apps to have (for free)

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I prefer Pulse news to Currents.

Falcon is good for twitter if you use twitter.
    Aim and facebook messenger are good.
    I use Gmote to control my computer (though I prefer using my phone for this)
    Pocket is pretty good
    the giantbomb app is also good

McPixel, Sword and Sworcery, Machinarium, Robotek, and super hexagon are all good games.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Dichotomy has never typed twitter into his address bar

• Options
    Google, take me to twitter

• Options
    Siri what's a tweet

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Dichotomy has never typed twitter into his address bar

wrong

for a few weeks in 2009 or so I had a twitter for my butt

the novelty wore off pretty quickly

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    New phone! Did not get a Note 2. Couldnt get a price i liked. Went with the LG Optimus G. This thing is a fucking beast.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yo I heard that you can control your PS3 netflix with your tablet netflix app can anyone confirm or deny this as truth?

• Options
    I can confirm, I do it on the reg

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    That would be sweet if I could do that with my XBox.

I just deposited a check using my phone. Sometimes living in the future is pretty cool.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MadEddy wrote: »

I just deposited a check using my phone. Sometimes living in the future is pretty cool.

smartglass'll basically do it?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    .... . -.-- / -.-- --- / - . -.-. .... / - .... .-. . .- -.. / -....- / .-- .... . .-. . / -.-. .- -. / .. / --. . - / .- / -. . .-- / -.--.- -. --- - / .-. . ..-. ..- .-. -... .. ... .... . -.. -.--.- / -... .-.. ..- . - --- --- - .... / -... --- .- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / -- -.-- / .--. ... ...-- ..--..

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    whoa, Apple's tossing a 128GB iPad into the mix.

• Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular

XBox Netflix app is the fucking worst. I hate it. The thing that makes me the most glad about getting my PS3 last year, aside from maybe getting to play Journey, is that I can use the PSN Netflix app when I watch shit in my living room.

Also, my phone contract is up in a few months, and I'm considering replacing my Thunderbolt. What are the cool new non-iPhone phones that I should be looking at?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the Galaxy s4 when it comes out

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Galaxy S3 is hot shit, as is the HTC One X+ and the Nexus 4.

• Options
    When is the S4 coming out?

I was down with the S3 when I started seeing ads for it, but I didn't look into it too deep because I wasn't planning on upgrading anytime soon. But now I'm closer and actually thinking about it a little. My rooted Thunderbolt is still fine, but I'm starting to feel the lack of support that comes with developers moving on to bigger and better hardware.

• Options
    S4 will probably get teased at MWC and announced at samsung's own event in March for like april or may

• Options
    basically they don't want the M7 to beat them to the punch even though it didn't really make a difference for them that the One X launched earlier

• Options
    edited January 2013
    That would be perfect timing then. I believe my contract is up in May or June... gotta check.

e: June 1st. Alrighty then.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    i guess it depends on what you're looking for in a phone and how much you are willing to drop up front

because like

personally for me the day-to-day stuff I do on my phone isn't affected by LTE enough to be worth the extra battery drain (you can effectively double a phone's battery life just by telling it to only use HSPA+) and the Nexus 4 being unlocked and outright for $350 is a fucking astounding deal

like that's what I do if I ever got hit in the head and decided I didn't want an iPhone

but I guess that's also dependent on your carrier in the states because you guys still have CDMA people don't you

• Options
    edited January 2013
    T4CT wrote: »
    i guess it depends on what you're looking for in a phone and how much you are willing to drop up front

because like

personally for me the day-to-day stuff I do on my phone isn't affected by LTE enough to be worth the extra battery drain (you can effectively double a phone's battery life just by telling it to only use HSPA+) and the Nexus 4 being unlocked and outright for $350 is a fucking astounding deal

like that's what I do if I ever got hit in the head and decided I didn't want an iPhone

but I guess that's also dependent on your carrier in the states because you guys still have CDMA people don't you

One day...

One day you will come to the light.

You will throw off the shackles, and experience freedom in all its wondrous glory.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    ugh... freedom is so much work

back to loving Big Brother

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    We can say "crwth" in this thread?

How droll.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    whoa, Apple's tossing a 128GB iPad into the mix.

Hopefully the base on the next one will be 32GB. 16GB with Retina apps is kinda weak.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm sure they will only charge an extra $200 for that 64GB of extra memory.

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    I managed to snag myself a nexus 4 today

I am excited

Good bye piece of poop 3 year old blackberry

Hello new phone that will be relevant for one more month!

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    The Nexus 4 just launched recently. How can it only be relevant for one month?

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I love the Wii U Netflix app because you can browse the episode list from the controller and the video doesn't automatically start.

Now if the controller lasted longer.

I love my Note 2 still.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular

XBox Netflix app is the fucking worst. I hate it. The thing that makes me the most glad about getting my PS3 last year, aside from maybe getting to play Journey, is that I can use the PSN Netflix app when I watch shit in my living room.

What don't you like about it? I use my PS3 for Netflix as well, but I am always down to get more feedback.

MS is a bunch of big jerks anyways with XBL and the app.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Also I have to say like

I had an iPad before and noticed the change in my computer usage

But it is ASTOUNDING how little I use my computer now with my mini

Skype, browsing, everything goes on here now. Unless I'm recording or playing a pc game that laptop never needs to turn on.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »

What don't you like about it? I use my PS3 for Netflix as well, but I am always down to get more feedback.

MS is a bunch of big jerks anyways with XBL and the app.

the fact that it starts automatically is super annoying. The search keyboard layout is sub-optimal.

I actually like that it starts automatically after an episode ends, but dislike that it starts when i select a program/movie.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I prefer the 360 app's general layout, maybe just cause I'm used to it, but I prefer the PS3 display once you actually select something.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Aside from the S4, do you guys know of any non-iPhone phones coming out in the near future?

My current AT&T contract ended last week, looking to upgrade from my Samsung Windows Phone to something else.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.