As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] About Sad Silent Types Wearing Porkpie Hats

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Hmm. Emotional stress can cause insomnia? Maybe...

Among other things.

Most of the other things don't make sense.
    japan wrote: »

Yes. Yes it can.

My own insomnia kicks in during depressive episodes. I also have the problem that lack of sleep leads to stress which triggers said episodes.

It's a tough cycle to break, sometimes.

See, I am not having a depressive episode which is why I'm curious. At most I'm very anxious about both my body and the future.

Oh, I didn't mean insomnia necessarily = depressive episodes, just for me the three tend to go together (stress, insomnia, depression).

I'm not really sure which leads to the others.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Yesss it looks like I got two ALTs to hook up.

Wingman mission accomplished!

This completely misses the point of jet. Shame on you

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I am pretty surprised that I wasn't hungover much at all this morning. I mean, nothing that eating some chips and salsa and drinking a cup of water after I woke up couldn't fix. And I drank a decent bit of North Korean moonshine last night.

In other news, apparently I will be getting a set of kendo armor for free, but it will be someone's old set. Which means, as I was told last night, that it has a soul, and I will need to take care of the armor's soul.

No pressure.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I am pretty surprised that I wasn't hungover much at all this morning. I mean, nothing that eating some chips and salsa and drinking a cup of water after I woke up couldn't fix. And I drank a decent bit of North Korean moonshine last night.

In other news, apparently I will be getting a set of kendo armor for free, but it will be someone's old set. Which means, as I was told last night, that it has a soul, and I will need to take care of the armor's soul.

No pressure.

I've been watching a lot of Supernatural.

I can help you out.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Henroid wrote: »

Among other things.

Most of the other things don't make sense.

Yes. Yes it can.

My own insomnia kicks in during depressive episodes. I also have the problem that lack of sleep leads to stress which triggers said episodes.

It's a tough cycle to break, sometimes.

See, I am not having a depressive episode which is why I'm curious. At most I'm very anxious about both my body and the future.

Oh, I didn't mean insomnia necessarily = depressive episodes, just for me the three tend to go together (stress, insomnia, depression).

I'm not really sure which leads to the others.

Ah, ok. I just wasn't sure if "emotional stress" was like, depression or more broad or what. It's so vague.

Because I have obviously been dealing with a lot of emotional stress even if I'm happy overall. And I am extremely anxious and worried about the future and have no real plan except to stumble through hoping I make the right choices.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    They seem fairly tied together. My current drugs have a huge sleepy side effect, and that's like an advertised feature.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

No pressure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqbjDbnBWgo

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    oh chips and salsa sounds so motherfucking good

also what's north korean moonshine like? turpentine-ish?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ok this is stupid
    Justin Bieber is being investigated on serious gun control charges -- Nerf gun control!

Here's the story. Justin was in Ottawa, Canada in November when a female employee of the venue where he was performing filed a police report, claiming Bieber -- or someone who was Biebs adjacent -- assaulted her.

The woman told Canadian cops (aka Mounties) she was hit by something.

We now know what the something was .... a kid-safe projectile from a Nerf gun. Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Justin was Nerf fighting with his 3-year-old brother and 4-year-old sister and apparently one of the darts hit the woman.

We're told the woman pitched a fit and told Bieber's people she was a security guard for the venue and was royally pissed off. She filed a police report and the cops are actually taking it seriously -- they've already interviewed some people at the venue.

Getting hit by a Nerf projectile is definitely annoying, but criminal? Be serious, Mounties.

• Options
    God, my dad works a lot in Romania and Poland and keeps bringing back these home distilled spirits in repurposed mineral water bottles.

One was made from plums and was surprisingly pleasant.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Normally talking about stress makes me feel better, but not this time.

I'm going to blame it being five in the morning.

It's a positive feedback loops, noooooo

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Yeah, it was something between a cleaning product and alcohol.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Ok this is stupid
    Justin Bieber is being investigated on serious gun control charges -- Nerf gun control!

Here's the story. Justin was in Ottawa, Canada in November when a female employee of the venue where he was performing filed a police report, claiming Bieber -- or someone who was Biebs adjacent -- assaulted her.

The woman told Canadian cops (aka Mounties) she was hit by something.

We now know what the something was .... a kid-safe projectile from a Nerf gun. Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Justin was Nerf fighting with his 3-year-old brother and 4-year-old sister and apparently one of the darts hit the woman.

We're told the woman pitched a fit and told Bieber's people she was a security guard for the venue and was royally pissed off. She filed a police report and the cops are actually taking it seriously -- they've already interviewed some people at the venue.

Getting hit by a Nerf projectile is definitely annoying, but criminal? Be serious, Mounties.

Counter point:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDN87lGLuY4

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    hm... yes. I can reheat the pieces I don't eat and it can sustain me through the weekend.

Good plan.

W... Why would you reheat the pizza?

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    God, my dad works a lot in Romania and Poland and keeps bringing back these home distilled spirits in repurposed mineral water bottles.

Slivovitz? That's quite nice.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »
    hm... yes. I can reheat the pieces I don't eat and it can sustain me through the weekend.

Good plan.

Because I don't care for it cold as much.

Don't worry, I'd use the oven for that, not a microwave.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Good plan.

Because Norway

It is literally frozen solid.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Good plan.

Because I don't care for it cold as much.

Don't worry, I'd use the oven for that, not a microwave.

Your ways are strange and foreign to me.

• Options
    poshniallo wrote: »

Slivovitz? That's quite nice.

*wikis*

possibly, in that case. More generally it seemed to be made of anything fermentable.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

No pressure.

Don't actually take too good care of it.

If it survives 100 years, it will become animate and probably vengeful. you don't want that.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Na zdrowie, [chat].

Yes, they make Slivo out of pretty much anything.

• Options
    I have had bad times with stuff from bulgaria in a mineral water bottle.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I made eggs last night and I don't remember making them....

fuck,

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

fuck,

I want to make a joke, but i'm not allowed to.

:C

• Options

Yeah, it was something between a cleaning product and alcohol.

well atleast you're not blind. So.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Think I'm gonna have to stop ordering stuff from Amazon. The last 5 orders, all of 1 actually showed up.

Just checked the tracking on the cat litter that was supposed to be here Wednesday.

"Delivered - Front Porch Wednesday 23rd"

Oh OK. Well. I don't have a porch. But if you mean any area at all within 100 meters of my house I'm going to disagree because it ain't fucking here.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

fuck,

No headmates!

I woke up specifically to yell at you in this post! :P

• Options
    Think I'm gonna have to stop ordering stuff from Amazon. The last 5 orders, all of 1 actually showed up.

Just checked the tracking on the cat litter that was supposed to be here Wednesday.

"Delivered - Front Porch Wednesday 23rd"

Oh OK. Well. I don't have a porch. But if you mean any area at all within 100 meters of my house I'm going to disagree because it ain't fucking here.

it was probably delivered to a front porch.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    and so, I depart, for pizza

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Bring me some back you Scandanavian fuck!

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    What the shit, local school? Paper applications? Handwritten teaching philosophy? What is this, the dark ages?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    They're going to investigate for 48 hours and get back to me huh

Well

My cat is shitting right now

So

Kinda need that cat litter. Now.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

fuck,

No headmates!

I could make a joke about that, too...

But i'm not allowed to, again. :C

21stCentury on
  • Options
    Send it to Amazon.

It is a fair trade. You will forgive them if they take the mess.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    They're going to investigate for 48 hours and get back to me huh

Well

My cat is shitting right now

So

Kinda need that cat litter. Now.

You ordered cat litter from Amazon?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    I don't drive, so it's either order it online or lug it back from the only supermarket nearby; a mile away.

Yeah I order it off amazon.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Does Amazon do groceries in the US?

21stCentury on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    You can order pretty much anything from Amazon nowadays.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

fuck,

No headmates!

I could make a joke about that, too...

But i'm not allowed to, again. :C

God dammit. But you're sharp, I'll give you that.

writes "21st Century" down.

Good man, good man.
    Bring me some back you Scandanavian fuck!

I don't know why I laughed at this so much.

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »
    You can order pretty much anything from Amazon nowadays.

Not in Canada you can't.

This discussion has been closed.