Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home DadSeattle, WARegistered User regular
edited September 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse

Discuss all aspects of the NFL including Fantasy Football here.

Twitch Page
Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
3DS: 1934-0659-5183
Steam ID
MNC Dover on

• chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    chasm wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    There goes Vilma's effectiveness

He hasn't been effective in a while and is probably a cap casualty, anyway.

He was probably one of the most effective defensive players we had all year long. God has this been a hard year to watch defensively. I dunno who they are getting to replace Spagnuolo but it has to be better. There is bound to be a high school coach somewhere looking for a shot. Can't do worse.

I'm going to have to disagree with you about Vilma. He was playing out of position and looked lost (not that surprising). The best/sometimes only defender the Saints had was Cam Jordan. Greer wasn't effective, Robinson looked lost in zone coverage, Harper wasn't playing in his comfort zone, Jenkins just looked lost. Lofton was great in the run game, but ineffective in the passing game...Hicks was a bright spot, but really, outside of a few players, it was BAD, and Spags was at the heart of it.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2013
    It didn't even occur to me that this was an onion article when I saw it in my reader feed.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/peter-king-works-terrible-stay-at-courtyard-marrio,31044/

Dynagrip on
    ok98TNK.png
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8885203/sources-gregg-williams-draws-interest-tennessee-titans
    I'm going to be rather disappointed if WIlliams is reinstated after a single season.

This is some conjecture about future Stadium designs. I like the general idea, I always love drinking in the Hit It Here bar in the outfield at Safeco, but I think that it misses on the fact that games are still really expensive to go to. I also wouldn't be surprised to see smaller stadiums as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/27/future-nfl-stadiums-could-feature-less-sitting-more-standing/

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I....I can't believe I read that whole thing. There are people really like that in this world? I mean, they actually exist? WTF?

Twitch Page
    Steam ID
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    I am now dumber for having read all of that.

TFEOM_banner.jpg
    TheBlackWind
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    My goodness. Twitter is absolutely mangling the written English language. That is how most people are probably going to be writing in another 10-15 years.

I weep for proper grammar and spelling

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    My goodness. Twitter is absolutely mangling the written English language. That is how most people are probably going to be writing in another 10-15 years.

those who wrote in old english are very mad about your grammar and spelling!

Sir LandsharkKana
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Too long; not enough #s & @s.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I think the one thing to take away from all that is that LeSean McCoy got Ron Mexicoed

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    LOL man there must have been a bunch of no shows for Eli "Pick 6" Manning to get an invite.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Of course Matt Schaub is sacked. He folds even when there's literally no risk of him being injured.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
    TexiKen
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Schaub is Schaubing it up, even in the Super Bowl.

TexiKen
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Look at Russel go.

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Must have been all those KC players that did the AFC in.

The AFC always seems to get crushed

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    NFC is now 1 point shy of Duke's point total when they lost to Miami.

TFEOM_banner.jpg
    TheBlackWind
    Jerome Felton had 0 carries, 0 yards, and 0 TDs in the regular season, 4 carries for 18 and a TD in the Pro Bowl

Pro Bowl!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    betting Russell Wilson is studying film from the pro bowl right now

mrt144Kana
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    He and Brees are probably discussing the film over some coffee. And laughing themselves silly that Thomas Morstead actually caught Eric Berry.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    So are people pissed off at the Seahawks for running up the score in the Probowl?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So are people pissed off at the Seahawks for running up the score in the Probowl?

Why would anyone be mad at the Seahawks? It's the NFC that ran the score up. People are weird.

Twitch Page
    Steam ID
    it..it was a joke because earlier in the season people accused them of running up the score..and during the game Russell Wilson kinda did the same thing..

Arch,
    it..it was a joke because earlier in the season people accused them of running up the score..and during the game Russell Wilson kinda did the same thing..

Ah got it. BTW, you never answered my question as to why your avatar is wearing pink hair now. :)

Twitch Page
    Steam ID
  • picerjamopicerjamo Registered User
    I weep for proper grammar and spellinga18.jpgk3.jpg

MNC Dover wrote: »

Ah got it. BTW, you never answered my question as to why your avatar is wearing pink hair now. :)

chat thread, I think Chanus started it

Arch,
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Kyle Rudolph, MVP of the most important game ever played! Suck it Gronk/Hernandez and Jimmy Graham! Its time for the Kyle Rudolph era!

616610-1.png
    Considering that every Vikes game I saw had Ponder feed it to Rudolph as his safety valve, I wouldn't be surprised if he has good receiving numbers next year.

TFEOM_banner.jpg
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Element BrianTiger BurningTheBlackWind
    Jets have explored the option of Jamarcus

lol

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Podly
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Jets have explored the option of Jamarcus

lol

that is a move so unbelievably stupid it can only pay off wonderfully for the jets and becomes the best qb ever

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Tiger Burning
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    JaDumbass will get the start backed up by Ryan Leaf wearing and ankle monitor.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    What I don't understand is how a guy goes from 320 lbs down to 305 lbs, and then suddenly feels comfortable announcing that he's serious this time guys, seriously.

Like, you know that if it isn't from natural weight fluctuation, then it's all probably water weight that he's lost in the first two weeks...

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    What I don't understand is how a guy goes from 320 lbs down to 305 lbs, and then suddenly feels comfortable announcing that he's serious this time guys, seriously.

Like, you know that if it isn't from natural weight fluctuation, then it's all probably water weight that he's lost in the first two weeks...

Yeah

Although there ain't no drug tests when you're unemployed, so I bet he could get back in fighting shape surprisingly quickly

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    JaMarcus is one of the worst NFL quarterbacks that I've ever seen.

ok98TNK.png
    edited January 2013
    Well a huge part of the Jets QB philosophy is being capable of sacking yourself so Jamarcus should slot right in for Sanchez (very snugly, though. I don't buy the "305")

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I'm not getting why the Jets would look at Jamarcus. Do.. do they want to cut him open like a Tauntaun so that Sanchez has somewhere to keep warm in late season home games?

TFEOM_banner.jpg
    KanaSo It Goes
    They need him to run the wildcat with Tebow gone

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    0Ml4S9U.jpg

cowboys, huh

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    TheBlackWind