As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MS Word woes

MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
edited January 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm writing something in a wierd-ass format which is smaller than A4 (or 'letter format' for you yanks), think paperback format. When I print it at home for proofing It will be printed on A4 but I would like to see the outlines of my smaller format, is this doable? Asking Word to show crop lines will unfortunately put the crop lines in the margins which is not where it will be cropped. It will be cut down so the margins still exist once it is printed.

This will of course be handled by the print shop in the end but now that I'm giving away copies to people for proofing I want them to see the final format. There are a bunch of pictures, tables and figures so the layout is kind of depending on the page proportions etc.

Movitz on

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Can you save it as a PDF? I believe that you can check a box for cropmarks in the latest version PDF Reader. Don't forget to set the page scaling to none.

• Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Unfortunately the program only enables page borders when you want to print more than one page per sheet of paper. I thought I could solve that by choosing to print the multiple amount of one (1) page per sheet, but no dice. The program is smart enough to scale the whole thing up to A4 then.

Very good idea to convert to PDF and try to avoid Word though, I didn't think of that at all.

Edit: You are on the right track. Apparently Acrobat Pro will allow me to do exactly what I want according to google. I'll try it tomorrow at the office since I don't have it at home.

Movitz on