As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield] The BF4 Beta has concluded. Two weeks until full release! (new thread up)

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    BF4 running on a i3 + Intel HD 4000 graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1BytaB4v3Q

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Grand Bazaar was one of the best maps, but you just never go to Bravo point. Otherwise you're just going in a circle around the map capping points and killin dudes as you please.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Has Intel finally catched up to 360? :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    How is it when I watch somebody playing the people they come across are dumb as rocks and let themselves get gunned down without making any indication they even noticed but when I play everyone is shooting me immediately.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    How is it when I watch somebody playing the people they come across are dumb as rocks and let themselves get gunned down without making any indication they even noticed but when I play everyone is shooting me immediately.

I was thinking that precise same thing.

All I get are psychic ninjas who know what I'm doing before I do - people in youtube video seem to play against people who are playing with one hand.

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

If other people are much like me, I have wicked long bouts of kill-streak than go dry for a few lives.

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

If other people are much like me, I have wicked long bouts of kill-streak than go dry for a few lives.

I noticed this when I play Domination or Conquest Domination in Close Quarters. I have periods where I always seem to be in the right place at the right time and I'm gunning guys down who don't even know I'm there. Then I have periods where the shoe is on the other foot.

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »

I noticed this when I play Domination or Conquest Domination in Close Quarters. I have periods where I always seem to be in the right place at the right time and I'm gunning guys down who don't even know I'm there. Then I have periods where the rubber band is on the other claw

FTFY

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    Ughhh! Was this only for PC? I should have played other mode than conquest :(

The USAS and frags was hilarious in dom, the best is grabbing it off the bat of the game and just waiting for that first load of people to come up the elevator....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TqWRQWbiSc

iRevert on

My streaks are likely much shorter but yeah, I will get some great momentum going and then I fall pretty flat for awhile. The game can feel very luck based sometimes. BF3 especially. But playing with friends definitely minimizes that.

• GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    I'm really not sure what to do for BF4. None of the patches fixed my high CPU usage, and I'm not confident it'll be any better at retail.

Even if it was, I dunno, I'm just not feeling the spark this time. I should be rabid for launch day at this point, what the hell is wrong with me?

• Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    Im pretty glad they nerfed the defibs, "meat grinder' levels will be less stupid

The main reason you get meat grind sure isn't the defib in BF3 though, it's useless map design coupled with high/easy lethality. It's super hard to flank in a game where you can get pegged by an smg at range. It's even harder if there's nowhere to flank (hello game not designed for rush).

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    So I have BF4 and Premium pre-ordered and I'm looking forward to playing with some of you PA folks come launch but I lack a decent headset. Any good cheap-ish suggestions? (60-ish or lower?) (I'm from Canada so amazon.ca would probably be my source)

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    So I played on the last day of the beta.

Most of the matches I played there was wreckage all over b. Just thought that was normal.

Then I got to climb the skyscraper, and ventilate dudes coming out of the elevators.

Then they blew up the skyscraper from under me, and I did an action movie parachute jump off the top while the building fell towards me, fighting people in midair doing the same thing.

One copy sold.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    although no lock-ons for RPGs is disappointing because I really hate people that pilot

well I have really no follow up. i hope the other rocket launcher's will be enough to frustrate the hell outta pilots instead of just making them press X and go away for a few seconds.

tyrannus wrote: »
    although no lock-ons for RPGs is disappointing because I really hate people that pilot

well I have really no follow up.

That's ok because no one takes you seriously.

• BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »

Thank god. One shot homing RPG's on choppers was very dumb.

Settings you can mess with, and keep the server ranked:

3d spotting on/off - Turning it off immediately makes the server label 'hardcore'
    Player health
    Magazine pool as opposed to ammo pool
    Health regen on/off - DarkLord wasn't sure whether this also included vehicles.
    Squad leader spawning only on/off
    Change the ticket bleed rate

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    BF4 running on a i3 + Intel HD 4000 graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1BytaB4v3Q

That is far more playable than it was for me. Guess I need to upgrade my i5 and 680GTX to that ...

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited October 2013
    What the hell, I liked the lock-on RPG! It was a lot of fun having a recon buddy painting targets! I'll unlock the Stinger pretty quickly so I'll have a guided anti-aircraft solution anyway but I really liked the cooperative nature of the lock-on RPG. I want more cooperative stuff!

Sarksus on
    What the hell, I liked the lock-on RPG! It was a lot of fun having a recon buddy painting targets! I'll unlock the Stinger pretty quickly so I'll have a guided anti-aircraft solution anyway but I really liked the cooperative nature of the lock-on RPG. I want more cooperative stuff!

But the mechanic is still in, you can still do your coop move in the full game. Just not with RPGs.

I mean, did you get hit by locked on RPGs? They sure were fun to fire but... They were really fun to fire actually, stupid helicopters!

edited October 2013
    Vic_Hazard wrote: »

But the mechanic is still in, you can still do your coop move in the full game. Just not with RPGs.

I mean, did you get hit by locked on RPGs? They sure were fun to fire but... They were really fun to fire actually, stupid helicopters!

I guess if it lets the Javelin lock onto air targets that will be just as good, just have to wait longer to unlock it. And the few times I was in a helicopter the amount of time before it was shot down seemed about the same as it was in BF3.

Sarksus on
    I told you guys they were just testing the game mechanic. If they actually let RPGs do that there would be zero reason to put another launcher in the game such as the IGLA or Javelin. I'll still use my IGLA for those annoying pilots who think they're hot shit until their airspace gets shutdown.

edited October 2013
    I don't think there'd be zero reason, as recons using the PLD was still pretty rare in the beta. The vast majority of my RPG shots were unguided.

Edit: Holy shit, I reinstalled BF3 and played a bit. My mouse sensitivity is low and my aim was still flying around at super speed.

Sarksus on
    Yes, but when there was a recon actually doing good lasing, you'd see 3-4 rockets fire all at once against the target, it was really easy to just equip the RPG due to its versatility.

Nah, the RPG was the only choice and would continue to be the only choice with lock on. It deals the most damage, it can be used against ground and air, if it can lock it has everything a launcher wants.

Stingers/iglas are pretty much supposed to scare away air though rather than kill it, unless you mass fire. I'm completely fine with that considering how incredibly easy it is to use, though the best usage I've had of it is the hilarious transport chopper armed with stingers.

I didn't see that much, but regardless I'll get over this change, as it's not like I'm used to locking on with the RPG anyway.

Exactly, when a team was actively using it, they would entirely shut down any air and armor support almost immediately.

Exactly, when a team was actively using it, they would entirely shut down any air and armor support almost immediately.

Air and land, basically if C was still standing and a team was worth its shit the second a tank got designated it had 5 RPGs flying down at it each of which got a damage bonus because it was striking from the top of the tank.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Reddit
    1.) Non Lock-on: RPG and SMAW: Dumb fired RPGs just like in BF3 (and every other Battlefield game ever)
    2.) Wire Guided that can Lock on: SRAW (AT-4): Fires instantly like an RPG, but it's a wire guided rocket the shooter can keep steering into the target. It IS capable of locking onto designated targets.
    3.) Lock on weapon: Stinger and Igla - Locking rockets vs air vehicles only.
    4.) Lock on weapon: Javelin - Same as in BF3, but now the user must maintain the lock on the target until it is hit.
    5.) Lock on weapon: MBT LAW - Like a Javelin from BF3, but fires much quicker doesn't need the shooter to maintain the lock, therefore it does less damage.
    6.) Lock on weapon: Starstreak - Locks on to air and ground vehicles, with very limited ammo as it's a battle pickup.

I think my preferred launchers will be the SMAW (bit less damage than RPG for a straighter flight path) and the SRAW.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    The SRAW sounds great. Are there any countermeasures against it. I don't mind trading extra time to guide it for not having to rely on a lock or deal with flares.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I would think an engineer guiding a SRAW to its target would be a juicy target for a sniper or mortar attack.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    That's a possibility. It would depend on your position and the distance to your target. Since fire and forget systems can leave you vulnerable while you are attaining a lock, if your target is close enough that you're guiding the rocket for only a few seconds it might be a wash.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    The SRAW sounds great. Are there any countermeasures against it. I don't mind trading extra time to guide it for not having to rely on a lock or deal with flares.

I'm guessing the rocket speed might be a drawback. I need to check daskro's video.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA

I'm guessing the rocket speed might be a drawback. I need to check daskro's video.

Oh, is it noticeably slower? I wonder if it can be shot down.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I'd imagine the reload is longer.
    Being able to just whip out a pistol and shoot down a rocket is just about as dumb as an RPG-7 locking onto stuff.

Bless your heart.
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I wonder what the damage difference between the five AT launchers will be.

Its also just so odd to see the most damaging AT launcher is the RPG-7....

TTODewback wrote: »
    I'd imagine the reload is longer.
    Being able to just whip out a pistol and shoot down a rocket is just about as dumb as an RPG-7 locking onto stuff.

I was thinking more the helicopter minigun and cannon.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I'm going to go ahead and start the new thread, y'all feel free to either keep posting here 'till 100 or start in the new one.

u4OkoEI.png
This discussion has been closed.