As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cookies.

Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
mmm. so many varieties we enjoy, but we never take the time to truly appreciate the simplicity that is, a cookie.

delicious.jpg

easy to eat, easy to make, and arguably one of the most delicious treats.

this thread is in devotion to the cookie, and from here on out we praise the cookie.

all types of cookies are welcome - but no "bars" of any sort, and that includes the brownie.

what cookie would you choose above all others?

i wanted love, i needed love
most of all, most of all
someone said true love was dead
but i'm bound to fall
bound to fall for you
oh what can i do
Xenocide Geek on

• Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Tollhouse.

God, those things are delicious.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I like white chocolate macdonian cookies, hmm soo good.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    CeloisCelois Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oatmeal cookies.

Celois on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Peanut butter, or peanut butter chocolate chip.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't know the type, but my mom buys boxes of frozen cookie dough cookies. They come in four varieties of chocolate: white chocolate chunks, milk chocolate chunks, mixed white and milk chocolate chunks, and chocolate with chocolate chunks.

You take the cookies you feel like eating (which are in frozen dough form), put them on a plate in the oven for five mintues so they bake, and five minutes later you have awesomely delicious hot cookies fresh out of the oven.

They are the most insanely awesome thing ever.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Dr. ODr. O Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Homemade chocolate chip cookies. God that makes me homesick...

Dr. O on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just about anything fresh with an ice cold glass of milk.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Anzac biscuits. mmmm yeah.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    who said you could eat my cookies

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Chocolate chip. Before they've cooled down and become rigid little discs. The dough is also yummy. Mmm, salmonella.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Peanut butter, or peanut butter chocolate chip.

i did a search and it brought me to this post

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    box_thinmints.jpg

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    dude tagalongs and samoas are the best and thin mints are a razor thin second

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Cookies are much better when they are soft and chewy and hot.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have heard that in Americaland, they use the word biscuit to refer to scones. Is this true

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    Grid SystemGrid System Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Chocolate chip and macadamia cookies.

It doesn't get any better.

Grid System on
  • Options
    DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Chocolate Cookies with White Chocolate Chips.

Totally

DeVryGuy on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    I have heard that in Americaland, they use the word biscuit to refer to scones. Is this true

No, biscuits are slightly different. They are kinda sconeish, though.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

no, we use the word biscuits for biscuits and scones for scones
    they are two seperate entitties

heh

titties

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

You're thinking of a pastry, usually bready or savory, slightly dry? Never sweet or sugary, never with chocolate chips or fruit, and may be made from wheat or buttermilk, yes?

We call those "biscuits." Note that we don't add currants or raisins or any such gayness. A biscuit in the US is just bread. Virgin bread, waiting to be defiled with gravy or butter.

A "scone" in the US is similar, but sweet (flavored with fruit or chocolate) and is usually much, much denser and heavier, and is typically eaten with breakfast.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited March 2007
    See, this is not helping, because in America if you call scones biscuits then presumably you call something else scones.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Feral wrote: »

You're thinking of a pastry, usually bready or savory, slightly dry? Never sweet or sugary, never with chocolate chips or fruit, and may be made from wheat or buttermilk, yes?

We call those "biscuits." Note that we don't add currants or raisins or any such gayness. A biscuit in the US is just bread. Virgin bread, waiting to be defiled with gravy or butter.

Ah. See, in the rest of the world, a biscuit is not bread. A biscuit is small hard and flat, like this or girl guide cookies. What you are describing is known as a scone. It can have currents and crap though.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ah. See, in the rest of the world, a biscuit is not bread. A biscuit is small hard and flat, like this or girl guide cookies. What you are describing is known as a scone. It can have currents and crap though.

Most of the time, we call those "cookies," but if they're particularly flat and dry (much like the one you posted) and obviously meant for dunking in a beverage they might be marketed here as "tea biscuits."

Feral on

• Options
    MVMosinMVMosin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I have to say it: what Yankees call cookies make me vomit upon attempted ingestion.

MVMosin on
  • Options
    MVMosinMVMosin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Nothing against Yankees. It's just that the cookies are like... Small plates of sugary dough.

The cookies I was raised on are not dissimilar to the bits used in Protestant communion.

MVMosin on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Samoas are worth vomiting.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Homemade chocolate chip cookies.

That depends

what the hell's a scone

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    All Hail the Sugar Cookie, greatest in the land.

rchou on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Praise my Norwegian blood for introducing me to the krumkake.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

That depends

what the hell's a scone

Kinda like a sweet roll, often with fruit or some such in it. The thing with scones is that they get the fluffy from butter releasing steam when it cooks and if you make them wrong come out hard as rocks and slightly less edible.

Good scones rock though.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I just eat the cookie dough from the tube.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

That depends

what the hell's a scone

Kinda like a sweet roll, often with fruit or some such in it. The thing with scones is that they get the fluffy from butter releasing steam when it cooks and if you make them wrong come out hard as rocks and slightly less edible.

Good scones rock though.

Sweet in America, apparently. You can make it anyhow elsewhere.
    Also who the hell doesn't know what a scone is

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    OK so my parents (australian) say SKON so I call it a 'skon.' Everyone here ridicules me however, saying scone should rhyme with stone. Whay say ye brits - you invented the treats.

Oh and scones with fresh whipped cream and stawberry jam are too delicious.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    M&M, chocolate chip, macedamia-nut cookies, peanut butter cookies are all awesome. For a christmas present my sister got me a "cookie of the month" subscription and she is sending me a batch of homemade cookies a month for 6 months. It is truly awesome.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    OK so my parents (australian) say SKON so I call it a 'skon.' Everyone here ridicules me however, saying scone should rhyme with stone. Whay say ye brits - you invented the treats.

Oh and scones with fresh whipped cream and stawberry jam are too delicious.

I'm not a Brit, but I understand opinion is divided in the UK as well. I say skon.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Posh people say sco-own; but my northern girlfriend is adamant skon is southern. Paradox.

(it has to be skon, or else you can't say "what's the fastest cake in the West? s'gone!")

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Homemade chocolate chip cookies are the way to go. Failing that, Keebler Soft Batch cookies are pretty good, especially if they're warmed up.

Jebu on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

That depends

what the hell's a scone

Good scones rock though.

Sweet in America, apparently. You can make it anyhow elsewhere.
    Also who the hell doesn't know what a scone is
    Me, evidently.

So, uhm, based on the picture Wikipedia comes up with, I will say that yes, a scone is what we call a biscuit in America.

I've never heard of them being made with fruit, though.

And they're not sweet.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Take one bag of Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix.

Prepare as instructed, adding 2 tbsp. crunchy peanut butter to the mix.

Right after you take them out of the oven, spoon a dollop of Nutella onto each cookie.

Drizzle rainbow sprinkles onto the sticky Nutella.

Let cool for about 5-10 minutes.

Enjoy the some of the best cookies ever, preferably with a large glass of milk.

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

No, we call biscuits biscuits. No American knows nothing about no scones. 'Cepting those latte-drinking pansies on the West coast.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X