Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Against the Keep! (OOC Thread) (All issues are rendered Moot!)

13»

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    I hope Dilzix is terrifying enough to maybe get some extra gold outta this.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    Orokos won't let me sign in for some reason...so I'll have to wait until I'm home to finish my post :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Peff, I have the same problem with orokos frequently. Next time this happens clear your internet data/cookies and you should be able to log in again.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    I'm going to wait for a description of the pits and what they're about before posting Naruz' response.

• Options
    Changed my mind, didn't want to slow the game down, so I just assumed what the pits are and posted.

• Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Kind of a busy week at work. The IT tech assistant that usually helps me out in the workplace was sick this whole week so far, causing me to work on both our jobs till he gets back..

Will post up today.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Lucky you. I kind of figured it was just a busy workweek or something. On the flip side, I found out last Tuesday that today is my last day at my job. My position is being "eliminated" so that they can pay two contractors half each of what they pay me and no benefits.

I've got a job interview tomorrow though, and I'm pretty certain that as long as I don't flub it up majorly, I'll get the job.

• Options
    LeperLeper Registered User regular
    Sounds to me that you're not losing a job, you're gaining a new employer that's not a complete jack-hole! ;)

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    Yah, we were bought out just over two years ago by a major company who wanted to break into the international market and they've been letting people go steadily ever since. Morale is in the crapper and the work environment has been slowly declining ever since. This might just be a blessing. Still when you've got a chronically ill wife and two young kids, it's a bit of a kick in the gut at first.

Luckily I've never had a problem hitting the ground running and finding something pretty quickly (Thank God for IT)

• Options
    Geez...sounds brutal. Still, blessing in disguise. Hopefully those contractors do 1/4 of the quality so the management can wake up one night and go "Snowdown...oh gods, what have we done?!"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Remember when I said I'd post 24 hours ago?

I lied. Or to be exact... our company's server lied for me. Or it was part of some conspiracy from preventing me to post. Or it was a Proto-Skynet. Or something.

I entered the offices at 7:30 AM at work to find out our server has crashed. After a hectic day (and on a FRIDAY, the day we usually come out earlier, nonetheless) getting them back on and working sufficiently (read: as in, not deciding to keel over once again), I came back home at 9:45 PM, with not a single break for lunch or dinner given what so ever (remember kids: read those fine prints on a contract VERY CAREFULLY; they might come to bite you in the ass one day!).

So if a post is coming, it will definitely be tomorrow, as its the weekend AND I'll be less tired (I yearn for the sweet release of slumber more than a bite to eat at this moment).

tl;dr version: WORST. WEEK. EVER!

@Snowdown: I wish you the best of luck at getting that new job :)

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    No worries, boss. We're all here when you're not exhausted :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LeperLeper Registered User regular
    If it makes you feel any better I have been on the timeclock since 2am Wednesday. I'll be getting off work Sunday morning at 6am.

OTOH, I spend a lot of time napping on the clock and my paycheck is going to be insane.

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    Life happens, yo. Hope everything is sorted so it calms down some.

• Options
    So, 2nd interview today for job. Wish me luck. Hope work calms down a bit for you, Tia.

• Options
    Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

• Options
    Hey guys!

Remember when I said I'd post in the weekend? Yeah, had some relatives that visited then. If that wasn't enough, I developed a host of migraines on Monday, which meant my mind couldn't focus properly. But anywhoo...

Yeah, gonna post it up today definitely (I'm already done with Allkret, Naruz and Cull's posts so far, so halfway through).

• Options
    Post is FINALLY up!

Sorry it took so long. But I figured with my Kingmaker PbP over, I'll have more time to focus on this now, I reckon.

You can post up an IC post along with your !Ready, just to keep the story going.

@Snowdown: Good luck with your second interview!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Post coming tomorrow (Sunday).

With the release of Heart of the Swarm creeping around the corner (I'm replaying Wings of Liberty just to get reacquainted with the plot), and my Mass Effect juices flowing through my head, I've been a bit busy.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    So I start the job Monday. Also if your mass effect juices are flowing should we switch gears to warhammer 40k? Rogue trader? Etc. ;)
    Looking forward to the post!

• Options
    We can haz post? Hope everything is ok with you @Tiamatz !

• Options
    There's a decent chance that he's been mutated into a zergling and is just rampaging and tearing everything to pieces.

• Options
    Dead as soon as it began?

• Options
    Looks that way :( I'm beginning to think I just have bad luck with pbps fizzling.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Peff has been kidnapped by Snowdown and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I wanna be badass, like Snake in BOXES
    So I’m liftin them ups!  You like that, hosses?
    Near the ENDER, I get no respect
    FYI the application? They double checked.
    Which forumer am I?